GBP/JPY Equity Building Profitable trading strategies

[B]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”[/B]

Thomas Edison

This isn’t moving us much as it is above 50 which isn’t so bad :slight_smile:

The bottom is looking like it is pretty much here I have a service call.
This would be a good place to get some GJ longs :slight_smile:

[B]“It is our choices . . . that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”[/B]
J.K. Rowling

Just wanted to say that I have been reading alot of threads over the last several months and just started demo trading about 2 weeks ago. I have found this method to be the easiest and requires the least amount of time. I have only been able to trade during the day and use TP’s to lock in gains. I am not using any stop losses. To date in my FXSOL demo I have made about 1600 in the last two weeks. My only concern with going live with this is that it seems too easy. I am going to continue to demo this for a couple of months, but I will have to find a new demo account as FXSOL only gives you 30 days. Hope to have more input in the weeks, months to follow.
Go Guppy Go.

I know … everyone except rrram is having a problem getting their mindset around that … it just seems so … easy :D:eek: :cool:

my concern is that right now, on the monthly TF it’s in an uptrend so it’s pretty easy to always be right if you have a lil patience. I’m sure it will still work if it reverses in a downtrend as long as you don’t catch your loss leader too high. It may just have to be played a little bit different rather than just buy randomly and wait if it drops. Such as gettin a loss leader at 251 as you could have a few months ago. I may have missed something that said you shouldn’t just buy randomly but i don’t think it’s really been spelled out exactly where and when to buy. Now i know RRRAM says “collect interest for years and years”, but i don’t want that much margin tied up for years and years if i get a loss leader too high. Love the system but I think I may have to do some tweaking on WHEN to buy. Maybe incorporate Netwise’s OZ system or something else. Just something to think about from my end. Get what ya can when ya can! (Please don’t be offended RRRAM)

You can trade it the way I do. It still involves risk, just maybe a tiny little bit less.

Plot a 50 and 200 ema on a 15m chart. Scroll all the way out as much as MT4 will let you. (This will let you see the big picture and the 50 and 200 will always stay visible)

Start the buying when price is below 50 and 50 is below 200.

Sell all when price is back above 200.

The problem with that is that you would miss a lot of runs … like the one that may be coming soon to 214, 216 or even 217. I agree there should be a way to determine when to start the buying process … and in the case of that run up to 251, obviously you would wait for retracements and buy the bounces back up, just going for small pips as it was obvious it was ready to retrace majorly.

I have hopes that the IKH (ichimoko) may provide some clues to how to buy (or when to let go) but that is also a longer term view, and we need something that can guide us on shorter term charts. And I agree I do not want to tie up money in a multi-month hold of TMTH’s even if interest is coming in.

Now having said that, in my real account I keep experimenting … and it is not going up even a quarter as fast as my demo account where I strictly follow rrram’s rules: buy buy buy on every dip :smiley:

There may be deeper magic at work here than we are yet ready to admit :eek: :cool:

(further to below): I’m thinking maybe an in-depth analysis of the charts from the high of 251 last July to the March lows … might be what is needed to figure out how it could have been played, because within that 6000+ pip retracement there were plenty of bounces where money could have been made.
Maybe if everyone applies their favorite indicators to various timeframe charts of G-Y from July -7 to March 08, we might come up with something that will be useful in the future.

For instance, when trading stocks, I noticed that many stocks seemed to have what I called a PMA or “personal” moving average. A stock might reverse seemingly in mid-air, far from any indicator but when you found its PMA … which could be a number like 93 or 137 … otherwise meaningless … you saw that it moved along that MA almost perfectly, ignoring the more common ones like 50, 89, 100, 200 etc.

I don’t think guppy has a PMA (I’ve experimented a bit) but she may have a combo of ‘personal favorite’ indicators that we have yet to discover … and when we do, maybe we will better be able to predict her next moves. Just a thought :wink:

You could have easily made 100 pips. I missed it. I wasn’t here.

We need to get through 212.80 very badly each time it will get harder. We have bounced off that level at least 3 times recently.

It CAN BE very easy if you don’t let your ego or mind get in the way.
Use 1K lots at 10 cents a pip, my 10 year old has enough money to open an account like that but he isn’t old enough.

I busted over $700 today with 5 NJ scalps that hit TP when I was away.

All the money is my account is now 100% profits and it is building again.

The key is not too get too anxious and get too many too high.

You need trading experience. This morning before I left I noticed we were at the bottom, AND I still didn’t go long for that easy 100 pips.
You study the price movements and in no time you will start to get a feel for
how she moves, (like a large amazon beast).

If you are buying long the idea is to buy long as cheap as you can.
I do not buy UP, only down. So I would not be buying anywhere near 251.
You cannot think of this system in some futuristic fantasy. What if, what if
what if the world ends tonight nothing else will matter.

I mean to tell you I was shorting GJ from around 225 ALL the WAY up to 251
and got burned all the way up on shorts. I sure wouldn’t be going long once price hit 251 since I was shorting thinking she was tanking THOUSANDS of pips ago.

Where I miss it often is on swing trades because you have a good portion of lots at one price and if it moves against you I am not at all interested in losing money (stop loss orders). With my regular trading wethods it doesn’t matter if it moves against me.

I can assure you that the most sucess with my method does NOT include buying long anywhere randomly without regard to price. You can do this and it will not matter much of the time but sometimes it will.

Too many people feel like they are cheating or something when they do this,
because it CAN be too easy?

Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
That is the goal. When you allow continual doubt to creep in you will
strike out.

When I first started doing it, I lost a few pips because I thought it if I was taking 100% profits that my broker would come up with some story as to how I was cheating or something.

The most important thing here is Smart Margin Management,
if you get that right, it will be nearly impossible to fail.

Call it magick if you like. There are certain things at work here that perhaps
you will understand with more practice.

The only way they can beat you at this is to run you out of money.
This would mean you did NOT smartly manage your margin.
I have learned Smart Margin MAnagement the hard way,
I think it cost me 10K something. It was a very expensive lesson
and I made several critical errors which have been previously identified.
As I eliminate possible failure (broker selling all your longs at a loss) points, the possibility for failure (broker selling my longs out due to margin call due to margin MISMANGEMENT) becomes less and less.

There is still no difference between your demo account and your live account.
You have to take the leap and play with smaller lot sizes if need be.
I have been playing with dimes for almost 2 months. $700 in almost 2 months is sad but not at .10 cents a pip as that is still 7000 pips
in a VERY safe way. The Yen will not ever regin supreme. 700 pips on tandard lots is what 700K in less than 60 days?

I hope someone has benefited from what I have shared, as I have given some of the keys to the holy grail.

Lets get busy :slight_smile:
Guppy has PMS instead of PMA.

It is just not possible to accuratly predict her exact moves, because when she sees you know where she is going she wll stop and turn around and go the other way.

WhAT you need to analyze is HOW (daily ranges by day) she moves, and WHEN (first 144 minutes )

You will find certain days have larger ranges. Thursday for instance I think is the best day to trade GJ due to the widest range. The wider the range the better it is for us. I studyied all this but knowing it allows me to incorporate it into what I analyze. But I don’t trade “THAT” way anymore. I trade
WHEN forex is open, I do NOT wait for trades all week to get the right one.
I never “MISS” a trade! And then decide I should “LOSE” some money on a stop loss because I was “wrong” about the trade.

Yeah yeah yeah setups 1-2-3 blah blah blah bah.

Candlesticks…study the Doji’;s I guess alot of what I know and use I ignorantly take for granted and assume everyone knows. So it is NOT easy.
It was NOT easy. It cost me alot of money to learn whaT i NOW HAVE LEARNED AND know, EXPERIENTIALLY know. wHAT is easy is me processing it all down into a sucessful trading strategy and sharing it.

With thew principles I have shared someone not even very smart could take over the world. But then I wondered what would happen if everyone was trading like ME!?! ARE you kidding? There are so many brain seared traders out there that would laugh at you if you suggested trading without a stop loss order. But IN FACT stop loss orders have one purpose, to CAUSE you to realize your unrealized losses AKA LOSE MONEY or REALIZE your losses.
[B]I don’t recommend anyone trade without stop loss orders[/B] with out at least 3 very valid reasons in thier minds that that have thoughtfully considered. I dont want anyone to lose money. OR have to pay for lessons that once learned will last a life time. If something costs you enough, you will never forget it, even though you should forgive yourself for paying such a high price.

But there is no queston in my mind that life is a self-fullfilling prophecy and there should be no question in yours.

Time spent looking into the past to see how you could have played something
is not time well spent. That event from the past will NEVER happen again in the same way as it did. The best thing you can do is trade in the now,
even if you can only play 1 penny a pip, you have to start somewhere.

Allowing your mind to talk you into or out of what you already know to be true
should be easy to change, if you focus upon it. Listen to the voice in your head as it is telling you things about your live account. I can almost hear the dialogue going on in your head. “you can’t trade that way with real money, have you lost your mind” HAHAHA!!! IF I lost you for a while
(my mind) I would be ok. A mind is an incessant thinking thing which if left to blow in the wind, uncontrolled, will always let the air out of your sails.

HAHAHA. I think that should be one of the sayings at the bottom of the page!! Thanks RRRAM!

say…up up up into 216’s unstoppable?

Careful here the Kumo says UP UP UP.
You may want to get some swing trades here :slight_smile:

This saying is true, think about it, as funny as it may seem :))

[B]“There are two kinds of failures: Those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought.”[/B]

Laurence Peter

Scale them down from here to 212.20 212.00 and so on down into 211.00,
which it is not likely we are going to see that before 214’s.

I was just teasing about the clouds, clearly price is above the clouds
and should keep floating. But that is not my basis for saying it is going north.