FX Trading Station II Update: Scheduled for 4/11

There’s a platform update scheduled this weekend for the FX Trading Station II. When you login to the platform on Sunday after trading open, the platform will automatically update. You shouldn’t need to do anything. In the rare event there is some sort of technical issue, please check fxstatus.com for updates.

With that said, most of the new features are centered around the Marketscope charting package. Here’s a preview of some of the new features to look for on Sunday:

1. Heiken Ashi and Fractals

2. ZigZag and Improved Pivot Points: For the pivot points, you can now set the candle period for the pivot independent of the chart time frame you are viewing. In other words you can base the pivot point off of the daily candle while looking at the 5 minute chart. Previously, the pivot was based off of the candle period of the chart period you were viewing. Also, the pivot point will now be located in the indicators list rather than as an icon in the icon menu at the top of the chart.

4. Chart Signals: Basic feature (for now) added to the charts. You can have a signal plotted onto the chart for basic indicator signals uses such as moving average crosses, RSI oversold/overbought levels, etc.

5. Charts in the Market Order window: View a 5 minute chart of the currency pair you are about to trade

And more which I will share on Monday…

Please feel free to post any feedback on Sunday after you’ve had some time to play around with it.

-Jason

Very exciting!

Did you get my email re: a more customizable dealing rates table maybe a week or so ago? (I know you’re busy! :wink: )

What are the odds of anything like that anytime soon?

• z

Hey Z

:o Sorry about that. I did get it, but got distracted in the shuffle (should I say avalanche) of emails.

Good suggestion with the dealing rates customization. I’ll add it to the list. In fact, I saw something in this weekends FXTSII update today that reminded me of your suggestion. When you change the chart mode to Table, the table will now display the indicator readings for the curreny pair you are viewing. If viewing a tick chart, the table would update in real time with the indicator information as each new tick appears.

Not exactly what you’re looking for, but in the right direction. Here’s the screenshot:

BTW, still in EUR/AUD and EUR/NZD, 800+ pips and I think there’s still room for more :slight_smile:

-Jason

Somehow I remember you replying to a thread and telling a user thet your trailing stop will change in the next update.

You said that FXCM will start allowing traders to set the rate at which the trailing stop moves. You must remember that IBFX will start allowing hedge trading soon and their trailing stop is very very good, yours is extremely limited. You wouldn’t want to lose traders because of a simple issue like this.

Example: A trader might want to go long at 1.3500 and set stops at 1.3450 and trailing stop at -75 pips. that means that the trader is set to lose a maximum of 50 pips but will trail the price by 75 pips after the trade moves 25pips+ positive…

Plus why did you say that it would change if you weren’t sure? Why?

You guys are trying to win me back from Oanda:D. I still have an FXCM account I may have to add some funds. Nice new features.

Hi Babynords,

Yes, I do remember this as well 301 Moved Permanently. There were plans to include it in last weekends update; however, we were unable to include it in the update. This doesn’t mean it won’t go through. Just a delay as of now. I will do my best to let you know about upcoming changes, but features included in future releases are always subject to change which is why I will include terminology such as tentative and under consideration in those types of posts. As we approach the weekend before the release, I will have a more definite list of the actual updates to go through rather than based on a month or more out. Sorry to get your hopes up.

FXCM UK already has hedging available and offers the MT4 platform with the trailing stop feature you mentioned. Looks like other brokers are playing catch-up :slight_smile:

-Jason

Good to hear! :slight_smile:

Two more (minor but helpful) things to mention about the platform update.

The charts now have a “Save Image As” option. This will let you save an image of the chart directly to your desktop as a JPEG for easy uploading for example onto your forum post. See the location in the image below:

And lastly, the indicator list is now organized by indicator type. At the top you will have the most recent indicators you have used. Then as you go down it will group indicators by moving averages, trend, trend strength, classic oscillators, etc.

Hi, Jason

The Trading Station platform updates released in April were great.

Thanks to the traders, the techs and the execs at FXCM who made all that happen!

For the future,

[ul][li]How about upgrading the PIVOT indicator so that:
[/li]

[ol]
[li]we can select intermediate pivot levels (between R1 and R2, between R2 and R3, etc.),
[/li]

[li]a price label appears on the line marking each level, and
[/li]

[li]we can select the opening and closing time for daily pivot calculations (midnight instead of 5pm, for example).
[/li][/ul]

I realize that (3) requires a fairly significant re-write of your indicator code … but, you guys are up to the challenge!

[li]How about adding a VOLUME indicator to the platform?
[/li]
I know that measuring “volume” in the forex market can be problematic — but, from what I’ve seen, the volume indicators on some other platforms (MT4, for example) work pretty well.
[/ol]

Thanks for all you do.

Hi Clint!

I’m hearing rumors that a volume measure will be available in the next version of Marketscope. I should get a better idea once we get closer to the next platform update (whenever that may be…mid-July?..more rumors). The Force Index indicator will also be a possibility at that point since it needs the volume information for the indicator calculation.

The pivot point suggestions are welcome, and I’ll get it over to the developers for consideration.

Cheers,

Jason