FX cm trade station simulation mode

Hi there,

i recently discovered simulation mode for back testing - and its brilliant, however, when i save my project and close the simulator and reopen the project, all my trading history disappears and it starts from the beginning without allowing me to resume from where i had left of???

Please assist.

I tried the broker support part, but not sure if i will get a response if you know what i mean?

Thank you. I would really appreciate the help,

Thanks!

@Jason_Rogers - please provide some feedback - thank you

Hi @ZDi9250!
I also often practice on the FXCM Simulator and have found it very useful. But I don’t use it for back-testing as I am pretty much set in my trading methods. I use it simply to keep myself in tune with my own methods and keep my responses consistent because the nature of the markets changes surprisingly, and often unobtrusively, over the years.

I just pick a random month from anywhere over the last 8 years and trade it on fast-forward, sometimes a summer month, sometimes a spring or autumn month and so on.

But, to your question: Yes, I find the same issue. I can save a project but when I reopen it then the parameters are the same but the balance has been reset and the marketscope restarts from the 1st date.

You could refer this to the FXCM rep here on BP, @Jason_Rogers. He is very helpful and will find an answer for you (us! :smiley: )

1 Like

awesome, thanks for the info :slight_smile:

Hi @ZDi9250 and @anon46773462

Always happy to help! The save project feature will save the settings you selected when launching the simulation mode but it won’t resume where you left off unfortunately. Sorry I don’t have better news. But I’ll send this over as a new feature suggestion to the development team.

Jason

1 Like