FXSol / FX AccuCharts / 4h chart?

Hi all,

I am looking to open a micro account to start playing with real money. Right now my options are pretty much FXSol and Oanda. I don’t really like Oanda’s charting. I’ve been playing with FXSol’s demo but can’t get the FX AccuCharts program to login with my demo info.

I have a few questions:

1. Are FXAccuCharts open to demo accounts, and if so how do I log in to it? It’s not accepting my demo account name & pass.

2. I’m only interested in trading 4h and higher timeframes. I’ve been trying to find out if FX AccuCharts have 4h charts. I’ve looked all over the web but all I can find is that initially they couldn’t and were “planning” on adding the feature “soon”, but I can’t find anything beyond that. I did find one person that uses “240 min” charts to simulate 4h charts… would the candles form the same or would there be shape differences doing it that way?

3. Do FXSol’s candles open based on Londom time? (GMT and GMT+1 during DST), and if not is there any way to change it?

–James

Hey James,

Have you tried contacting FXSol’s customer support? They’re probably best suited to answering your questions.

One thing I can answer from trying out accucharts a while back is that they do have 4hr charts. :slight_smile:

They do have four hour charts and you get Accucharts with a demo account. Once Accucharts is loaded on your computer you shouldn’t have to use your id and password. I just click the icon on the desktop and it starts. Customer service will be able to straighten it out for you.

I am not using it but it looks very easy to use but what worry me is about its security. Just click start are more unsecure systems as compared to other systems.

I would like to know what people think about FX Sol, anyone tried it yet? the GTS looks good and accuchart is not bad either, but how is the execution and everything else. can anyone rate FXSOL.

Thanks

Pato

I did end up going with FX Solutions and have had no complaints really. Have only had 1 or 2 cases of slippage, during some very fast moves, and 1 time where I couldn’t get my order through, not sure if that was because of the broker or my connection (it is notoriously crappy). After trying a couple times, it went through on the 3rd attempt.

Under normal market conditions I am usually filled virtually instantly or within 1-2 seconds. Again, it’s hard for me to judge performance because my connection is often unreliable.

Their platform seems fine to me … I don’t really have anything to compare to though. Their charting is decent and has everything I need (I’m more of a minimalist though). I’m sure there is better charting out their but it is definitely adequate at the least.

I gave a review on another forum and my final rating was 4/5. But keep in mind I don’t have much experience with other brokers other than demoing Oanda (hasn’t everyone?)

thank you for ur reply, I’m still very confused about them and fxcm, one things i didn’t like with fx sol:
customer support gave me some wrong technical answers about accuchart or should i say their accuchart, and i found out how to fix this technical problem from another broker, cuz i had the same problem with them as well. I applied the solution they gave me for their software to the accuchart and it worked wich is very unprofessional from fxsol.

Other than that I love their platform, I wish u can open charts and the platform in the same window like fxcm, but i even like their platform and reports more.

Again thanks for ur reply and i wish u the best.