FXCM Website and Web-based Platform won't open on my MAC

Dear Jason,

As of this morning, fxcm.com (not even the website) won’t launch on my MAC (I tried three different browsers) at work. I subsequently checked our office’s Firewall settings, and even switched it off, including my computer’s, to no avail. This is a bit of a disaster for me, seeing that I can’t trade on any other platform on my MAC. I also cleared my Cache, and even tried web based proxy’s (which works for the fxcm.com but won’t launch the online trader.

Some more info that might help, I tried opening forex.com and fxdd.com amongst others, they won’t launch either. Ducascopy opens, and AC-Markets as well (I’m in Switzerland). Strange. Please help!

I look forward to hearing from you

Silwer

Hi Silwer,

Are you trying to access the Trading Station web platform found at https://tsweb.fxcorporate.com ? Just from the information you posted, it’s difficult to say what may be the cause. Could you call in to tech support by phone or use the live chat feature through the website so our tech support team could help you in real time to troubleshoot?

The web based platform uses Flash, so making sure that you have the most recent version of Flash and that it is enabled in your browser would be the first thing to check.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply, my problem seems to have dissapeared, thanks again!

Hi Silwer,

I’m glad things worked out. If you ever experience a tech issue again in the future, I want to make sure you can get the fastest response. If you contact our live 24 hour support team by phone or online chat, we can get your tech issue resolved in real-time. We have toll-free numbers you can use around the world including Switzerland.

Jason

Hi Jason,

I have the same problem.
My OS 10.5.8
Safari 5.0.6
flash 10.3.183.61
no anti virus or firewall

I was able to access the platform for the first time, since then I can not log into web platform
I don’t wanna use parallels or winebottler for mt4
If possible just wanna use web based platform

you tech team bit helpless
I tried to explaining them several times, but they take me through procedures which are on you website, like empty cache open a new demo acc and so on
plus last time I got tired of explaining the guy that I am using mac os, and he kept giving me the instructions for Win, so unfair!

I would appreciate if anyone could help

thanks
vugar

Hi Vugar,

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I use Adobe Flash version 11 on my computer. It’s a PC, but I assume there must be a version 11 out for Mac now as well. Please try installing the latest version of Flash on your computer from Adobe.

If that doesn’t work, I’m happy to help you further, but I will need more details regarding your problem. What is the exact error message you get when you try loading Trading Station Web on your Mac? When was the last time you successfully logged into the platform? How old is your demo account?

Jason

thanks for the reply jason

I can’t use flash 11 on my machine as OS is 10.5.8, flash 11 will only work with 10.6 or higher OS

I get general error, saying that either it is wrong pass or user id, or firewall settings.
unfortunately I cant post a link yet, otherwise I have the screenshot of the error message

thank you.

Hi Vugar,

I just spoke with our tech guys, and they believe you should be able to install the latest version of Flash on your computer by going to Adobe.com. If that doesn’t work, another solution is to install the Google Chrome browser and use that to access Trading Station Web, instead of Safari.

Let me know if that works.

Jason

Jason,

I went to flash’s website, and it says that version im using its the latest for my os. so I couldnt download the flash11
I tried to installing the chrome, that wouldnt work neither, cos chrome is for 10.6 or later.

it is not going to be fixed I think unless I buy an the 10.6 os from app store :slight_smile: apple customer care

and fxcm too, why they dont put on their website that they software or web platform do not support old versions :wink:

anyway I have given up now

:frowning: Sorry to hear you weren’t able to install the latest version of Flash or Chrome on your computer. I did some more research on this, and it seems that since Apple stopped updating OS 10.5 in 2009, other programs like Flash, Firefox and Chrome have stopped supporting it: Mac OS X Leopard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That would explain why Trading Station Web won’t work on OS 10.5. I’ve taken your suggestion to our web developers to see if they can post system requirements on our site to let people know that OS 10.5 isn’t supported. Since you’re a Mac user, I thought I’d ask if you have an iPad or iPhone. Trading Station Mobile will work on those platforms along with Android phones and tablets: Trading Station Mobile for Mobile Forex Trading @ FXCM

Jason