Garu's journal

Here is my trade 18, a sell on USDJPY for 56 pips. I was looking at going for this trade immediately after the weekends, but only got to do it today (Monday night).

I made this trade last night, then early this morning, it got to 40 pips, and my take profit is just 56 pips (16 pips short) but I decided to close it, since I’m thinking it’s just 16 pips, and later it will still correct itself, then this 40 pips might be even reduced. So there, I closed it.

This trade gave me 0.57% of my funds.

Here is my Trade 20, a sell on EURCAD. I risked 2% on this one, but was thinking I should have just risked 1% since the seeming support seems to be weak since it is the first time it was encountered.

Currently, I’m down to -30 pips.

Here is how the 4H time frame looks like.

Oh well, I’m hoping for the best. It seems this will be the last trade for january. I’ll be posting a summary of my trades this coming days.

All the while, I had a different concept with the risk % one can take in every trade. I thought if you say 2% risk, you will only be using 2usd to trade, assuming you have 100usd. It is supposed to mean you are willing to loose 2% in every trade, if you were stopped, you will loose 2% <-- that’s what you’re willing to risk/loose. That will mean at any trade, you can use more than 2usd (assuming you only have 100usd) as long as the lost will not exceed 2% of the capital. This post made it clearer.

I have made a lot of mistakes this month. mistakes on my entries, not noticing resistances or supports, and mistake with the above mentioned topic (on % risks).

Good thing I still earned over all!

For the month of January I still made a 6% gain of my capital! Whew!! (Thank you Lord!)

See this document for a summary of my trades for January.

Here is my trade 1 for February 2013, a buy on GBPUSD. This was set as a limit buy order slightly above the resistance line (blue line). Then got triggered this afternoon.

Here is how the 4H time frame looks like.

I’m currently -54 pips.

EDIT:
After 1 week (not sure of the number of days), this trade met a stop loss. There was a downward spike, and it hit my stop loss :frowning:
This trade gave me -0.25% of funds.

This trade is a sell on NZDUSD. I set a limit sell order, but there was a sudden dip in prices, and it was triggered. Below is a 4H time frame.

Here is how it looks like in the daily time frame:

Now my fingers are crossed, hoping prices will go my way. Currently, I’m -30 pips :frowning:

EDIT:
After around 2 days, I closed this trade with 3 pips, gave me a very small amount. I decided to close because there’s too much resistance/support going on. I’m not becoming comfortable. Anyway, this trade was triggered using Limit Orders. So, there, closed.

EDIT:
I was checking for trades, and found out that if I stayed on this trade, 3 days after, my original Take Profit would have been hit! aaaarrrrrggghhh!! talk about frustration. I could have gained 1% of my funds. But anyway, no need to cry over spilled milk.

I just need to remember to stick to my trades, and not move a thing. Don’t mind what other people say, even they are not sure about the market movement.

I was waiting for this trade to happen, but when indicators are good, I learned the profit to stop to loss ratio is not greater than 1:1. So I didn’t go for this trade.

The green line is supposed to be the take profit, and the red line is supposed to be the stop loss. I’ll be sticking with my rules, so too bad for this trade :frowning:

I’m entering another trade in GBPUSD. It’s another buy. I’m risking 1% on this trade.

Here is the daily time frame chart:

Here is how the 4H time frame looks like:

My first trade this month was also a buy on this currency pair, but it got stopped because I didn’t put the stop loss further enough :frowning:
If I had put it below that resistance (where my current stop loss is), I’m still in this trade! Lesson learned.

EDIT:
after roughly 24 hours, this trade met a stop loss at -62 pips. It gave me -2%. I am not sure what happened, but last night, I think I set my risk at 1%, now my loss is at -2%. I’ll look into it.

There was a sudden spike in prices, and that caused my trade to stop. At some point, prices went with me, to the point of almost hitting take profit, but I wasn’t looking at my charts when that happened. But if I were in front of the PC during that time, I could have surely closed it.

EDIT:

It seems I made a mistake somewhere. My entry should have been 500 units only. I mistakenly put in 1200 units :frowning:
I’ll need to be doubly careful next time I put in my trades next time.

If you’re crossing your fingers it’s time to close out.

My long term bias is bullish for this pair.

thanks for the tip mastergunner, but my current loss if I cancel this trade is already half of the stop loss. I’m thinking if I let this trade, It might go closer my entry. I’ll close it then, if it comes close to my entry. Is that ok?

Sometimes I hate limit orders when things like this happens :frowning:

Here is my trade 4, a buy on EURNZD. I’m risking 1% on this one (I have made sure of this).

Here is the 4H time frame chart:

Here is the daily time frame chart:

EDIT:

After around 2 days, I moved the Take profit to 170 pips, but at around 132pips, I decided to close this trade, since I wasn’t getting too comfortable with the movement. I also moved the stop loss (on the red line in the figure below).

And guess what happened:

I was very very thankful I decided to close this trade at 132pips! This trade gave me 0.95% of my funds.

Here is my trade 5, a sell on CADJPY. 1% risk.

I have adjusted the take profit to just 75 pips, since I noticed a small resistance, and I moved it slightly above that resistance. So that makes this trade have a risk ratio of less than 1:1

After less than 24 hours, this trade met a stop loss at -84 pips giving me a fund of -0.9%. But what’s frustrating is after hitting my stop loss, it went almost close to my take profit.

Anyway, there was no way that I could have predicted prices will move that way. I have set up my preferred stop loss, and it still got hit. At least I got the trend of prices right :slight_smile:

Trade 6, a buy on GBPCAD.

EDIT:

After around 24 hours, this trade is now up to +50 pips! :smiley:

EDIT: I decided to close this trade at +50 pips last night before I sleep. It gave me +0.65% of my funds :slight_smile:

I made this trade early in the morning, but was stopped at late in the afternoon (after 4 hours? not sure).

A stopped sell on GBPAUD at -55pips, giving me a fund of -0.91%.

My mistake with this trade is that I took it without enough confirmation with the resistance I was seeing. Next time, don’t go into the trade unless candles are really showing the needed trend.

As a summary, my funds are now down to -4.38% for this month.

yes I think u sold at support, no signal was generated by ur macd or stochastic and also u see the market is making Higher Lows.we have ABCD pattern completion on daily.so bias had tilted to the long side.

I made another trade this afternoon, a sell on GBPNZD.

But after around 12 hours, it got stopped.

I think next time, I won’t trust “sudden” reversals like this. I’ll go more towards those which tested the support/resistance line for a while, then went my way. (Not sure about this concept, though. I’ll need to check this out still).

Good thing I made a mistake with the entry of this trade, as I have mistakenly set it to 0.4%, so I gained -0.41% in this trade.

Here is my trade 9, a triggered limit sell on EURGBP. Here is the 4H time frame charts:

and Here is how it looks like on the daily chart:

as I was not so sure about this trade, I put in 0.5% risk.

EDIT:
After the weekends, this trade is now 40 pips.

EDIT:
After 3 days, this trade met its stop loss at -38 pips, giving me a fund of -0.17%.

Here is my trade 10, a buy on EURAUD. 0.5% risk.

I don’t know, but I always grow scared of every trade I make. Maybe because of the series of loosing trades I made. Now I’m afraid to make my trades even to 1% risk.

EDIT:
After around 5 hours, I decided to close this trade at 52 pips because of the resistance I’m seeing. This trade earned me 0.29%.

Here is my trade 11, a buy on CADJPY. See the 4H time frame. I was seeing three green candles, showing strong upward trend, so I guessed I can still catch up with the upward trend until it encounters a seeming resistance.

Here is the daily time frame:

Here is my trade 12, a sell on GBPAUD. There is a strong downward trend. I was hoping I could catch some of it. Here is the 4H chart:

And here is the daily chart:

Although after making this trade, I saw a seeming support at 1.5150. If prices starts to get stuck in this area, I might close the trade sooner.

Here was my trade 13, a sell on AUDCAD. I decided to close it at 7 pips when I saw a retracement. It gave me a very small amount of 0.10%. This trade lasted for 10 hrs.

When my trade take profits are small like this, I get afraid of small retracements. So if I see retracements like what I’ve seen in here, I try to close the trade, as much as possible, with small earnings.