GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

In again.
Position #3: Long at 2.4200

One more time.
Position #4: Long at 2.4100

Looking like a big squeeze, could be an interesting evening

I did not think we would be seeing the 2.4000 level back in play, but here it is. I hope it holds or it could just keep falling all the way down to 2.3700.

Feels like time to load up on GBP v NZD and AUD fundamentally I canā€™t find a reason for this weakness and we are at some good technical points but as always Iā€™m aware the market can be irrational longer than I can remain solvent :slight_smile:

Once again:
Position #5: Long at 2.3943

Yes, crazy ā€¦ I am still holding longā€¦ This pair is at the 50-day moving averageā€¦it is waiting to.rise againā€¦when?

Iā€™m heavy long and will hedge in a few hundred more pips if it doesnā€™t turn

PipMeHappy I class myself as a cynical trader and see this move as an MM squeeze in my mind, but do you see any fundamentals that justify it?

Hiā€¦ No, other than the BoE rate rise expectations cooling off, I cannot see any reason to go.long the Kiwiā€¦

But, markets will be marketsā€¦ I have been at -700 pips with this pair, so it is nothing that worries meā€¦the fundamentals have not changed, just the balance swinging more in favour of sellersā€¦

I am not worriedā€¦this pair is heading up. Period.

I fully agree itā€™s going up. Always nice to get confirmation from an excellent fundies guy thanks

now one order -235pips,one order -55pips, my sl is near 2.34274-2.34669 and tp is 2.44496-2.44611 trailling is about 200-250pips,thatā€™s safe? Trade on H4 chart.

You have a considerably better entry than me :slight_smile: Who knows whatā€™s safe with this pair but its considerably oversold, seemingly without justification (not that the market needs any ) Not sure the 250 trailing will be safe after the first thrust but if we get a swift reaction later or early next week then you should have time to adjust should you wish to.

One final time.
Position #6: Long at 2.3755

I am in up to my eyeballs. LOL. Now itā€™s time to wait for it to turn around. Surely the 2.3700 level should provide a strong enough support.

Iā€™m with ya buddy. It could be a hard weekend for the mrs lol

Economics Editor Sam Coventry provides her analysis of GBP/NZD in the context of a RBNZ rate cut in Octoberā€¦

NZD Ends Week on Positive Note After Fonterra Upgrades Forecast | DailyFX

Just took a look around this morning and found the above. Personally, my thoughts were that such an aggressive move yesterday was the result of a MM squeeze and although the dairy price is obviously very important to the NZD, I see it as a catalyst for the squeeze rather than a fundamental reason for such a large move. Purely my thought process and I do understand most have a far more logical approach rather than my cynical one.

This is an interesting article I received in my e-mail today about trading sideways markets. This is the same strategy I was using when I started trading GBP/NZD in mid August. This pair was establishing some well defined support and resistance levels on the 4 Hr chart.

4 Tips for Trading Sideways Markets Ā» Learn To Trade

Great article! Nial Fuller is always worth reading.

Great article thanks yohec