Fxcm

Does anyone have any idea why the rollover rates in my new standard account (FXCM) are EXACTLY 1/10 of what they were in the practice account???

Hi Buckner,

If the rollover rates in your live account are exactly 1/10th the rollover rates in your practice account, I’m thinking your demo was a standard 10k account and your live account is a micro account.

The FX Trading Station will always display the rollover amounts and pip values for the smallest possible trade size in your account. The smallest trade size in the standard 10k account, is a mini lot of 10k. The smallest trade size in the micro account is 1k, or 1/10th the trade size in the standard account.

Here’s something we can do to check first. Take a look at the dealing rates window and check the pip value for EUR/USD. If it says 1.00, you’re trading a standard 10k account. If it says 0.10, you’re trading a micro account.

That’s my best guess based on your post. If that doesn’t help, may need to take a closer look at your account privately to see why there’s a difference.

Jason
FXCM

I’ve finally had the chance to talk to one or two FXCM techs about the above referenced rollover issues between my real account and the demo account and no one really has much of an explanation as to why the rollover rates on my STANDARD live account are 1/10 of what is on the STANDARD demo account.
To those of you that have an FXCM account, what is your experience with this, if any??
More specifically, for the EUR/USD, the rollover rates for my LIVE account are -0.03 (b) and -0.04 (s) and for the AUD/USD, the rollover rates for my LIVE account are -1.22 (b) and 0.57 (s).

For the EUR/USD, the rollover rates for my DEMO account are -0.27 (b) and -0.41 (s) and for the AUD/USD, the rollover rates for my DEMO account are -12.35 (b) and 5.56 (s).

Keep in mind these are both STANDARD accounts, where the pip value for the EUR/USD is 1.0.

Has anyone using FXCM had this issue width this rollover discrepancy?? FXCM users, what are the rollover rates that are showing in your trading platform for these two pairs. I’m trying to figure out if there is an issue with my account or whether this rollover difference between the demo and live account is normal. Any help or clarification would be appreciated.

Hi Buckner,

Your demo rollover may be reflecting 100k position size rollover even though your demo is a standard 10k demo. I can have this investigated and correct with our tech team. Please send me an email via the forum with the demo username and password and I will help with the issue.

-Jason

Hi Buckner,

Thanks for sending over the email with your demo information. Was able to check with our tech support and confirm that this is a problem affecting demo accounts. The rollover is being based off of a 100k minimum lot size rather than the 10k minimum lot size for your demo.

The problem will be corrected in a future update to the FX Trading Station II. The next update is tentatively planned for the weekend of April 10th.

-Jason

Thank you for checking into this and clearing this confusion up for me.

Hi Jason
Why a huge trasted company like fxcm does not offer binary options trading for clients
Their are many binary options traders who wish they can trade throgh a company like fxcm

Probably because binary options are a different animal than spot forex. A lot less regulation on binary options. This could lead to a lot of bad publicity and other unwanted stuff for fxcm. Also not sure if it make a difference but US law does not allow for metal trading and such on forex accounts so I would not be surprised if they didnt allow binaries as well.

I will let Jason answer this as I dont work for them.

Hi Rawand,

So far we haven’t seen much interest in binary options from our clients. It’s interesting you should mention that you know many binary options traders who wish they could trade through FXCM. Is there something you and your fellow binary options traders feel is missing from your current brokers?

Jason

[QUOTE=“Jason Rogers;483317”]

Hi Rawand,

So far we haven’t seen much interest in binary options from our clients. It’s interesting you should mention that you know many binary options traders who wish they could trade through FXCM. Is there something you and your fellow binary options traders feel is missing from your current brokers?

Jason[/QUOTE]

well, let me say the regulations
they are not regulated as well as fxcm
and we dont know if our money is in a safe place

You make a great point, Rawand. Since FXCM is a publicly-traded company, listed on the NYSE, we are required to publish regular updates regarding our financials, and these are audited by Ernst and Young.

Unfortunately, it’s hard to get similar information about the financial health of brokers that are privately-held companies. Who audits their financials, and how can traders get access to this critical information? PFG Best, which went bankrupt last year, had used a tiny accounting firm to help them hide their fraud.

[QUOTE=“Jason Rogers;485400”]

You make a great point, Rawand. Since FXCM is a publicly-traded company, listed on the NYSE, we are required to publish regular updates regarding our financials, and these are audited by Ernst and Young.

Unfortunately, it’s hard to get similar information about the financial health of brokers that are privately-held companies. Who audits their financials, and how can traders get access to this critical information? PFG Best, which went bankrupt last year, had used a tiny accounting firm to help them hide their fraud.[/QUOTE]

i know fxcm very well
but what surprises me is that a huge broker like fxcm , doesn’t provide stocks trading for their clients !!!
when you get well known company
its better for you to offer more services for customers, correct me if i am wrong
if you look at IG group
especially IG markets
they have all kind of investment products
options, binaries, stocks, indices, commodities, … .
and they have much less customers than fxcm !!!

Why not try and do a survey and ask your customers this? I am sure you all probably have as I think I remember doing a survey but cant remember if it was for you guys or not that asked this. I cant speak for others but I would think you would have more interest than you think. Now I dont think some understand there is not much leverage in other forms of trading like you have in forex. Some just wont be able to afford to trade stocks for instance. But there are some stocks that are affordable and sound investments. Its a good place to place your unused equity that just sits there.

Again I can only speak for me and I am sure you all have looked into it a time or 2 and weighed the costs of adding these other investment opportunities vs what you will honestly bring in. It might not be worth you time and effort I dont know. But it would be nice to trade metals and the emini (not that I really got into gold to much but I used to trade the emini quite a bit).

Also this might sound like a dumb question but on the tradestation plattform how can you just add another chart tab in market scope? Or do you have to open a new chart in tradestation and then it does it for you in marketscope (hope you understand the question). Maybe I just need a crash course on the plattform. Dont you all have webinars on that (I know you do but I dont remember how to find them I dont go to your website much)?

Actually, we do provide stock trading and other exchange-traded products to non-US residents through FXCM Securities. It’s important to note that when trading stocks or any other exchange-traded products, your capital is at risk.

Hi Bob,

Follow the steps below to add a new chart tab in Marketscope.

[ol]
[li]Go to File > Create Marketshot.
[/li]

[li]Select the Symbol and Period in the Create Marketshow window.
[/li]

[li]You can move your new chart by clicking and dragging the chart tab to one of the docking stations that appear in the center of each chart window.
[/li]

[/ol]

For more info on how to use the Trading Station and Marketscope charts, you can attend one of the daily software demonstrations on our website.

Jason

Thanks man

By the way your so fired for skipping my stop loss today lol

Hi Bob,

I know you said “lol”, but I didn’t understand what you meant by “skipping your stop loss”. Just want to double check with you in case you have any questions or concerns regarding the execution of a trade. Please let me know either way.

EDIT: Just saw your posts in another thread about this: 301 Moved Permanently

Please send me a PM with details on this trade, and I’ll be happy to look into it for you.

Thanks,
Jason

Your still fired :smiley:

Am I’m rehired now that the audit committee was able to review your trade? :51: