GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

Here we go…

Hello traders,

if you are looking for an article about end-year forecasts for GBP/NZD, look no further!

Another good read!
Great work, Sam!

Thanks for posting the article, it is an interesting read. This sentence from the article caught my eye:

“Looking at the pound to NZ dollar exchange rate forecast GBPNZD is predicted to be at 2.56 by the end of 2015.”

That price is about 1900 pips away from the current level. This pair moved 1200 pips in less than 3 weeks between 21-Aug and 10-Sep (even ignoring the large spike on Black Monday). So 1900 pips in 3 months does not sound incredible.

I will just have to sit on my current losing positions and wait for it go back up. I could bank a great profit if it gets back to “only” 2.4300.

A hawkish carney could set this off and then NzD news later.

My thoughts entirely, Kev… that 2.56 may not seem ‘much’ but it would do me nicely :slight_smile:

How about 2.48 with a nice retrace to jump in again :slight_smile:

I hope you are correct. Are you also holding a long position?

I am in large as they say lol. I stopped adding at 2.405, I would have started hedging at around 2.345 No stops or TP as I use Price Action and look for appropriate S & R and opportunities to jump back in

Then let’s hope that Mr. Carney helps us with his upcoming speech.

Nothing from Mr Carney so on to the news we go

Carney’s speech has not started yet. It starts at 19:40 London time.

He spoke about climate change and the possibility of affecting the economic climate (twitter is your friend) He started around 20.15 UK time

Sub-2.37??

Is this truly happening?

I want to just shut my eyes for a week …

I’ve had a buy order parked at 2.3600 for several days but I didn’t think there was any chance of triggering. I’m hoping it doesn’t get any closer and just start going up. It now appears that I’m going to have to hold on to my positions longer than I initially thought.

Oh yes, this is painful, cynical ole me says the MMs are having end of month fun, Lets hope the candles form railway lines

Dont you just love the way that when the markets move in strange ways like this, that all the gurus on twitter paid by the brokers go silent :slight_smile: (I wonder why )

What I really don’t like is being this low and close to NFP.

Have you ever noticed how you often get 2 analysts from the same firm make opposing predictions, then when the market moves they highlight the one who guessed right. I noticed this years ago with newspapers doing the same thing, then trumpeting “we were the first to tell you…”

Seriously? LOL. At least it just kissed it and bounced back up.

Position #7: Long at 2.3600

Eddie you are spot in. My thought is that they like to create indecision in retail traders to tighten their stops or get out quick when things go against them. The lack of comments while a squeeze goes on I feel, is to allow the stress to increase and get us to get out of losing trades. I find that even if I’m wrong, it helps put a grin on my face when I see stop hunts and squeezes.

I felt for you when I saw the bottom of that candle, fingers crossed you’ve got it spot on