GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

Agreed :slight_smile:

PS: I am that 1,800-pip long holder, but you are right, I donā€™t like things too fast :slight_smile:

Iā€™m still in Speed Bump. Stressed to high hell yes, but still in and hedged. Thereā€™s more than one way to skin a cat, although I must admit this method is extremely painful in bad times :wink:

Risk management, critical and my main error was not switching to net short a lot lot sooner but hindsight is always 100%

I know, hindsight is a wonderful thing :slight_smile:

It is painfulā€¦ My target is 6,000 pips from 2.40 (that is, 3.00), so although I was not expecting price to

drop below 2.30 (and it has), I am still comfortable for it to get down to the 200-day moving average

level (2.16), which is another few hundredsā€¦ by then, we will know if this is a correction or a true

reversalā€¦

Live to trade another day :slight_smile:

I donā€™t doubt that, but I also doubt you guys are relying on this to cover your fees & commissions, pay your bills & support your regular lifestyle, & thatā€™s where the crossroads of fun/hobby intersect with reality/profession.

0.01 penny or cent a throw is a bit of fun, but when the size & the consequences begin to get even remotely serious the game, & your position within it, begins to take on a very different shape altogether.

But good luck nonetheless & try to enjoy the rollercoaster ride.

Yes you are spot on, I trade very small and not for an incomeā€¦ It is good to say it how it is :slight_smile:

Thanks, you tooā€¦

Do you trade for an income?

I trade full lots to supplement my income and build a fund. I am fortunate enough to have a good job too, but believe me this is not a hobby. It has to cover fees and commissions and add up with my account over the year. I treat this as a business and see my drawdown as my inventory being out with customers before I get paid. Just as it is in most businesses. It may be different, but it is working. So please feel free to say you think Iā€™m playing for a bit of fun, but it does not appear that way to me.
I do not consider myself a good trader, but I am very active and profitable. I enjoy a bit of spitballing over the charts which is why I came here again to pass time while trading. I thought I was adding a genuine view from a genuine trader.

Many thanks and goodbye

Not at the moment.
Iā€™ve handed that pleasure across to someone else for the time being.
I now sit the other side of your execution platform watching all the drama, chaos & carnage play out every day.

Oh such fun!

Precisely my point.
When or rather if it ever does become your sole means of income the psychology will definitely change as will the route you take to achieve the objectives - it always does!

Good for you & long may it continue.
Stay safe out there & keep your hand on your haā€™penny at all times, coz when he bites, you donā€™t really want him to bite you there!
It hurts like hell & leaves a very nasty scar :slight_smile:

PS: sorry to be a bore, butā€¦ back to the topic at handā€¦

[B]NZD Consumer Price Index data released tonight at 10.45pm [/B](UK time);

Quarter on Quarter/ Previous: 0.4% ; Forecast: 0.2%.

The Year on Year data is expected to show no change (0.3%).

Whether this is what will happen, and how price will react, it is anybodyā€™s guess!

Price before, during, and after the CPI figures (5m chart):

Another good read from Sam Coventryā€¦

Kiwi finally loosens its hold on 0.68 as Global Dairy Trade auction shows a 4.6% price drop on the whole-milk powder index ā€¦ Volume behind this large hourly bearish candle validates the moveā€¦

Heading for the stars?

GBP/NZD hourly chart:

Hello Kiwi traders!

Well, have you seen this?

It looks like it may regain the 2.30 soonā€¦

Today, as highlighted in this FT article

from yesterday, Carney will intervene in

Oxford on the ā€˜Brexitā€™ issue: how will the

Pound react to the BoEā€™s analysis?

On the Daily chart, the bottom of the move coincides with the 38.2% Fibonacci level. I ignored the big spike on Black Monday.

[B]Interesting, Yohec!

How are you positioned? Are you in a trade?

Here is another interesting article by Sam Coventry:[/B]

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/nzd/2775-new-zealand-dollar-worst-performer-g10-53454

I am holding some long positions on GBP/NZD and deep underwater. Iā€™m just sitting on these expecting a big move up over the coming weeks.

I am also holding a couple of positions on GBP/AUD and I am currently in profit. Iā€™m going to hold on to these for more profit.

Iā€™m doing well on my other trading methods while I wait for GBP/NZD to get back to prior levels.

Hello traders!!

This surprise move has been derived by a Cable drop in the last hour and a halfā€¦ No idea exactly whyā€¦

The drop in GBP/USD was due to the US jobless claims news, according to this article from FX Street. The drop in GBP/NZD could be related to this.

GBP/USD turns negative after US data

Thanks. I had checked those US data but it was not that big a surpriseā€¦

The Dollar only climbed about 50pipsā€¦ the Cable moved down about 70pipsā€¦

and the GBP/NZD moved downā€¦ 250 pips?!?

Bonkers

Anyway, El NiƱo will take care of this madness: