GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

Ouch…

SOrry to hear that!!

Maybe you should wait for the BoE rate decision (tomorrow) and/or the RBNZ one (23rd July) , or even the
BoE minutes (22nd July) before deciding what is going on… and then there is also Greece…

THere may well be more attractive pairs… who knows…

Good luck!!

PS: just for reference…

http://www.dailyfx.com/calendar/bank-calendar.html

This is the 2015 diary of all scheduled Central Bank releases

for the major economies (Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, etc.)…

Good evening, traders… I am about done for the day and will be going on holiday for the next twelve days, so no Forextown for me until I am back…

Speaking of the GBP/NZD, it looked like it may spring back, but after a non-event for the BoE rate decision (=hold), there was no pick-up for Sterling and GBP/NZD dropped another hundred pips, to 2.27… The pair has shaved off about 800 pips this week, after spending twelve weeks(!) in continuous appreciation, rising about 4,200 pips!!

Let us take things into perspective: in one week, the pair has lost about 1/5th of what it had gained in twelve weeks! On the
other hand, for a pair that has averaged 300 pips per day, this is normal… What we should do is to halt any buying for now, and wait for price to regain footing for its next leg up… we can all agree that price never rises in a straight line!

Happy trading!

Seems to be back on the up again, time to dip my toe back in, methinks.
Long at 2.2931

Yes, it has gone up four hundred pips since yesterday… Approach with caution!!

Profit locked in

Stop hit at 2.3100 for almost 170 pips

Well done, EddieB!

Good morning, traders!

Disappointing UK jobs data flushed the Pound pairs

and GBP/NZD was no different, dropping about eighty

pips…

However, the drop occurred at around 2.34, which

means that it has recovered recent losses.

I closed a buy trade on my demo account just under

the 2.34 level, minutes before the UK data release,

and bagged 109 pips… I will not go long this pair

on my live account until the 2.34 has been secured

by a reasonable margin…

Anyone else trading the Kiwi?

Remember that tonight there is NZD CPI data

coming out, and that Syriza is meant to lead the

Greek parliamentarians to vote the new austerity

measures in: at the moment, GBP/NZD is the fastest

mover, with NZD/USD creeping feebly downward and

NZD/JPY resisting further losses (this Yen cross is

very much responding to the temporary risk-positive

move that came from the Greece agreement at the

weekend, which saw the S&P500 bounce back to

the 21,000 level)…,

What a pair!!

Im not in at the moment but keeping an eye on it, just a bit worried at this level

Hey PipMeHappy,

It seems you have some good knowledge on this pair, I was wondering how are you going to approach this pair with the RBNZ rate/statement coming next week?

It looks like there is a good chance to get some big profits coming in so I’m preparing for it now

Well, having won all those pips on demo, I went long on the live account and just closed with about 78 pips in profit… The pair has currently secured both the 2.34 and 2.35 levels, and is just above 2.36…

For the RBNZ statement, I would either not trade or prepare entry orders either side of current price before the news…

Just got in at 2.36700, 50 pips up in 2 minutes with sl in place

My sob story, I had a pending order for just above doch channel. I usually trade .20 to .30 lots.
So I check my charts and I see all those pip ,I go look at profit its 8. whaterever, im like what the heck I didnt change the volume and its was set 1000k. wish I can blame it on rookie mistake but I cant.
I think I need to be ridiculed to get over it lol
ugh

3xfx, we all make mistakes. A couple of weeks ago I clicked Buy instead of Sell…a very tetchy few minutes waiting for a reversal so I could get out

Hope it worked out for u and u didnt get too hurt.

Wow it just broke the 2.37 mark, had my short set @ 2.34

No, I got out with 2 or 3 pips profit luckily

Good glad to here that ed.

John,

Hello traders…

I managed to squeeze another fifty pips out of this pair just leading into the (disappointing) NZ CPI data release less than half an hour ago, and closed it quickly just before it bounced off the 2.38 level…the perfect trade, one might say…