FXSSI - Forex Sentiment Board?

Has anybody used the tools on their website? I did a search on the forum and found nothing.

They have the current ratio of traders long/short across several pairs and on several different brokers.

They also have DOM (depth of market) charts that could be very informative…

I’ve never seen this much information anywhere (for free anyway) and I wonder how reliable the information is. The site seems legit. The homepage has a bunch of news articles from other sites and a ticker with popular pairs.

I reluctantly logged in using my FB account so I could see the undelayed DOM Snapshots… I expected to be prompted to pay but so far nothing… The ad’s are a bit annoying, especially on the mobile site.

Has anybody ever heard of FXSSI, used their tools?

I haven’t used that site specifically. However, I did do some research on trading with or against retail sentiment (SSI), and came to the conclusion that trading WITH retail sentiment will lose you pips. Conversely, trading AGAINST retail sentiment will net you pips. i.e. the AUDUSD is showing 65% of positions are long, so ideally you’d want to go short.

edit: looks like the site’s Sentiment indicator is based on FXCM, although I’m not 100% certain. OANDA has something similar (Foreign Exchange Positions | OANDA Forex Open Position Ratios | OANDA), as well as Alpari (Open Forex positions – current information about open Forex positions on your site).

1 Like

That’s the idea. I came across this site from another forum after Googling a bit. I’ve been short EUR/USD all week and found that most of the planet is long at the moment. Interesting. :face_with_monocle: