FX Forecast and Trading Ideas all Currencies (each month)

I will post here montly trading ideas/forecasts for all majors/minors. I will also trade them personally. I’m trading currencies over 10 years now. Former asset manager > 2 million dollar. Still i’m happy to discuss trading ideas (also with beginners) for each upcoming month.

1 Like

August 2018:

Trend Channels, SHS patterns, Support & Resistance, Directions of Pairs.

August 2018:

RED = Strong SELL oppertunities
Light RED = SELL oppertunities (other pairs stronger…)
White = Ranging (Buy and Sell oppertunities, risky/small trades)
Light GREEN = BUY oppertunities (other pairs stronger…)
GREEN = Strong BUY oppertunities

1 Like

Have you got a myfxbook or similar tracking account?

Please check the website for the tracking acc.
I’m planning to use bigger trades… at the 4H timeframe.
As former automated HF trader, trading manually was still adjusting my way of trading first month uptill now. The perf must now grow to max DD / win each month = -2000 pips / 2000 pips.

Ok, I had a look at the site. Thanks.

I’ll keep an eye on your ideas on here and see how you do. I’m a little sceptical right now for a couple of reasons…

• You are posting your ideas on trades for a month, yet you seem to be day trading (11 hours average trade).
  • You have 170 trades in 17 days, that seems like a lot to me.
  • The success rate isn’t great, although does seem to have significantly improved.
  • -621 pips yet a positive cash profit.
  • I would expect more pips per trade on a 4 hour chart than you are getting most of the time (30 trades less than 5 pip profit doesn’t seem worth the risk).

This is in no way a criticism of you or your trading, just that before I take any note of what somebody says as ideas, I like to know that their style matches mine. Oh and your account says “Risky activity detected!” haha

Thank you for your contribution first of all…

Sceptical, always the right way to judge things the first time…

The average trade duration will of course become higher because trades will be bigger. (multiple days?) I do agree to the fact that 170 trades is way too much! (daytrading) Next month I hope to make 10-20 trades each week/ 50-100 trades next month. Of course the ideas posted above are directions how to trade, not the actual trades i will make. Sometimes I do have to exit a trade because I think I’m in too fast or first it seems a good trade, then I think it’s too risky, or a hit of the stop, but the trade is still worth the risk. On the other hand I didn’t make a forecast for the previous month. I think this preparation is of key importance. Also the succes rate will improve to 90% instead of 50%. Average pips trade towards 30-50 instead of 5.

Im very curious myself how the performance will develop upcoming months… (trading with E200, can I make a million in 2 years…??? double the amount of equity in the trading acc. each month…)

The ‘risky trading detected warning’ will vanish if the account is back in profit :slight_smile:

The cash profit (and still negative pips balance) is because of a demo acc I used later on with a larger amount of cash. Therefore the amount of lots used is higher. (lots increasement automated with grow cash, I’m still a programmer)
Next month I will start trading real cash. :slight_smile:

What do u think of the previous robot account?
And what style do u like to prefer? (robot trading of manual trading) as SP or yourself?

I will start with as little as E 200,-- to earn E 1.000.000,–. hahaha see if it works…
(need 2 years…?)

First half year (2018)
Then 1,5 each month (1,5^5 = 7,5)
E 200 x 7,5 = 1500.
(2019) 12 months.
(1,5^12 = 130)
1500 x 130 = 200k
(2020) another five months…
(1,5^5 = 7,5)
200k x 7,5 = 1.5 million. (+ reserve bank)

If you’re looking to double your account every month and withdraw half the profits, then I think you’re going to blow your account early on. The only way you’re likely to do that is by trading large lots and with only E200, you’ll be blown if you get unlucky. I’m also not sure if the exponential growth is likely. As lot sizes increase, you’ll suffer more slippage and need more pips to cover this.

90% success rate with 30-50 pips. Sounds incredible, but unrealistic. I’ve seen some traders with fantastic results and nobody gets close to that. You should start a new tracking account for real trading. It’d be interesting to see how you fare with some proper analysis. My guess is, you won’t be able to recreate the demo performance because your style is similar to mine was on demo but more aggressive and I blew an account :frowning:

I trade manually. I’ve written an EA that trades my strategy and looks to have decent performance. The only problem is that I sometimes don’t get into a trade because it looks like the move I want has already finished, but my EA can’t detect that because I use a combination of fundamentals and chart analysis to determine if that move will continue. I typically open 1 trade in the morning and don’t usually keep it open past the end of the day. However, I do take some position trades for long term moves too. My record is nothing special though…

Not bad at all! We will see. Of course I will blow my account (once every year???) Thats why 50% profit is going to the bank. Then again I’m able to start over with 50% of the worth of the bank acc. Trading over weekend? You need to cash at least 50% of your profit!!!

The previous week i made 500 pips. Next week again 500 pips will be earned hopefully by the exit on most likely GBPJPY, EURJPY, GBPCAD and EURAUD. (agressive buy)

Then I think it’s less risky to trade with the trend earning 1000 pips a week? Next months… Well, maybe it takes 4 years instead of 2. Thats not a problem for me. (-2000, 2000 instead of -2000, 4000) And yes, trading like this is ‘the risky approach’. I do not recommend this to investors. (max DD = -20% instead of -50%) (-2000 pips = -20% instead of -50%)

We will see. The account at the website seems to be ‘blown up’. but by making a couple of 1000 pips next months, you won’t see the DD of -1000 anymore. You will be able to see the LIVE trades because then an L will be shown in the record instead of a D for demo.

More slippage if lot sizes increase… well, im not that big… :stuck_out_tongue: maybe by investors of > 2 million again you will notice slippage. (unfortunately, i’m first, then followers)

Have a nice day. We will see upcoming month.

mmh i’m not happy with the results yet… maybe i have to be more patient…

on the other hand, still all directions of the heatmap seem to be intact.
most important:

EURGBP strong buy.
GBPJPY strong sell
EURJPY strong sell
USDJPY sell after reversal.
USDCHF sell
GBPNZD strong sell
GBPAUD strong sell
NZDUSD strong buy
AUDUSD buy
AUDNZD sell
GBPUSD strong sell
CADJPY strong sell
CADCHF seems to becoming a sell.

made a new acc to start trading with real money…

start E 200 …

each day (2%)
1,02 ^20 = 1,5 each month.
1,5 ^ 24 = 17000 (2 years)
E 200 x 17000 = enough.

Lets see how this works… 4 euro’s each day

first trades going well :slight_smile:

almost 7 euro’s today… (7/200 = 3,5%)
(2% is enough)

1,035^20 = 2. (200% month)
2^12 = 4100
E 200 x 4100 = 800.000

Hello friends! I hope all of you would be enjoying your trading life. I want to say here that hard work and shear dedication always pay off good results. So, always give your best and let the market hitting the prices what it wants. Thank you!

Hello edmund, thank u for joining.

Hard work. Yes be patient. Success will come. Make sure you are not out of gunpowder when u finally find your way of succesfull trading. It takes years. 90% of traders do lose. Therefore 10% of traders win serieus money.

mmh, think the heatmap is correct untill now

GBPJPY Little up, then down (first move has been done, correct)
EURJPY (same)
EURGBP (still starting his move up)
CADJPY, USDJPY (down, thenup, then reversal, down? or ranging?)

Hot atm:
EURAUD, EURNZD, GBPAUD, GBPNZD (start of move down)
NZDUSD, AUDUSD, EURUSD, GBPUSD
(start of move up… NZD most upwards potential, then AUD etc.)
USDCHF, USDCAD, (down when other XXXUSD go up)
(one of XXXUSD overbought? or USDCAD/USDJPY testing strong resistance?
then USDCAD buy and USDJPY can be used, still in trend up)
also GBPJPY, EURJPY etc. will move strongly up…
AUDJPY of course most strongly up… (when USDJPY hitting low of trendcanal)

new trading ideas in just a minute…

August 2018 (2) (only hot pairs…)

(too much a up momentum… for GBPJPY, EURJPY, AUDJPY, AUDUSD)
(too much ranging for AUDNZD instead of up…)

buy on USDCAD = actual trade
sell on AUDNZD
(buy EURGBP) = () = potential trade
(buy USDJPY)
(buy EURJPY)
buy AUDJPY
(buy AUDUSD)
buy NZDUSD
sell EURNZD
(sell GBPNZD)
(sell GBPAUD)
(sell EURAUD)