Fxcm.com/

I was thinking about opening an account with fxcm.com
Though it has mediocre ratings on forex peace army site.
Should I be concerned about the ratings?

I’d take everything with a pinch of salt mate. I also hear very mixed reviews, and the fact that the live .co.uk site doesn’t offer live chat support bothers me slightly, as i feel this should be something all brokers should offer. I have never traded live with them, and maybe i will one day, but for me at the moment there are too many mixed reviews.

hello mates,

I have an account with them for quite sometime now. had a couple of minor issues which were solved to my satisfaction. Withdrew funds from the account recently without any hassles. Still have the account which is quite active.

Overall would say they are ok.

DD

Hi Fruddy,

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’m glad to hear you are considering FXCM for your trading. We take feedback from clients very seriously. That is why whenever a client expresses dissatisfaction on an online community such as you mentioned, I do my best to follow up and address their concerns. Often I find that the reason for a poor rating was due to some misunderstanding by someone who is new to our platform that can is easily addressed. Here is a recent example on this forum.

If there is ever an error on our part, FXCM will work on a solution for the client. Unfortunately, the nature of online ratings on the site you mentioned is such that it’s sometimes hard to get in touch with people after they have posted. So the rating might not get updated, even after the client’s concerns have been addressed to their satisfaction by our 24-hour customer support.

I encourage you to do your due diligence and research us along with other brokers. Since we are a publicly-traded company, there is more information available about us and our financials than the majority of forex brokers which are privately held. If you have any specific questions or concerns, I encourage you to ask me in the Broker Aid Station.

Jason