Garu's journal

garuhhh happy to see u hitting some big winners. I come to this site after a long time but nice to see u doing good. however i would say patience is virtue and be disciplined all the time , u will be winner ultimately. keep up good work.

I have already made trades for July 2013, but I haven’t had the chance to post them. I will start to post them as soon as I find time to do it. Screenshots are ready, and they just need to be posted here in my journal.

Here is my trade 1 for July 2013.

There is a seeming up trend as indicated by the blue line.
take profit is green line, and stop loss is red line, entry is white line.

There seems to be signs of support at around 1.6100 so I thought prices will continue to uptrend.

Here is the 4H time frame:

But prices didn’t move up. Well it did for a while, and almost hit my take profit, but it wasn’t enough. After the rise, prices went the opposite way, then hit stop loss

I’ll need to be careful with this kind of price movements.

This trade gave me -1% of funds.

This is my trade 2 for July 2013.

There seems to be a general uptrend as indicated by the blue line.

Although the stochastics and the MACD doesn’t agree with my decision, I still went through with this trade.

A dangerous move, but prices went with me.

Although this trade hit its take profit, I should have waited a bit more . Prices dipped at the 1.2280 level, that should have been the best entry for this trade.

This trade gave me 1.2% of funds.

Here is my trade 3 for July 2013.

There seems to be a general down trend as specified by teh blue line. Stochastics is saying overbought, and MACD is showing possibility of down trend movement.

This trade hit its take profit at 1.19%.

But what’s dangerous was at 1.6600 showed a possible support again. If I saw this pair again, I could have gone for another sell. Good thing I didn’t see it. Or else I could have made a loosing trade.

Again, this trade gave me 1.19% of funds.

Here is my trade 4, a sell on AUDUSD.

There seems to be a general downtrend. My entry was at the white line, stop loss was at the red line, and green the take profit.

This trade obviously met a stop loss at the red circle. But what’s irritating was after hitting the stop loss, it continued towards the take profit.

Well I should have entered at the 0.9250 level, and set my stop loss at around 0.9350. That would have been a winning trade!

This trade gave me -0.97% of funds.

Here is my trade 5 for July, a buy on EURCHF.

This pair was a winning trade (trade 2), so I thought the up trend will continue. set an entry at the white line (blue triangle), take profit was green line, and stop loss was red line. but I entered too soon on this trade.

Even the stochastics and MACD were not agreeing with this trade!! aaaarrggghh… Now looking back, I was asking my self why I entered this trade in the first place.

Here is my trade 6, a buy on NZDJPY.

I was thinking there was a general up trend as indicated by the blue line.

I entered the trade at the blue triangle on the right. but I didn’t see the two-shoulder-head formation! and that’s a good sign for reversal.

This trade met a stop loss at 77.30, giving me -1% of funds.

I made two more trades, 7 and 8, but I forgot to take screenshots of them.

I manually closed trade 7, giving me -0.3% of funds.

Trade 8, met a stop loss, but gave me 0% of funds. As I have moved the stop loss at entry.

Here is my trade 9, a sell on GBPNZD.

There were a couple of trades in this pair which I made but decided not to put them into the journal as they were manually closed, and had minimal losses. But this was the one I was able to record on my journal.

There was a general downtrend as specified by the blue line. So I entered the trade at the white line (orange triangle). take profit is green line, stop loss is red line.

But at first I was bothered that this trade hit a stop loss, without touching the red line!! see the screenshot:

I inquired with my broker, and told me to enable the overlays: High Ask and Low Bid, to see the actual price movement. and indeed, it showed me the following graph. and it clearly shows why the stop loss as hit.

If not for that, this trade could have hit the take profit! But yeah…it met a stop loss. This trade gave me -1% of funds.

This is my trade 10, a buy on EURGBP.

There seems to be a general up trend as specified by the blue line. At the same time, the yellow line shows a general downtrend on the weekly chart. However, it is still a few pips far, so I thought doing a buy will be ok.

This trade hit its take profit, giving me a fund of 1.24%!

Here is my trade 11, a buy on GBPAUD.

A general downtrend has started, as indicated by the blue line. I entered at the white line (orange triangle), stop loss is red line, green line as take profit.

This trade hit its take profit!

This trade gave me 1.17% of funds.

Here is my trade 12, a sell on EURCAD.

There seems to be a general downtrend as specified by the blue line. Stochastics and MACD are also supporting that “guess”.

Here is a screenshot on the 4H time frame:

daily chart:

And this trade lingered for quite a while. Until I decided to manually close it, as it’s not showing a general trend anymore.

Again, I manually closed this trade, and it gave me 0.45% of funds.

The good thing is, after closing it, prices soared upwards! haha. good decision to manually close it :slight_smile:

Here is my trade 13, a sell on AUDUSD.

There seems to be a general downtrend as specified by the blue line. By the way, I use blue lines for trends drawn on the daily chart. I use yellow lines for trends drawn on the weekly chart.

Stochastics is showing overbought, so a good sign of downtrend. MACD is also showing possibility of downtrend.

daily time frame:

Then, I manually closed this trade, but I was not able to get a screenshot of it. I manually closed it because due to a correlation with an existing trade.

This trade gave me 0.08% of funds.

Here is my trade 14, a sell on EURCHF.

There seems to be a general downtrend on the daily time frame, as indicated by the blue line. Entry is the white line, stop loss is red line, take profit is green line.

Here is the 4H time frame chart:

Then, I chose to manually close this trade due to a seeming change in price direction. prices seems to be moving upward this time.

This trade gave me -0.22% of funds from the manual closing.

Here is my trade 15, a buy on CADJPY.

There seems to be a general uptrend on this trade as specified by the blue line.

So I did a buy on this trade.

Here is a chart of the daily:

Amidst all the odds on this trade it still managed to hit the take profit. Although looking at this trade again, I’m not so confident that it will even hit take profit. I put a lower risk on this trade, with a 0.5% risk.

This trade gave me 0.7% of funds. Sorry, I forgot to take a screenshot.

This is my trade 10, a buy on EURCHF.

There seems to be a start of an uptrend on this pair (Not indicated by a trend line). Well I was not so confident with this trade, because of the lower number of pips on the stop loss (22 pips) that’s why I put a lower risk on it: 0.3%

Well, it hit a take profit, and this trade gave me 0.39% of funds.

Here is my trade 17, a buy on GBPUSD.

There seems to be a general uptrend on this pair, looking at the daily chart:

But looking at the 4H time frame:

There seems to be a strong resistance at 1.5380, and prices haven’t been able to penetrate it for a while. True enough, prices moved backwards, and hit my stop loss.

Here is my trade 18, a buy on NZDCHF.

There seems to be a general uptrend as specified by the blue line in the daily time frame chart:

But looking at the 4H time frame chart:

There was a great possibility for downward retracement! And I didn’t pay attention to it.

This trade met its stop loss, and gave me a fund of -1%.

Here is my trade 19, a buy on NZDUSD.

There seems to be a general up trend on the daily chart, as specified by the blue line:

This trade was perfect. Stochastics and MACD was showing possibility of uptrend. Prices seemed to have encountered a support at 0.7960.

But…

This trade met a stop loss. It gave me -1% of funds.