FXCM Announcements

Jason,

For US FXCM traders, what is the closest thing to hedging that is allowed? By hedging, i mean placing 2 trades on 1 pair, each in the opposite direction.

Thx

Hi Henry,

Iā€™m sorry to say I donā€™t have an answer for you on this question yet, but our techs are still looking into it. It certainly seems like after a certain date towards the end of last year, the MT4 platform started counting tick volume differently. Iā€™ll post an update as soon as I have more information on this.

Thanks for your patience :21:

Jason

Hi Brutus,

As an American trader, you can set up two trading accounts with FXCM US joined under the same login. You will then be able to see both accounts at the same time when you log into your Trading Station platform. You can go long in one account, when you go short in the other. Itā€™s easy to transfer funds between your two accounts online via MyFXCM.com

Jason

Thanks for the info.

Thank you Jason for following through. Look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Henry

Just a reminder that micro lot sizes for commodity and stock index CFDs are now available on FXCM live accounts

[I]Highlights of this upgrade:[/I]

• [B]Micro lot sizes[/B] (approximately 10 cents per pip) for popular CFD instruments (US 30, SPX 500, UK 100 ā€¦)

• [B]Lower Margin Requirements[/B] (UK 100 minimum margin requirement was $90, New MMR is $9)

• [B]Smaller trades sizes mean more flexibility[/B] and lower transaction costs (Spread on GER 30 lot was $2.40, but is now 24 cents)

As always, there are no re-quotes when trading with FXCM

European Summer Time begins on Sunday, March 30th which means the following changes to FXCM trading hours starting next week.

Forex trading hours remain unchanged opening on Sundays between 22:00 and 22:15 GMT and closing on Fridays at 21:55 GMT.

FXCM will be holding a free CFD & FX Boot Camp at the The Pan Pacific Perth Hotel on Monday, 24 March from 5:30 to 9 PM. We will take a look at the recent movement of Gold and the Aussie Dollar and show you how you can continue to take advantage of the opportunities created by all the action. Hereā€™s a video from last yearā€™s boot camp:

Registration is free but space is limited so reserve your seat today at FXCM.com.au

Hi All, could anyone tell me what UK time the daily candle appears on trade station for iPad ?
i take it that it also changes with us summer time and uk BST ??
regards

nelly

Hi Jason i have some questions.
Can we do hedging in FXCM UK or just in FXCM.ES?
Are you still having new york close charts for MT4?
And, the same pairs that are available for the Trading Station Desktop are also available for MT4?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Nellycopter,

The daily candles on Trading Station begin and end at 5pm New York time (10pm UK time) to correspond with the close of the New York trading session (AKA New York Close).

Hi Rhuz,

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Hedging is an option for all FXCM accounts except those in the US, because CFTC regulations prohibit hedging. New York Close charts and the same currency pairs are available as an option on all the platforms we offer including MT4. In fact, the login details for your FXCM MT4 account will also allow you to trade the account using Trading Station.

Thanks for the replay Jason.

Iā€™ve decided to go live with FXCM but i still in demo mode working out my strategy, are the demo accounts also New York Close or only the live accounts?

All FXCM Trading Station charts are set to the New York Close for both live and demo accounts. We also offer New York Close charts for both live and demo accounts as an option on the MT4 platform, but it depends on the time zone of your server. MT4 servers set to GMT+3 will display daily charts in sync with the New York Close.

To see up set an MT4 demo with New York Close charts, you must first download our MT4 platform here: http://download.fxcorporate.com/FXCM-MT4Install.exe

Then, go to File > Open an Account on your MT4 platform. When on the second page of the demo registration form, be sure to select FXCM-USDDemo01 as your server in order to get set up on the demo server with New York Close charts.

Weā€™re looking at ways to improve the online support we offer to you, but before we make any changes, weā€™d like to know more about your preferences.

[ul][li][B]Please take a moment to complete our short survey.[/B][/ul]
[/li]Your feedback from the survey will be individually read and used in our improvement plans.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Hi Henry,

I was able to determine that the increase you noticed in tick volume on Trading Station has to do with a recent change in how the platform counts it.

Previously, a new quote received by the platform would only count towards the tick volume, if the price had changed. Now, every quote received by the platform counts towards the tick volume, even if the price is the same as the previous quote.

For example, suppose the last bid price received on Trading Station for EUR/USD was 1.37843. Even if the next quote is still for 1.37843, that will count towards the tick volume now, where it wouldnā€™t have in the past. This is more in line with how other platforms count tick volume including MT4.

Thank you Jason. Understand it now. I believe it is useful for other FXCM clients to know as well.

Sorry if the question was a difficult one that took you & your colleagues longer time to find out. (But I believe your I.T. people took even longer time to make the change.)

Thx again.

European Summer Time begins on Sunday, March 30th which means the following changes to FXCM trading hours starting next week.

Forex trading hours remain unchanged opening on Sundays between 22:00 and 22:15 GMT and closing on Fridays at 21:55 GMT.

Daylight Savings Time in Australia ends on Sunday, April 6th which means new trading hours for AUS200. Below is a complete list of our CFD trading hours starting next week.

FXCM now offers offshore trading in the Chinese Yuan (CNH) for our live clients. (demo availability coming soon)

CNH is an offshore version of the Chinese Yuan introduced by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and Peopleā€™s Bank of China that allows investors outside of mainland China to gain exposure to the currency.

Itā€™s interesting to see how much the USD/CNH pair has moved in just the past 2 months!

The spread is typically between 20 and 25 pips, but you have to divide that by 6.2 to make a fair comparison with major currency pairs. Thatā€™s because the value of a pip for USD/CNH is only about 1.6 cents compared to 10 cents for EUR/USD.

That comes out to between 30 and 40 cents in spread cost for a 1k micro lot trade on USD/CNH (the minimum trade size) or $30 to $40 for a 100k standard lot.