GBP/JPY: Winning Strategies

Signals from my system. I only enter after retracements, my system is a mixture of SMAs, Fibs, TL, A,B,C,D Patterns, Candlestick Formations with a custom indicator that gives entries.

Hey 4xstar,
Post #99 made by cadarkitek, the first thumbnail. That is the giant H&S I was talking about a few days ago.:slight_smile:

Whats H&S?

Head and Shoulders.:slight_smile:

yea on the weekly, that was a major reversal pattern, I call it "Kings Crown "

hey 4xstar if you truly want to emulate tess and jocelyn, they never use patterns such as head and shoulders. Just thought you should know. The one time tess put a h&s chart up everybody busted her stones. She is pure price action and fundamentals. I think the theme over there is basically as long as you have s/r lines and following price than whatever you are comfotrable for a trigger use, for example candle patterns or inside bars.

Also I wanted to say I enjoy your thread ive been working so much it is hard for me to participate in trading sessions but I always keep up.

mytwopips holly sh… you look younger than I would have thought. right on

i hope everybody is making a killing in pippage :slight_smile:

4Star is this the only pair you trade?

mytwopips holly sh… you look younger than I would have thought. right on

The pic is about 4 yrs old.

Now I have added about 70 pounds to the gut, 45 pounds to the a$$, and all hair on top has moved to other places that are not so desirable.:smiley:

Now I have added about 70 pounds to the gut, 45 pounds to the a$$, and all hair on top has moved to other places that are not so desirable

LOL!!! wow thats funny!!! Theres a reason i dnt post my pic hehehehehe!!!

That’s exactly right - no “squiggly line” proponents represented (unsurprisingly) on the thread really, but the general approach conveyed allows for a lot of diversity when it comes to just why entries and exits are taken. Developing templates that work - mostly around price action - and then executing on them is the primary theme. On that point, though, chart patterns such as H&S would fit right in!

On that point, though, chart patterns such as H&S would fit right in!

I completly agree. Ive learned some basic pattterns and personally I recognize there value. james inside bar, tymen’s evening star, of ocurse the head and shoulders, double tops ets…

To me the more you know the more you can guage the market’s pulse.

btw i really look foward to your post too they are incredibly informative.

No, it is the one I am trying to master :wink: I also trade euro (short only) GU, G-Swissy (mostly as a short), UJ, more rarely the E-J, A-J, and very rarely the Swissy.

Well never say never :smiley:

Although I’m sure they are experts in every kind of chart pattern and every known indicator, having grown up in a market ambiance … what they offer that was so valuable to me is by stripping the chart bare of everything except candles and your own s/r levels, you are left staring at price alone.

Sometimes it is too easy to miss the forest by examining in detail every individual tree … what they reminded me is, especially in forex, what rules is price.

Like when the guppy turned so abruptly today … nothing presaged that event. One minute she was barreling south, the next she was like on a rocket to the north.

Ours is not to reason why, we must follow price … or … fry (our accounts) :eek:

I seem to recall reading that somewhere…Alfred Lord Pippyson? :smiley:

Very smart. Knowing your way responsibly around an array of setups can only help you by providing more and higher quality opportunities.

Thanks for the compliment - glad to be of any help. :slight_smile:

Another rising wedge?

Hammer on the 0945 ET candle (this is 15M), but the follow-through hasn’t been impressive. If very many people take an interest, would could see a renewed break to the downside. In the meantime we could see a move back to 206. Remember rising wedges aren’t especially reliable for foreshadowing downside breaks, but it is wise to sit up and take notice in case things go off by the book. You can readily see where the trigger point is for taking a short - or a long, but that would be an unusual scenario.

H&S emerging? Left shoulder at ~0430 ET (review above chart), head @ ~0645, and now the right shoulder? If this rise crests @ 205.30 or below and then goes back to the lower ascending trendline of the wedge, look for a neckline break.

Well, nevermind about the H&S. :wink: But the rising wedge is still playing out - we’ll see what happens if we have a break around ~205.09.

Yes I saw the rising wedge on the 15’, did not see a real H&S but then you retracted that … when you post, try to remember to mention your timeframe so we can follow :slight_smile:

She has broken 205 … again …but I still do not see conviction and it is late in the day as well. Wish she could get back up to 207-209, and then set up as a real short!

There was a shoulder, then a head, but when price closed above the left shoulder after the trough that followed the head, that invalidated the pattern.

Sorry I forgot to mention 15M in the text there - I did refer to the “above chart” where I indicated it was 15M, though. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll try to do better! :smiley:

The close did occur below 205.09, and now we’re seeing 204.80s - looking for a close below the 0945 ET (15M again - been in a mood to watch this chart primarily today for whatever reason) @ 204.84 on the 1500 ET 15M candle. I mentioned over on the other thread that I doubt if there will be sufficient momentum to carry this far as NY closes out the afternoon; but, the wedge has broken, a technical marker that ought to extend into Tokyo. I’ve been short from 205.30, though, so I’m enjoying what the market will give.

And just an FYI, for the sake of continuity I’m going to limit posting of any commentary I write to this thread from now on. :slight_smile: