FXCM Announcements

[B]Away Message[/B]

Just to let everyone know, I will be out of the office until January 2, 2013, so any questions you post for me will be answered when I return. FXCM customer support will remain open 24 hours a day except for the holiday periods mentioned previously in the holiday hours post.

Wishing you a happy holiday and a prosperous new year!

Jason

Happy New Year Jason, May I enquire, do you still run these seminars and can one attend in person or are they hosted via webinars? Thank you Jacqui

Happy New Year, Jacqui!

Yes, FXCM still offers these live in-person seminars in our London office, but they are now held on Thursday evenings. We alternate between beginner and intermediate seminars. Below is an overview of the content covered in each seminar.

[B]LIVE SEMINARS IN LONDON[/B]

[B]FX 101[/B] (for beginners)
Learn the basics of forex trading and how to get started in this exciting market. This session will teach you key forex terminology, forces that govern price action, and basic trading strategies. It is delivered using FXCM’s award-winning trading platform, providing you with first-hand experience to execute concepts discussed in the class and get you trading immediately.

[B]BUILD A STRATEGY[/B] (for intermediate traders)
If you have trading experience, enhance your skills in this session by learning more advanced technical strategies, traits of successful traders, leverage / money management principles, and automated trading how to’s.

You can click here for dates and times.

Jason

Hi Jason,

I have a question about this - could you PM me please?

Thanks,

Hi Seachart,

I tried sending you a PM, but you seem to have private messaging disabled. You can send me a PM after you enable private messaging, or you can email me at <[email protected]>.

Jason

Seachart you have only made 1 post. I dont remember how many posts you need to private message someone but there is a minimum.

There are two holidays in January that will affect CFD trading hours. Details are below. All times are in EST.

Forex will trade 24 hours a day as normal.

Just a reminder: HKG33 will be closed for trading until February 13th at 8:15pm New York time in observance of the Lunar New Year.

Here’s wishing you health and prosperity in the Year of the Snake :57:

Next Monday is President’s Day in the US. Below are the holiday trading hours for CFDs. All times are in EST. Forex will continue trading as normal.

Also worth noting is that the G20 meeting in Moscow will run through this Saturday. Recent comments from the G7 have already led to big moves in the yen this week, and more volatility is possible: Eurozone crisis live: Currency wars come to Moscow as G20 meets | Business | guardian.co.uk

An important message FXCM Micro clients out there. This weekend we are phasing out “FXCM Micro” and the website will redirect to FXCM.com. Micro lots are still available along with the $50 starting balance, it’s just that the websites are being merged.

FXCM Micro began as a special product offering designed to let new forex traders trade with 1k lot sizes and start with small $50 balances. As the offering became more popular, we lowered the minimum contract size in standard accounts as well. Now that there are no major differences between “micro” and “standard” accounts, we are merging the websites.

For “FXCM Micro” clients, there will be no changes on your end. You will keep the same account number and can continue logging in on the same platform. Your existing leverage settings and platform functionality will not change. You will gain access to new features such as access to all the standard deposit and withdrawal options, including free withdrawals back to the credit or debit card you used to fund your account. Second, you will now have access to all of the standard platform options such as MT4, Mirror Trader, and ZuluTrader. Lastly, if your account is with FXCM UK or FXCM Australia, your micro account will now have access to all CFD products compared to only gold and silver previously.

Let me know if you have any questions and have a great weekend!

Jason

Below are the CFD trading hours for Easter. Forex trading hours are as normal.

All times above are in GMT.

An new update has been released for the Trading Station Mobile platform for smartphones and tablets. New users will automatically download the latest version. Existing users can install the update at the Google Play Store for Android devices or the Apple App Store for iPad and iPhone. Go to Settings > About on the platform to confirm you have the latest version of Trading Station Mobile (Version 1.6.032913).

[B]New Features[/B]

[ul]
[li]Faster Login Procedure
[/li][li]Option to Store Multiple Usernames
[/li][li]New Account Menu
[/li][li]MyFXCM Button for Deposits and Withdrawals
[/li][li]Economic Calendar Notifications
[/li][li]Economic Calendar Filter
[/li][li]Collapsible Daily Rows in Economic Calendar
[/li][li]DFX News Notifier Indicator
[/li][li]Real Time News feed for German and French
[/li][li]Trading History Arrows
[/li][li]Ability to Save Chart Templates
[/li][li]Ability to Customize Pip Format and History Size
[/li][li]Ability to Display Calendar Event Description
[/li][li]Ability to Run Combined Account Statements
[/li][li]Ability to Resize Subchart (Oscillator Indicator) Window
[/li][li]New Chart Menu Layout
[/li][li]New Pivot Points Indicator
[/li][li]Account bar fields are now selectable
[/li][li]Additions to Chart View Settings
[/li][li]AutoScale Button for Charts
[/li][li]Ruler for Price/Candles/Pips
[/li][li]Crosshair on chart for Open, High, Low, Close
[/li][/ul]

Below are the holiday trading hours for CFDs in May. Forex trading hours are as normal.

All times above are in GMT.

Heads up! At 5pm New York time today, there will be quintuple rollover on JPY pairs due to the Golden Week holidays. That means you will earn or pay 5 days worth of rollover interest for any JPY trades that are still open at the stroke of 5pm.

You can use the DailyFX Rollover Calendar to keep up to date on when holidays will affect the rollover schedule.

[QUOTE=“Jason Rogers;484096”]Heads up! At 5pm New York time today, there will be quintuple rollover on JPY pairs due to the Golden Week holidays. That means you will earn or pay 5 days worth of rollover interest for any JPY trades that are still open at the stroke of 5pm.

You can use the DailyFX Rollover Calendar to keep up to date on when holidays will affect the rollover schedule.[/QUOTE]

Good heads up Jason…

jeez. this is insane. So i went short on the EUR/JPY that means I will be paying 5 days of interest today? My trade more than likely will not clear until the Asian trading session…

[QUOTE=“Leg0nd;484113”]jeez. this is insane. So i went short on the EUR/JPY that means I will be paying 5 days of interest today? My trade more than likely will not clear until the Asian trading session…[/QUOTE]

I went long AUDJPY as soon as I saw this… Made a cool 8 pips … Figured this would attract demand for this pair coming up to NY close.

Nice :cool: Did you collect the rollover interest as well, or did you get out before then?

[QUOTE=“Jason Rogers;485302”]

Nice :cool: Did you collect the rollover interest as well, or did you get out before then?[/QUOTE]

I exited two minutes before the rollover… Was just interest in playing the increased demand that the lure of quintuple rollover would creat in the final hour before rollover cut.

Below are the CFD trading hours for the Memorial Day holiday in the US on Monday, May 27th. Forex will continue trading 24 hours a day as normal.

[I]Times above are in GMT[/I]

I will be out of the office on Monday, May 27th for Memorial Day but will respond to any questions you post, when I return on Tuesday. FXCM’s live customer service will be open as usual on Monday. You can call us using one of our international toll-free numbers.

Jason