GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

The price was too good to resist.

Opened long position at 2.4260.

I am out at 2.4460 for +200 pips.

Congratulations to youā€¦

Your account must be doing very well :slight_smile:

F

N.Y.S.E. open: GBP/NZD charging up past 2.45 and 2.4550, continuing a bounce off the 2.44 from after 1pm today (UK time).

The area circled in green shows this charge from after 1pm, as well as price movement (5m chart) from early this morningā€¦

The two black lines are the 2.44 and 2.45 levels.

Too early to say where this may goā€¦

Let us wait and seeā€¦

Anybody long?

To me it looks like it may be a good level to go short, looking at the 4 Hr chart. But Iā€™m going to stay out and just look to see where it goes from here. This could be the time it finally pushes past 2.4550 and keeps going north.

Pushing above 2.46ā€¦

:slight_smile:

Retraced to my stop for +100 pips

Nice one. +100 pips is a nice winner any day! Especially after being in the trade for only 5 hours.

I almost pulled the trigger on a short around 2.4600 but held back.

Iā€™m in short at 2.4600.

Iā€™m out at 2.4450 for +150 pips. I set TP before going to bed.

Thats the way to do it, as Punch and Judy would say

GBP/NZD might be in an Ascending Triangle pattern. It could break out above 2.4600 and keep going. No more shorts for me on this pair.

I will be entering a long position if the price touches the lower line of the triangle around 2.4340. Target would be 2.4550.

Good luckā€¦
A good analysis!!

I donā€™t know if price will reach my buy zone. On the 1 Hr chart you can see a strong support level at 2.4400 for the past 8 hrs.

Hello traders!

GBP/NZD secured 2.44 with a Chinese ā€˜weaker-than-expectedā€™ PMI between 2am and 3am last nightā€¦

Here is a question on negative roll-over when selling the Kiwi, which I put to Merlin Rothfeld last night on

Power Trading Radioā€¦ [B]Watch the video[/B] with him and Irfan Patel (a British trader and instructor),

[B]from 26ā€™59ā€™ā€™ [/B], to see how they answer my question :

Power Trading Radio Video Archives | Tuesday, September 22, 2015

How do you approach the negative roll-over from selling the Kiwi?

Happy Trading!

Iā€™m long GBP/NZD:

Position #1: Long at 2.4360
Position #3: Long at 2.4285

Now we wait for it to get back to 2.4500

Good luckā€¦

If tonight the NZ trade balance shows a contraction in exports (as expected), we may see another attempt by the Kiwi to push lower with more convictionā€¦

Thanks PipMeHappy, I think I might stay up for that one and see if it gives us the breakthrough :slight_smile:

You have to love this pair. Three hours ago I was -160 pips on my 2 positions. Now I am +140 pips.

In another 2 hours I could be +300 or -300. That is why I take the profits when I can. I have a sell order for Position #1 at +125 pips. If that order gets executed I will set SL for Position #2 at +100 pips and then wait for the trade balance news.