Future of Bitcoins

Can Bitcoin in the future become the main currency for financial transactions and settlements concluded via the Internet?

Financial institutions are giving us mixed signals,in my opinion.

For example, the state of Ohio recently allowed companies to pay their corporate taxes with Bitcoin.

At the same time the SEC chairman stated that the lack investor protection hinders the approval of Bitcoin exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and that the main concerm remains the fact that cryptocurrencies can still be too easily stolen or manipulated on the so called crypto exchanges. The remarks were made at the Consensus Invest Conference in Manhattan, New York. He added that the problem has to be resolved before SEC would make any move to allow the first Bitcoin ETFs.

So, we’ll have to wait and see, I guess.

I don’t think so. Are you following the news surrounding cryptocurrencies? They are having a hard time at the moment. Unless the Government or world financial bodies find a way to benefit themselves from it, bitcoin and co will have to fight harder.

Maybe; it has a great future! But, according to my observation this year will be boring as like 2018.

I see Bitcoin is new and it shocked the world in 2017 and 2018 but people are smarter now and it’s reason Bitcoin cannot be back to its peak.

The problem with Bitcoin is that there are not enough coins in order to replace total amount of money in system. This is one of the main reasons why BTC cannot replace fiat money and become mean of payment.

Bitcoins relative price is extremely unstable.

There are digital wallet services on the internet that are equally functional as bitcoin.

Like what? Can you give an example

Paypal.

PayPal Holdings Inc.
PayPal.svg
Type of business Public
Type of site
Financial
Available in Multilingual
Traded as
NASDAQ: PYPL
NASDAQ-100 Component
S&P 100 Component
S&P 500 Component
Founded December 1998; 20 years ago (as Confinity)

Bitcoin is divisible to 16 decimal places, I believe. That should help.

News is bad because its in a bear market. Never listen to the news :slight_smile:

I think it can only go up in value from here!

although i’m not convinced of how much its going to take over the financial system…

My honest opinion is a 100k- 200k BTC by end of 2022. Save this message lol

You would be mistaken, unfortunately. No guarantees, with some claiming a bottom below $3k. There’s been a 35% increase in volume in the last day or two… but with volume spikes of that magnitude, there usually comes a sell-off. Let’s see where we go in the next 24-48 hours. I’m currently seeing USD $3972.70.