FX-TroubleShooter -Free EUR/USD EA

Hello Traders,

I have programmed this EA that gives quite remarkable backtest results on a 2.5 year period on the 5 min.chart of the EUR/USD. I was looking for an effect that was not so much dependend on the ever changing market cycles. I found this generic alghoritm that is based on a simple ultrashort moving average (spike) and RSI. The EA uses no other indicators.
These are the parameters for back testing :

Make sure you test with Alpari UK MT4 platform - 5 min tickdate -every tick -90% modelling quality

Startbalance : 1000$
Currencypair : EUR/USD -5 Min Chart (because of lowest spread)
Testperiod : 2004-04-30 till 2006-10-01
TP pips = 5
Stoploss = 22
Risk = 5 (Optional mm -5% per trade of accountbalance)

I have downloaded your FX TroubleShooter EA and attached it to my EUR/USD M5 chart for my Alpari UK demo account.

I have some questions for you:

The suggested settings given in your info.txt file are not the same as the default settings that come with the EA. Why?

The info.txt file mentions an input called “Trading” that does not appear in the list of inputs when the EA is attached to a chart. Need we be concerned with this?

The info.txt file does not contain suggested settings for many of the inputs that come with the EA. Are we to assume that we should leave all inputs not listed in the info.txt file set to their defaults?

Regarding the “Active Time” settings, do we need to adjust them for our particular broker’s GMT offset? For example, Alpari UK’s GMT offset is +1. For Alpari UK, would we need to change FromHourTrade to 7 and ToHourTrade to 24?

On what technical indicators is the EA based?

On average, how many trades per day or week should we expect this EA to place?

Thanks for sharing your EA here.

Hi… i have uploaded new info file in the zipfile…just take the default settings in here for EA settings. Regarding the “Active Time”… settings are not that important, unless you don’t want to trade 24/7. The EA uses only internal RSI indicator.

I would like to also demo this EA on GBP/USD, USD/CHF, and USD/JPY. Will it place trades on these pairs?

Any manual adjustments to the inputs needed for USD/JPY, since one pip for USD/JPY is .01 rather than .0001?

The attached EA has trial period and it is expired …can we have a version without time constraint?

Hi do you still have this indicator working

The EA looks promising but I will test it first before risking my money. Could you share some additional details about it here? Thanks.