GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

It truly is a work of beauty!!

Well done - that must be worth a few of your funny Scottish pounds?! :cool:

Ah, Lexy!!

Well, you wait and see until the Bank of England’s rate decision tomorrow!!!

I imagine that a BoE rate hike would seriously boost the GBP…

Now that would be a surprise!
I think the best we can hope for is some positive noises and a 6-3 or 7-2 vote in favour of the status quo

Economists only expect one MOpC voter in favour of a hike, so even what you mentioned would be a boost…

Agree, but they are only guessing just like the rest of us.
On a lighter note, thought you might like this

Let us see if the BoE can make me some English money, to add to my Scottish one :))

Happy trading, Lexy!

Priceless :))

With such little reaction from the UK bad news yesterday, the cynic in me feels if the vote remains the same that we will see a plunge on gpb across the board.

Selling snow

Indeed, UK-Kev, and you are not alone to think that:

https://beta.dailyfx.com/forex/fundamental/daily_briefing/session_briefing/euro_open/2015/09/10/Pound-May-Fall-if-Hawkish-Bank-of-England-Minority-Does-Not-Grow.html?CMP=SFS-70160000000NbTwAAK

Hello traders!

I just noticed (on the daily chart of GBP/NZD) the following:

A) the 2.40 level was resistance for 27 trading days;

B) the 2.45 level has now been res. for 14 trading days.

It appears that 2.45 could be the next strong barrier above 2.40; a failure of BoE raising its rate rise bets today could compromise the pair’s hawkish run from last night.

It seems that the majority are looking to short GBP at the rate decision. could be a possible short squeeze with the combo of that and the way it’s been setting up the past couple of days. A B.O.S trade potentially lol

Short squeeze on GBP in general i meant not just NZD

You may be right, 2.45 area looks like a reasonable resistance area. Now it needs to reestablish a support level if it is to remain range bound.

So much for the resistance at 2.45. It went past 2.46 fairly easily. Let’s see how high it can go.

Well, I admit that I wasn’t exactly awaiting it with bated breath: for me it was a question of whether the voting scoreline for no increase changed from its previous 8-1 to 7-2, but it didn’t: still 8-1 (own-goal in extra time, doubtless?). :15:

Would you look at this? BoE held rates, but GBP/NZD is pushing for 2.46… I suspect this has more to do with the falling NZD from last night :slight_smile:

I suspect it might be a squeeze before the bears attack the gbp soon

How right you are, Lexy!!!

According to DailyFX, Pound net-long open interest is falling… The bears may be moving in…

Well, the positive NZ PMI we had a few minutes ago was enough to trigger a fall of about 100pips, breaking back below 2.45…