FXCM Active trader price lag & slippage

[B]Please notice FXCM can see that a trader is requesting price far away from current real market price. YOU CAN SEE THAT![/B]

I contacted support before moving to forums, first they didn’t help me then I got moved to trade station 2. I got the issue here in forum to get it public.
If I was the first to face this your support would not identify it & call me to say it was a bug ( after few days)! ( that was done before getting posting).

BUT you got my name from a message. ATG manager called me & in first call asked he want to close Active trader Web live account. You can’t deny that? It was closed same day & the account under trader station 2 was move to normal spread. While I accept to send him all the informations I had to help & I did even after your move.

[B]SO SINCE I POSTED ON FORUMS you helped me by ejecting me of Active trader platform & closing account. WOW That fixed me.[/B]

BUT the problem was you won’t get this informations out. I challenge you about what I just said.

Still again Jason you are doing your PR stuff here & FXCM refusing to warn customer about an issue even minor. I raised an question about your second hidden price feed that was better. But you never replied about that.

Sorry I tried to be factuel despite having account closed & another moved to standard spread.
[B]ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS FXCM GETTING BAD PRESS[/B]

Hi Jason, after seeing FX13 posts on FF and here on BP i decided to get an active trader demo account and compare it to my trading station 2 demo account. And FX13 is 100% correct ! The prices on both platforms are delayed and way off !

How are we supposed to know what the actual market price is ? You dont offer a real time bid/ask price on your FXCM website so that we can compare.

I know you mentioned that the problem could be becuase of the traders computer and internet connection, but in my case i really doubt it. My setup is an Intel Quad Core processor with 8GB of RAM and a direct (Not wireless) 50MB broadband connection.

What do you think the problem is, is it on my side or yours ?

Dan

Jason said few had the issue & it was mainly on my side…:smiley:

Hi Dan,

Thanks for letting me know this information. Can you also let me know which version of Adobe Flashplayer you are using?

What do you think the problem is, is it on my side or yours ?

Let’s do an experiment as well (fx13 you’re welcome to participate also). Below is a screenshot I took from my computer minutes ago comparing FXTSII with the Active Trader platform.

The spreads on the active trader demo are within the spreads on the FXTSII demo since the pip mark-up is not added. Below are the username and passwords for each demo I used (the username is circled for each platform in the image for you to verify it is the actual demo I used). Can you please login to both demos on your side and post a screenshot with the rates and usernames visible, and let me know if the rates for the active trader platform are staying within the rates on FXTSII as they are occurring on my computer, or are they lagging.

[U]Active Trader[/U]
Username: X1D118641001
Password: 7528

[U]FXTSII[/U]
Username: FXR999431001
Password: 5890

EDIT… and if you could also please email me the demo username and password you are using, or post it on the forum, so I can login from my side to do the same test.

-Jason

So in 1 week after all of your posting, finally one other person is experiencing the same thing… :smiley:

How about trying the demo I posted on your computer?

That would be true & great if [U]your support was not already aware[/U] of my singularity & moved me to TS2 [B]after saying THERE IS BUG in ACTIVE TRADER WEB[/B]. Instead of that I will remind you. Your own manager told in order to get me stopping posting that he will inform customers about the issue. But it’s still not done.

Sorry Jason but I’m not taking any experiment about this as you were so kind & your first move was only to kick me out.
[B]If you wanted transparency you would kept me in.[/B]

Any way keep that PR running & have a nice week end.

If you were truly interested in trying to help solve the problem, I would assume you would be willing to troubleshoot. I’m here ready when you’re ready. A simple test would be to login to my demo to see if the rates are updating or lagging as you had experienced. Letting me know the version of Adobe Flash your computer is using would also be helpful.

You will remember that my first move was to help you last week when you messaged me via twitter…

Have a nice weekend.

-Jason

Hi Jason thanks for the reply. i will test out the active trader and trading station accounts that you posted on monday morning when the market opens.

Also i am using Adobe Flashplayer V10 ActiveX. Is this the correct version ? Also what computer specs do you recommend for FXCM’s platforms because i think my computer and internet should be powerfull enough ?

Jason,

You are not doing FXCM any help by posting this kind of crap. You try to belittle FX13 in public forums, try to blame him, try to blame his computer… now some one comes along with a power computer and a fast internet connection, and confirms FX13’s posts, now you want FX13’s help… After the way you/your company treated him for letting the public know about YOUR PLATFORMS issue? Get real, I not only would not try to help if I was FX13, but I would also never trade a single penny through any of your platforms.

Dear Jason,

The issue we are talking about was resolved by your support when they knowledged the problem & moved me to Trade station 2. I had then a slippage of 8.6 pips in non-volatil market! ( Audit proved it do you want that I post audit details?).

Also this price lag issue seem related to CPU. So it will not happen all time. BUT for example if you plug an externe disk or any USB stuff that may cause CPU spike you are killed. As lag will be there & may last for a long while. Even with a quad core station or more. Who never see CPU 100%?

Yes you tried helping me on twitter & thank you for that but you also did your best to keep this issue not public. You are not informing your customers about it. Should I remind you what you posted in FF a week ago? You said you will put a CPU minimal configuration! BUT until now you did nothing.

I posted a video in youtube showing how price lag can happen.

Now If you are so helping. Can you overload your CPU to 100% & start Active trader web & tell me if you don’t have a price lag? Can you please please do that?:smiley:

& you said a week ago:

We will also be added a list of computer and internet connection specifications required to run the active trader platform.

Where did you published these minimal requirement?

Also I raised the issue regarding different raw price feed you had on Active trader web & Trade station 2 & got not reply as this lacks transparency. There is 2 raw feeds at least & the best raw feed, FXCM is HIDDING it from customers.

Regards

Hi Jason, You forgot to answer one of my questions earlier:

How are we supposed to know what the market price is and the bid/as spread when you dont post this in real time on your website. All reputable brokers do this, why not FXCM

Hi Dan,

FXCM does have this information available on our website in multiple locations such as:

Free Forex Charts - There are 4 free web based charts for you to choose from.

FXCM Mobile Currency Rates | Exchange Rates | Mobile Rates

DailyFX - Currency Trading News, Forex Trading News, FX News, Forex News - rates located on the homepage in addition to the charts

-Jason

Hi Jason, i have tried downlaoding a new trading station demo account and the charts are still very slow at loading and is generally very slow, can you please have a look at whats going on. heres the details

GBD60103001(Ac Num)
3886 (Pass)

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

I logged in from my side. The charts load and switch between currencies and time frames in about 2 seconds, which is fairly typical. Can you let me know how long it’s taking to load on your side?

Thanks,

-Jason

FXCM
Ticket: 30584913
Trade: Long 31 XAU/USD
Open Price: 1,476.65
Open Time: 12/06/2019 13:13:07
Close Price: 1,466.97
Close Time: 12/06/2019 13:30:09
Stop Order: 1,474.90
Slippage: 793 pips
P/L:-300.08

unfair
unfair
unfair

Looks like you were trading on Friday through NFP in UK time?

If so, that is not slippage, it is fast market. It happens when trading volatile numbers - and Friday’s NFP was a mover of markets being well outside the analysts’ guestimates!

Either way, it is a poor fill from a big broker who has many LPs.

You can ask them for details and script of pricing at that time. But this is precisely the risk when doing this kind of risk trading (if that is what you were doing with this trade?).

Funny, we never seem to hear anything when such moves go in one’s favour! :joy: and it does happen from time to time, yes, with this broker, too!

Ask them for an explanation concerning your individual trade and let us know.

I’m a beginner

A beginner? and you trade that kind of position on gold ahead of NFP? And lose 300 units?

If you are a beginner, I assume you are talking demo accounts here?