Garu's journal

Here is my trade 12 USDCHF, stochastics, trend and candles shows signs of sell. So here it goes.

EDIT:
17 January 2013, 3:40pm: this trade met a stop loss at -30 pips, giving me -0.5% of my funds :frowning:

My mistake in here was that I did not look closely at the resistance level. I did not check whether the resistance I was looking at a possibility of reversal was strong enough to cause a reversal. In the end prices went through it. One point to learning.

u are very brave to enter the market with out caring about support/resistance areas.I know u have a good understanding about stochastic and been successful recently but u know stochastic can stay OB/OS for a long time.
Iā€™m writing comments in ur general. I donā€™t know weather u like it or not. let me know if any problem plz.

Looking back at this trade, I guess I really indeed mess up. I was in a hurry to make a trade last night, and I hurriedly did this one. Now Iā€™m just hoping things will go my way :ā€™(

My trade 12 USDCHF hit its stop loss at -30pips.

Nisar was right, I need to look whether a certain resistance (or support) will be strong enough to possibly cause a reversal. In this case, the resistance I saw was the first one it encountered, so was not strong enough to cause a reversal.

And besides, I did not notice a sign of divergence between a lower low in the candles, and a higher high in the stochastics. I need to spend more time investigating the scenario next time.

Garuhh,

I think you need to take more time in researching the pair you want to invest in. Itā€™s Day 17th of January and your on trade 12 alreadyā€¦ Take some time and donā€™t just jump into a pair

I would suggest to trade daily TF only. that way u get fewer but quality set ups and less chance of being wrong. I would try to do that as well. may be some time H4 charts if I have time . otherwise i would stick to daily only.

Hi mwscircle, yeahā€¦ I think I was in such a hurry to meet my 10% monthly gain. By the way, what do I need to research about the pairs? I think youā€™re not referring to News about them, right?

I am just really new in trading (not even here for 3 months), so Iā€™ll need to get as much information as I can.

On my most recent trades, I look at the daily time frame more and more often, then to be sure, I look at the 4H for proper entry. Itā€™s just that I was so much in a hurry this past few trades trying to meet my monthly gain, that I failed to [B]be sure[/B] about my trades (thoroughly check resistance and support). [B]I promise! Iā€™ll be very very careful next time![/B] :smiley:

My trade 10 EURNZDmet a stop loss at -106pips.

I was so fixated on the weekly trend line, I didnā€™t bother to notice the nearest resistance. Lesson learned: make sure a resistance/support is at my back. Iā€™m hoping this lessons will make me a better trader next time :smiley:

EDIT:
Oh yeah, nisar and mwscircle, thanks for constantly checking on my progress. It is very much appreciated! :slight_smile:

My goal, by the way, is to achieve a 10% gain per month, while adding 200sgd per month. On my computation, if I keep those goals regularly, I can grow my funds to around 11,000sgd in 20 months. Iā€™ll be adding funds after this month, after I have really verified that I can do around 10% of gains per month.

Another goal I have is to learn scalping, earning 20 pips per trade. I have seen a friend do it effectively, and heā€™s earning higher than me. So Iā€™ll be asking his guidance on this. After I learn it, iā€™ll be applying it on my trades as well.

For this, Iā€™ll be going back to demo to learn how to do it, while keeping my long term trades on my ā€œsmallā€ live account.

Mate, do yourself a favour, master trading longer time-frames before attempting to scalp. Mwcircle and Nisar have given you some solid advice, you should take it. In addition, go back and read through the babypips school from start to finish. The information provided will improve youā€™re trading. Just my humble opinion. :wink:

Thanks for the advice bitterseatrader, though I guess I need to learn both of them at the same time. I will try to do scalping, while waiting for entry (or results) on my long term trades. At first iā€™ll try to do the scalping on demo, then if I see my self improving on it, then Iā€™ll try it on this live account.
Anyway, for this coming months, I donā€™t see myself adding much funds on this live account (currently I only have 100sgd on this live account). So while I learn, I get to have a few funds added (or taken away <-- hopefully not).

My plan might sound a bit risky for some, but I need to go through it due to the limited time and options I have. As what I mentioned, I only have 20 months to do this, 20 months to raise 10,000 (well not only using the 100sgd I currently have). I plan to add 200 per month. By doing this, I donā€™t get to risk higher amount of money while I start learning. As I accumulate experience, I hope to accumulate funds, high enough for me to reach my 10,000 goal.

Here is how I calculated that amount (well in the computation, it shows a 11,454.99 after 20 months).

Here is my trade 14, a sell on EURUSD.

Stochastics are showing overbought for a while, MACD seems to be showing a crossover, and there has been two tops on the candles. So Iā€™m hoping it will really be a downtrend.

Made this trade, 21 January at 10:30am.

This trade is going against the daily trade, so I was not supposed to risk more than 2% of my funds. But I forgot, my trade is set to default at 3%. My mistake. So instead of changing it, I just let it at 3%.
I changed the default trading volume to 1.5%, if incase I forget to change it in the future, at least itā€™s set to a low value.

EDIT:
23 January 2013: I decided to close this trade since there seems to be a resistance (pink horizontal line) that prevents prices from going down.

I closed with +31 pips, giving me 0.32% of my funds.

But immediately after closing this, I was stopped with my trade 15 USDCAD due to a sudden spike in prices at -25pips, giving me -0.27% of funds.

I forgot to put this trade in my journal, itā€™s a sell as well on NZDUSD.

My mistake on this trade (as pointed out by Nisar) is that I wasnā€™t looking at resistance levels close enough. I made this trade even if the seeming resistance was up there.

Though my reason for this trade is that candles were already showing a downtrend, stochastics have already left the overbought region, and MACD did a crossover. Iā€™m just hoping I did the right move by making this trade.

Iā€™m risking 1.5% here since Iā€™m going against the weekly up trend.

EDIT:
after roughly 7 days, this trade is still negative.

EDIT:
after 8 days, this trade met its stop loss at -45 pips, giving me a fund of -0.44%.

I really need to be very careful at trading if the trade is against an overall trend, in specific, look at possible support as these can also serve as resistances, and look for possible resistances, as these can serve as possible supports.

Hi garuhhh, again same question, did u think of support to the left,u sold @ support. isnā€™t it? same is true with nzdusd. Though S/R are meant to be broken.

Oh! I didnā€™t notice those supports on the left! Thatā€™s why maybe the trades are not giving me my pips :frowning:
Thanks Nisar for pointing them out. Iā€™ll take note of those supports next time. Thereā€™s really a lot more to learn!

u still hold the edge that prices are on the top of channel, so they drag to south.

My trade 13 NZDUSD met a stop loss at [B]-45 pips[/B], giving me[B] -0.44% [/B]of funds. Good thing I only risked 1.5% from this trade. But still, I will need to be very careful next time of resistance/support levels, as what Nisar said. Very risky indeed to make trades that are against an overall trend.

I have one ore open trade, trade 16 a buy on GBPCHF. I havenā€™t posted the trade yet in this journal, as I ran out of time yesterday. I might post it tonight.

Here is my trade 16, I made this last night. Itā€™s a buy on GBPCHF.

Looking at the daily chart, there seems to be a resistance at around 1.4700 area. Iā€™m hoping the resistance will hold. Iā€™m risking 2% on this trade since Iā€™m going against the weekly trend.

Here is a look at the 4H chart. Stochastics is showing overbought. The MACD had a crossover. Iā€™m down currently by -4 pips.

after a few hours of making this trade, it met a stop loss at -37 pips. It gave me -0.20% funds :frowning:

Here is my trade 17 buy on GBPAUD. Looking at the weekly chart, there seems to be a triangular shape forming.

Here is the Daily chart. Stochastics are saying overbought. Thereā€™s a lone candle.

Here is how the 4H chart looks like.

EDIT:
after 3 days, the trade is now up to +96 pips (it was previously 120 pips, i guess).

After this trade went up to 80+ pips, I moved SL to entry. Then it reached 100+pips, and I decided to just put a Trailing Stop at 80 pips. Iā€™m hoping it will reach its Target Profit.

after 4 days, this trade hit its Trailing Stop of 80 pips. In the end I got around 30 pips, giving me 0.3% of funds :smiley:

Last Friday I already got around 120 pips with me due to the spike in prices (highlighted in yellow below), but I was too confident I could get the 179 pips of take profit. I guess, next time I encounter a spike like this, I should already close the trade, since prices will go against that spike to seemingly stabilize things. Especially if the pips generated are substantial enough (80+ pips).

Iā€™m planning on entering a buy on GBPUSD as soon as prices goes past the resistance (in blue line).

EDIT:
after the weekends, prices went down, so this trade never happened.