0.03 euro
50%

EUR/CHF
0.04 euro
43%

EUR/JPY
0.04 euro
39%

I imagine everybody got these emails right ? Can someone explain ? Trading with 0.2 spread total on EUR/USD ???
Is this similar with ActiveTrader account ?
Thanks.

Hi Mihk,

We will soon be emailing all our clients this news, but you are one of the first to receive these emails. :slight_smile:

FXCM will be enhancing our NDD model to show you the actual raw spreads we receive from our liquidity providers without any markups. Instead of markups, you will pay the transparent low commissions detailed in the emails we sent you. So yes, this new model is similar to Active Trader, but now with even lower transaction costs.

For example, suppose you trade 1k (AKA 1 micro lot) EUR/USD when the spread is 0.2 pips. You would pay EUR 1.5 cents (USD 2 cents) in spread cost plus EUR 6 cents in commission round turn (EUR 3 cents when opening the trade, and EUR 3 cents when closing it). That’s a total round turn transaction cost of EUR 7.5 cents or about 1 pip.

FXCM’s new pricing model will allow traders to easily scalp the market, while providing increased execution benefits to stop and limit orders.

Attention to FXCM US Clients

FXCM US platforms will now display raw spreads and mark-ups previously included in the spread will be separately displayed as a commission*. These Super Tight Raw FX Spreads will be ideal for scalping while providing increased execution benefits to stop and limit orders.

Click here to view our live spreads.

As part of this introduction, we have also reduced client trading costs. We believe that this pricing model reflects FXCM’s core business principals, offering direct access to quotes from multiple liquidity providers with no mark-up and transparent low commissions.

1 Listed spreads and commissions will not apply to some customer accounts due to their relationship with certain intermediaries.

*In some instances, accounts for clients of certain intermediaries are subject to a markup.

That’s good news, Jason!

Here’s an article just out today from [I]Forex Magnates[/I] which adds more detail to the FXCM announcement:

Breaking: FXCM Introduces Raw Spreads for US Clients, Adopts An Agency Pricing ModelForex Magnates

Thanks for the news Jason.

I’m really liking this new commission and tighter spreads. I plan on reopening an account with FXCM.

Hi THZ,

I’m glad to hear you like our new pricing. :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the setup of your new account.

Christmas in SEPTEMBER!
I’ve been wanting to get back into scalping, and you just gave me a reason to!

Super excited for this.

Scalping season, you know it…

Best

O yes- been very active EURUSD scalping this week. With the new pricing model, I’ll be looking to seriously take advantage of that.

Coincidently this week I had lots of free time=chart time to scalp too. oooh the euphoric kick is worth more than the money.

Best

An update for all existing FXCM US clients

You should have received an email by now confirming that your account(s) will be upgraded to raw FX spreads* after trading closes this Friday, October 3rd at 5pm New York time. That means you will see this new pricing when the trading desk opens for the new week at 5pm New York time on Sunday, October 5th. Please let me know if you have any questions.

*In some instances, accounts for clients of certain intermediaries are subject to a markup.

How about FXCM UK clients?
My Active Trader spread there is higher than the “ordinary” US spread now… :slight_smile:

Hi Vaneto,

I will post more updates in this thread as I receive details about when this new pricing will become available to our clients in other regions. For now, I would advise you to speak with your Active Trader rep for more details about your account.

You can no longer make accounts at FXCM UK with $50 balance? I know FXCM had accounts with $50 minimum balance but now the minimum balance for standard accounts is $2 000 and no micro accounts.

What happens to the 50 minimum basic accounts made before FXCM decided to make 2 000 minimum balance (they will also become 2000 minimum accounts)?

And another question, those who want to make new accounts will have to mantain 2000 or this is only the minimum initial balance?

Hi Pokkerface,

Just to clarify, the $2000 minimum mentioned on our website is to open a new account, not to maintain an existing one. That means current FXCM clients with a lower account balance will be grandfathered in, so they can continue trading with us and benefit from our [B]new low pricing[/B].

Also, we make no distinction between standard, mini and micro accounts. That’s because all FXCM accounts allows our clients to place micro lot trades (10 cents per pip), mini lot trades ($1 per pip) and standard lot trades ($10 per pip). In fact, you can place even larger trades than that through FXCM as long as your account has enough margin. Our maximum order size is 50 million ($5000 per pip). Still larger positions are possible, if you break them up into blocks of 50 million.

Hello Jason,

I received an e.mail yesterday about the revised, lower FXCM spreads; is this for UK accounts too, after 24th October 2014?

Thank you

Hi PMH,

The email you received was for your non-spread betting account with FXCM UK, which as you mentioned will be upgraded to our new pricing after trading closes on Friday, October 24th. Based on our previous correspondence, I know you also have a spread betting account with us. Spread betting accounts will also benefit from FXCM’s new pricing, and you will be receiving more details on that in the near future.

We’ve received lots of feedback from traders excited to switch over, but the transition is being done region by region 1) to ensure we follow regulatory requirements for due notice to traders which vary by regulator and 2) ensure an orderly transition within our own system so as not to negatively impact our traders.

Hi Everyone,

Daylight Savings Time will end in Europe on Sunday, October 26th. That means the trading hours for CFDs that follow European market times will shift by one hour starting next week. I’ve highlighted the changes below in yellow.

Note that Daylight Savings Time does not end in the US until Sunday, November 2nd. That means I will post another update next week that will include further changes to the trading hours of CFDs that follow US market times.

Thank you, Jason!!