FXCM Charts

Hello to everyone. I’m kinda new to forex trading. I’ve been trading demo for a month.
Today I noticed something very strange. I’ve always been trading with FXCM trading station (web) and also looking for data at Freestockchart, Forexfactory,…
Today I noticed that the candlesticks plotted by FXCM don’t match up with the ones everywhere else, but the BID/ASK prices and everything else was identical. I also noticed that every new FXCM candlestick was plotted aprox 2,5 minutes after a new candlestick everywhere else. I contacted their customer support but they didn’t gave me any useful information. Could somebody help me, I don’t want to leave them since I’ve been very happy with them so far.

Thank you.

I could be wrong but it might be that the other platforms are on different server times. Depending on server time of the platform different broker charts will look slightly different. This means that it is best to only read charts that are the same server time or else you would have conflicting trade setup ideas from multiple charts.

I would suggest that you open another demo with a broker that has NY close charts like FXCM (GMT +2) if you want to compare.
Example would be FXPro and most the Australian FX brokers.

Have you tried posting on the FXCM thread on here, you may get a quicker response

@cams75 I though about that too, but then I noticed everything was exactly the same as in the past days when all charts were plotted the same.

@eddieb I did thank you :slight_smile:

Also I noticed that I was the only one with this problem, but today everything is back to normal thankfully.