GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

I took a small short at 2.4465 hoping it might move down from the high posted on the 4hr candle after the black monday high

I am reluctant to trade this pair because the spread is very high. I am using FXCM, and currently, the spread on BUY is 7 pips. The other day, it was at 30! Are you guys having the same experience? Unfortunately, I am limited to choosing brokers because I am a US citizen, and most brokers wonā€™t accept me because of that.

I can be up to 10 pips with tripleA but the volatility makes it worthwhile for now

I strongly considered taking a short as well. The upcoming rate decision scared me off since it could move the pair several hundred pips in a short time. I didnā€™t want to risk my recent hard earned pips on a gamble.

You can do what you want with this advice, but I have learned it the hard way: Never trade against a strong trend.

Out at 2.435 Just using the evening retrace

Nice trade. Your entry and exit points were perfect.

Not quite perfect but this pair is playing out a nice retrace on most quiet evenings. I am a follower of Sive on FPA and really not positive about GBP strength over the coming weeks so just diving in and out at the moment

2.45 proves too much of a barrier for this pair:

It seems that for the past 2 months, the support and resistance levels are separated by about 300 pips.

Nice head and shoulders forming on 1hr

GBP/NZD approaching that magical 2.4000 level again. Where will it go from here?

Thereā€™s support at 2.3750, Iā€™m out until I see a clear direction signal.
Long term, im still bullish

fireworks

Cosmic, truly cosmicā€¦

Cashed in one trade for +Ā£111, still have a smaller trade running.
Annoyed with my broker, Nzd rate not even on their calendar and now it says its been cut but not by how much. Might be time to leave fxpro

That is poor!

Here , take a look at my broker(FXCM)'s news feed:

2nd trade came back to my stop. Good end to the day

ā€¦over 250,000,000 unitsā€¦

This is a strong volume, accompanied by a hundred-pip candle drop (half an hour into this hour), so it is a genuine moveā€¦

Nice!!! A good trading day!!