GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

I’ll be looking to go long if price comes down towards 2.4000.

I’m long at 2.4051

I’m long at 2.4247.

Constantly on the wrong side of this pair.

The way this pair moves, it can turn in your favor just as easily as it can turn against you.

For the last month, it has averaged a daily range of 300 pips (except for yesterday that had an incredible 1760 pip range).

I noticed that the price has ranged for 460 pips since yesterday’s New York close and it was near the low. Plus it was approaching the support at 2.4000 so it seemed like a good time to buy.

Good luck to you.

[QUOTE=“yohec;718891”] The way this pair moves, it can turn in your favor just as easily as it can turn against you. For the last month, it has averaged a daily range of 300 pips (except for yesterday that had an incredible 1760 pip range). I noticed that the price has ranged for 460 pips since yesterday’s New York close and it was near the low. Plus it was approaching the support at 2.4000 so it seemed like a good time to buy. Good luck to you.[/QUOTE]

Good luck to you too.

I’m holding on to it, with a stoploss a lunatic would cringe at.

I’m also long at 1.5692 on gbpusd, which feels better.

Shy.

I’m looking to join you long at 2.3960 I might miss the boat but if I do then happy sailing guys and enjoy the pips

[QUOTE=“UKkev;718894”]I’m looking to join you long at 2.3960 I might miss the boat but if I do then happy sailing guys and enjoy the pips[/QUOTE]

I hope you’ve missed the boat, otherwise I’m having a nightmare!.

:wink:

[QUOTE=“Shyfx;718900”] I hope you’ve missed the boat, otherwise I’m having a nightmare!. ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL

I also have another buy order at 2.3950. But I hope the order does not trigger.

Long at 2.4084

Since I’m over 100 pips in profit, I’m setting a SL at 2.4081 for +30 pips.

I would hate to be over 100 pips in profit and walking away without a little something. If I get stopped, I may look to reenter long at a lower price.

As expected, volatility today is indeed quite low, following yesterday’s mayhem…

GBP/NZD floundered down toward 2.40, but in a very unremarkable way, and is a little stuck…

Perhaps the trade balance data tonight may do something to shift it, although I doubt it…

Keep an open mind, as always, and

keep the faith :slight_smile:

Been pretty under the weather latly, SO WHAT I MISS LOL

This pair just made a nice move up. You are back to break even.

[QUOTE=“PipMeHappy;718560”]Today sees the fifth attempt in twenty-eight trading days at breaking the 2.40 ceiling; however, we are only fourteen trading days from the next RBNZ rate decision, so a break of this level (and out of a wedge/triangle pattern) may be premature…[/QUOTE]

Hey pip,

The last time you said we may not see a big move it took the roof off not long after so on that basis I’ll be watching my long gbp nzd trades closely and with fingers crossed!!.

[QUOTE=“yohec;718926”] This pair just made a nice move up. You are back to break even.[/QUOTE]

Hovering just under, if It can get it into profit with a little room I’ll move my stop to just on profit.

Looks like your trade is going well,

Good job.

I know, I almost posted this…

Well, I suppose we can never predict panic reactions like those… All we can do is have a functional

approach where we just follow our analysis… some day the markets will throw something crazy at

us, and we must be very skilled at not getting hurt, slashed, burnt and even killed by it!

:slight_smile:

Very much so, it’s all about protecting your seed (capital) to allow you to earn…

…And not just in the trading world, as in 2012, and with a heavy heart this will be my last trade for a while, or at least my last sizeable trade that contributes to my income, as I need to withdraw 95% of my balance to invest in my day to day business.

I will keep a small amount in the live account and aim to add a small percentage per week to keep my hand in.

…there are signs that Kiwi selling is temporarily exhausted, as you can see from this NZD/USD daily chart:

The selling volume today was HIGHER THAN yesterday’s, and yet if you look at today’s candle (almost a perfect doji), it shows no correlation of cause and effect - a big volume and a tiny-bodied candle - meaning that it is not a good time to sell…

This accounts for the small movement in GBP/NZD, and we will have to see what tonight/tomorrow will bring.

Good luck to us all (I am long).

Cool! What is your business?

[QUOTE=“PipMeHappy;718936”] Cool! What is your business?[/QUOTE]

property design and build, and bespoke interior manufacture.