GBP/JPY Equity Building Profitable trading strategies

I was think we were headed back north at 4am this morning.

We had a nice move down from about 2am and bottomed out around 3AMish about 211.20.

Looks like we couldnt get too much higher and ran out of steam before 212.
Back down around 211.50 is still a goood buy level.

GBP is still looking like it is going to gain on JPY all week, UJ has jumped back up nearing 108 and GU is down in the dump again which is driving GJ down.

I am sitting with a basket full of NJ’s long, wondering if this girl is too slow for me.

211.50 is shaping up as a significant level of support here above 210.67. There’s a rare, complete unanimity between the different charts I use here.

Ichimoku slapped that move into the kumo (cloud) to 211.20 back to the top of the cloud @ 211.46, but no higher. There’s some weak bearish signs here, but we’re still in a neutral-bullish zone relative to the cloud, so nothing to act on from IKH. Price did just close down inside the kumo, however - the bottom of which is at 210.70. If price closes outside the bottom of the kumo, back to the 209s.

The 50% fib fan (third red line from top) also feel @ 211.46, and (as you might’ve guessed) likewise snapped the rate back to just above there. Price did just close inside that line, but has since moved below. Projections are the same as the IKH chart.

Finally, the 144 (211.49) and 169 (211.29) EMAs on the hourly (you’ll recognize this as the Vegas price tunnel) are providing support in the same area mentioned.

The bears have been battering away at this 211.20-211.50 region for four hours, but to no avail thus far. Conventional technical wisdom says that line becomes stronger with each successive touch; but then, we’re dealing in probability.

Stops are set and I’m off. :slight_smile:

what timeframe is this IKH? I am not seeing those numbers … you can also answer in the IKH thread if it is a bit off topic here.

rrram- just came across your thread. Thanks for your contributions! I’m following with some great interests dude. Keep up the good work!

-PS

All the girls are slow right now. I have a basket full of g/j.

I wanted to short the euro last night and didn’t. I wanted all my capital for my g/j longs and didn’t want to get married into the euro. You know that is the trait of the euro girl. She teases you into a swing trade and then won’t let you go. She will look hot when you make the date and then you will spend a week waking up to her in a moo moo and curlers.

Now I wish I took the short. Oh well… would of, should of, could of…:smiley:

And I am finding NJ and GJ travel almost exactly the same. They have the same highs and lows to the minute as each other.

In fact I am finding now that GJ is a leading indicator for the slower NJ. NJ moves so slowly it is boring as heck, But since I am relegated to training a new tech, which will end soon I am out of the office usually lately.

I got some made thousands of checks coming in and can’t wait to get some dolalrs back into GJ, but for now NJ is much safer and I am assured of DOUBLING my margin used to secure my NJ lots in 21 days exactly.

It is noteworthy that I am trading my FXSOL account now with 100% profits so it is like starting over again with just under $700. SO in an effort to be extra safe while I am away from the terminal that I invest in NJ until I can get back to my terminal full time.

I caN ASSURE everyone that trading while you are away without stop losses in place is a chANCE for disaster. I am however easily maintaining a 5% or less margin useage so far on my 16 1K NJ lotsw drawn on my about $700, 100% profit account. All my monies have been removed.

And not that this will make me feel any better if I bow my account account again EVER. I actually hate giving back profits MORE than I hate losing money. But these days it has been many months since I lost any real money in forex. Forex isn’t feeding me anymore, not at 1000 pips a week average at 10 cents a pip.

But I will when I get some time (maybe from a vacation!) to trade with some fat money and take some ignorant big boys money.

I am so glad fxsol is a sponsor here :slight_smile: That way I can share my experience with them here without having to worry about getting banned. Right?

I think those tyrants at the french fry farm would ban you if you said something good about a broker and they werent one of thier sponsors.

FXSOL is thus far the best broker I have ever used and I have used many.
What sets them apart is their intuitive trading platform. I get my orders filled virtually 100% of the time. The withdrawl checks are VERY speedy. 3 days or less from New Jersey to Virginia is excellent.

[B]“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that don’t work.”[/B]
Thomas Edison

[B]“Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think.”[/B]

Benjamin Disraeli

GJ did regain 212.00 but closed just below that at 430 and while it held above 212.00 for a bit after that, it is now struggling to hold itself above 212.00

Another hour or so and the asians will come offering yen :slight_smile:

I just closed all of my longs at profit. (with +swap:) )

Price seems neutral to me now and I have a clear board.

All other pairs aren’t giving me any reason to put orders in either.

So I guess it will be beer on the back porch tonight. Maybe this market will wake up this week. Lots of good stuff on the way.

Weird and slow last week.

Last week I would put orders in on g/j during the Asian and wake up the next morning with price just + or - 18 to 20 pips past my order.

I hope we will start getting some drastic overbought or oversold conditions soon.

I don’t know what to do when price just seems to be at a fair price. Placing an order is a crap shoot.

Soon we should be bouncing through 213.00

Hey Elijah…you are up late…

Staying up for the duration here in California…looks like some nice movement here.

Todd

Heerrreee we go :slight_smile:

Demo account now at $676k, that is up 176k in under 3 weeks. (sigh…)

This is the first time I was playing real acct like the demo … putting on multiple positions (up to 12 in all), taking rolling profits and watching it go down while I was afraid I had TMTH (5 positions over 212.80 :eek:)

But … she do come through in the end, doesn’t she? Amazing. Rrram’s faith is all pervasive…
I’m closing my TMTH longs at b/e or tiny profits, but will let 3 I have from the lower 211’s ride as long as she wants to carry them. :slight_smile:

Thanks rrram …

I cant take this waiting day in and dayout.

GJ jumped up from yesterday mornings low around 211.20 and she almost hit 213 this morning. Now that is the girl for me!

This NJ girl is yielding nothing but fat interest and she is moving like she has no legs.

I try not to get up at 3am normally Ilike to wait until 4am or 430 is ideal frankfurt & london overlapping for some fast action.

I actually had to get a few more winks and was able to sleep in to 530 this morning.

I must get some more $ in my account I think. I don’t think I can play this 100% profit as I need to start making some real money instead of just gas money in forex.

I am learning pateince from NJ I think. Good thing she doesn’t have short shorts on or you bet I would be pushing her UP UP UP as I am tired of her dragging her feet.

Well I feel for the cute skinny girl that turned out to be slow and almost legless.

I should have stayed with the fatter and faster and more faithful and wild woman with deep amazon roots.

WOW that was tMTH. I should have bought some at 212 at least but I have 5% margin used up on 17 NJ’s. Scalping them for 1-10 pips is all I can get going this week as I am not sitting ehre watching this slow NJ girl.

The lesson here is clear. LIVE AND DEMO Accounts work the same way.
You need to start trading your demo account WHILE pretending it is a live account or trade the delo account as if it was a live account.

What is normal is that once one goes from demo to live their EGO plays with them and tells them all sorts of negative untrue BS.

You sure could help alot of folks with 176K in 3 weeks. And depsite what anyone in this world thinks. Helping others is what will fullfill you and cause all your dreams to come true.

Zig Ziglar once said:
You can get anything you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.

I bought a 4x4 400CC Suzuki for the farm, I’ve also got my eye on a 50K GMC YUKON HYbrid, but I have too many trucks already.
And isn’t that insane? Spending 50K so you can save some money on gas?
I said last year I don’t care if gas goes to $5 a galllon, it wont affect me.
It hasn’t yet but in a way it is very disturbing, as I fly around the rural roads like speed racer burning massive gas.

Pearl is due any day now and the baby will be for sale as I have both parents.
I am looking for the lucky person who will buy our first alpaca.
I put some littel girls up for sale for 60K each. I don’t want to sell these girls can you tell? But if someone comes with their 60K, I guess I have to sell.
The genetics is superior in Maggie and Angel.

Now would be the time to get a loss leader around 212.00 I would say and going down every 10 or 20 into 211.20. But it is unlikely we will see 211.20 before we see 211.90 again.

Well, this is the fifth day out of the last eight ~212.80 has been encountered and retreated from.

The FOMC is meeting today and tomorrow, so things will probably remain slow. But, with the early morning swing high I see a symmetrical triangle forming (beginning June 19), located within a larger symmetrical triangle. My shorts were closed yesterday just near the 211.50 congestion zone, but I remain flat at the moment. Clearly strength remains with the up-trend, but as I said before, this up-trend appears to be weakening (from June 16); or at least in a temporary lull. Guppy might be taking a breather before movement above 213.20, but perhaps not. My sentiment is neutral-bullish at the moment, but I am watchful for a break either way.

Although it looks more likely that GU will continue to break down.
I am counting on it continueing higher based on some butterfly in my head.

The GU daily pattern to me is screaming recovery back into the 2.00’s and higher later. The GJ on the daily looks to be retracing down, but I don’t expect a low below 211.00. 211.00 would be an ideal place to get too many if it gets that low. There is no reason to think she can’t quickly and easily spring up to 214.50/60 in a hurry. BUt as previously identified that number will be a huge hurdle.

I think UJ is holding onto 107.80 pretty well, which should hold up all the crosses for now, but the longer it lingers there around that price, I think the weaker that support level becomes.

We need a push higher soon so we can continue on up another leg into 214’s