FX Solutions VS FXCM

Please help me choose a good broker. I tried both FX Solutions and FXCM mini practice accounts. Both seem ok with good leverage 1:400 and 1K lot. Fx Solutions spread is a lot like 5 pips, FXCM’s spread seems better like 2-3 pips…I am new to Forex with very little practice account experience. :confused: Any suggestions? Good or bad experience?

thank you for your help:p

“Good leverage 1:400” is an oxymoron. If you’re a new trader I suggest you not use high leverage, it will blow your account.

Oanda can’t be beat for it’s low spreads and it’s 1:50 leverage. I suggest you go with them.

What about news releasing period? I heard oanda spread during such is extremely high, like 10 pips

Most brokers are going to have higher spreads during news. If you are new to this, I would not trade news until you know how to decipher it. Trade the trend after the news…getting in and getting out in the middle of news can be difficult with some brokers…requotes, spread increase etc…

most of my trades last at least 7 hours, and during the week, news come out every single day. how do you avoid trading it?

Neither!! ACM is the only broker to own their trading software, hardly any technical problems, not even when the market is moving fast

4 PIPs for eur/usd?!?! and 2k-5k for minimum account. not good for micros

well overall spreads little better using[B] fxcm.[/B] However, I like the interface of [B]fxsolutions uk [/B]and generally they are stable in spreads not going wild during news. both are reliable with your money. i know if you deposit and withdrawal they are both smooth.

yep, i am going to register with fx sol uk. Especially now that NFA came up with the rule of opposite entry for SL for fx solution usa

I can’t emphasize strongly enough to stay away from FX Solutions. And please let everyone you know to do the same. Their practices overwhelmingly favor the broker vs. the customer. I’m not sure if requotes are common practice for Forex brokers but theirs caused me a huge margin call. If a currency is volatile and moving very rapidly, if the closing of the trade favors them, no requote occurs, however, if it might benefit the customer, a requote box comes up and gives you seconds to click the yes box. I know I wasn’t too bright for allowing myself to get in that position but their software ensures a delay enough to be potentially catastrophic. Even if it costs them a few pips - a broker should honor the point a customer chooses to close a trade because this doesn’t happen that often and they are already making the spread. This is just an extremely poor business practice !!