Fxcm Problem

I started a demo with FXCM over a month ago. When I want to enter the market at the current price, they make me wait. Then of course during that time the market has changed. When I make their guaranteed fill your market order they make the price 20 pips in their favor. Does anyone know of a more reliable broker that has a manual trading system? Thanks.

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear you had a problem with your demo. From what you describe, it might be solved by changing the settings you use when placing a market order, or it might be a tech issue.

Either way, I wouldn’t be able to know without more details, and I want to get you immediate help with your problem. Our live 24-hour customer support team is available to you right now. Click here to contact them via live chat, or you can call them using the toll-free number for Thailand that is listed.

Jason

Thank you, Jason, for the quick reply and the contact numbers. I will check into it. Thanks.

Anytime, Steve :slight_smile:

My apologies to FXCM. The 20 pip difference was due to my misunderstanding. Sorry.

Not a problem, Steve. I’m glad you were able to find out what happened.

Hi Jason,
I am still using the Demo account and I like it, but before I go live I would appreciate your comment or reponse to the following questions: What are the benefits of paying for a wider pip spread with FXCM as opposed to other brokers that have tigher pip spreads? Why do you have a wider pip spread? Thanks for your explanation in advance.
Steve

Hi Steve,

Great questions. The spread is one thing to consider when choosing a forex broker, in addition to execution quality, trading platform, education and resources, customer service, safety of funds, etc. FXCM is proud to offer many value-added services including free educational content and trading signals through DailyFX PLUS, 24-hour customer support, and an award-winning trading platform in addition to other options such as MT4 and Mirror Trader, etc.

FXCM receives prices from 10+ liquidity providers. The best bid/ask spread is then streamed onto FXCM’s platform with a mark-up. The mark-up is essentially a commission and acts as FXCM’s compensation. So pricing is determined by competition from our liquidity providers and not by FXCM. We have a video that goes into this as well as execution in more detail which you can view here: www.fxcm.co.uk/fxcm-forex-execution.jsp

If you’re looking for tighter spreads along with all the advantages of trading with FXCM, we have the Active Trader program which has lower spreads plus a separate commission. The overall transaction cost is designed to be about 1 pip tighter than the standard forex account. In order to qualify for active trader, you would need to have a minimum deposit of $50,000 or a notional trading volume of 10 million per month. More information on the active trader setup can be found here: www.fxcm.co.uk/active-trader.jsp.

Jason

Hi Jason,
Thank you for the explanation. I was talking with two other traders in the chat room yesterday that use FXCM and they were happy with your service.

Steve

My pleasure, Steve