FX broker and larger account

Hello.

I’m planing to start trading larger amounts of money, and I’m concerned about funds safety. I would open multiple accounts with different brokers to minimize risk. But still - what should I take into account when deciding on a broker?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks!

1.choose regulated broker by NFA US, FSA UK, FINMA Switzerland or ASIC australia, but if were you US resident you are only can choose US brokerage

1. ECN broker, with tight spread

NFA: MB trading, Interactive Broker, FSA: forex.com, dukascopy, MIG Bank, ASIC: Pepperstone

Thanks.

How about broker handling customer accounts as separate accounts? That gives the client assurance that client’s funds are not treated as broker’s recoverable asset.

And what about government deposit guarantee schemes? If a broker keeps my money in a separate account, and the account is in my name, would my deposit be covered by this type of guarantee?

first thing is to check if the broker is regulated. then check for is agreement. spreads, execution and withdrawal mode. you can do search on this. i know i couple of brokers: AVAFX, MT5, FXPRO and PROFIFOREX.

I appreciate you comment, but the fact that a broker is regulated does not mean that they won’t do away with your money. So many scam issues are being filed at FPA or Earnforex and these are coming from traders who are using regulated brokers. I hate the fact that some brokers hide under the name of being regulated and treat clients like they own their money. There are only a few regulated brokers that have not made life miserable for rich clients. This is not to say being regulated is not good, its just that, I’ll rather open an account with a an offshore broker who treats me right, than register with a regulated broker that offers miserable trading conditions.

Also, make sure that the broker is listed under NYSE so you would know if they passed all the tests there is to offer.

If you ask me, i think it is a good idea to open multiple accounts with different brokers. We can’t really put our full trust on a broker handling our funds. But in choosing a broker, we should look for one that is trustworthy and reliable in the business, one we can count on without any hint of fear. Sometimes, people like going for a broker that is known the world over, which is not a bad idea. While others are not known the world over, but offer good services. So we should carefully check, wether known or not just look for one that is reputable.

if you are US Based Oanda, Interactive Brokers and FXCM are the top dogs and all regulated. With the US regulations being so tight on segregation and security, I would stick with US based if you are in the US. If you are not in the US, then go with go with one of the marquee names in the FSA like Dukas, Alpari, FXCM.uk, CCC, etc. Be very careful with brokers based in Cyprus and Russia, it’s the wild wild west out there imho.