GBP/JPY: Winning Strategies

What do I do now? Stay short, adding lots on each retrace with a reversal formation until it reaches 178 or close.
I wont go long until my inner TL is broken and it retrace test that inner TL and creates a higher high(that will confirm a reversal in my book) on the 4H. Also if the market reaches my outer TL and creates a valid reversal I will be be short again until it breaks the outer TL. I hope you follow.
This can take days/weeks to form on the 4H so until then I will be riding the trend on some other pair. I trade 22 pairs so another chart should be lighting up within that span.

I think you are being way too stubborn now TRO, whats hard in posting thumbnails? You must be doing this on purpose because iā€™m sure you can read.

So people just want to make things a problem.

If the inside bar holds, we may see upside to resistance which would be PREVIOUS SUPPORT.

I appreciate charts that are large enough to be clear, unpixellated and require no eye strain to decipher what is going on in them. Yours fit the bill, so thank you for that, TRO. Attaching them as thumbnails, though, as others have requested is preferable to embedding them in the post because the dimensions of the charts do make them disruptive.

I think weā€™re good here. Weā€™ll all try to treat one another with respect and not let pettiness cause us to quibble over nonsense or non-essentials when we could focus on trading instead.

Iā€™ve been trading one instrument or another for quite a few years now, but Iā€™m eager to learn where there is valuable information on offer, and I think everyone has something to contribute for others to take away. Anyone who trades on their own knows camaraderie and interaction with other traders is very important: to keep from climbing the walls, but also because iron sharpens iron.

Ok, Andrew, ā€œ[I]When in Romeā€¦[/I]ā€

This is all very instructive. The INTERNET is the INFORMATION HIGHWAY. Supposedly, for the FREE EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION around the world. We all know that CHINA restricts access to information and we wag our fingers at them yet at the same time people here want to restrict information in ā€œtheirā€ threads and ā€œforumsā€. HYPOCRISY!!

ā€œCONFORM OR BE BANISHEDā€ thatā€™s how CULTS do it.

What have I stumbled upon here?

Wow, she is acting so weak here ā€¦ I still think there will be one more attempt to rally above 200.25 which has lasted all morning. Yest low was 200.45, if she makes it that far, I will get short, one position only & see what happens tonight and tomorrowā€¦

I see a double bottom on H1.

OK, she made it to yest low ā€¦ Iā€™m taking one small short here, probably early. Next stop 201+ and I donā€™t see her getting there with this weakness, but Iā€™ve been wrong before :smiley:

Doesnā€™t a DOUBLE BOTTOM usually imply a bounce to the upside?

Donā€™t the SHORTS need to start covering to avoid paying interest?

Yes, but being at a 200 level during off hours could just signify a few tests before a crash down?

I will be watching for any signs of a breakdown.

She may try to form another descending triangle. If she does, the triangle should complete by Monday. If the triangle does form, I will be loading up on the short side.

Thereā€™s some long term support on the chart.

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

But you have to admit a 70 pip bounce isnā€™t anything to sneeze at.

Youā€™ve got a talent for the prophetic, it seems. :smiley: On the pattern, if not the timeline.

See the attachedā€¦

And an hour later, the descending triangle continues to play outā€¦ The question is: will Asia take this below 200 with a move that has some staying power? Stayed tuned for detailsā€¦

Looks like the triangle has come to almost a finish and itā€™s still Thursday.

I went ahead and put a short order on in case Friday morning London goes crazy.

Itā€™s critical hereā€¦

will support hold?

Nothing like a breakout from a well-delineated pattern. :smiley:

199.80 breached. Cautiously optimistic for a move lower to ~199.20; but what kind of follow-through we get on the 200 break is yet to be determined.

A couple of scaled-in tack on positions TPā€™ed on that move.

There is .33 speed line support (referred to in a post from earlier today) @ 199.63 - a break there means a dive to ~199.20 in short order probably. Letā€™s see what the end-of-hour chop session has in storeā€¦

Donā€™t forget the symmetrical triangle playing out on USD/JPY.