GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

I just learned how to rate a thread so this one gets 5 stars.

Yes, I will give it five stars too!

GBP/NZD is making a strong move over the past 3 hours. I don’t see any news event for GBP nor NZD to cause this. Could it be that yesterday’s dairy auction results are just now affecting the pair?

I hear you, Yohec…

I think this is price following the ‘path of least resistance’, which, in this case, is a steady continuation to the upside…

The dairy data would certainly have contributed, but it was probably just price action today…

Hello traders! The FOMC meeting minutes are out now…

Some reaction now…

So far the minutes have not had much impact on anything.

GBP is in uptrend.GBPNZD buy tip for today,target at 2,3600~220 pips,target 2 2.3900~460 pips

That was quite the drop last night. I had a trend line on my charts so I was prepared for it but it was still a bit unexpected.

Got a good entry (assuming it keeps going north) so first TP will be yesterday’s high.

I am starting to think that my 3.0 target may take longer than Christmas 2015, unless…unless Santa delivers a December rate rise at the Fed: then, nothing will be unthinkable in these coil-sprung, overextended market conditions.

The 100-day moving average sits just above 2.35;

the pair retreated to the rising trendline, near 2.32.

With a lack of news items today, we are in the hands

of price action and general momentum to move this

pair in the general direction of the trend.

I was disappointed that 2.34 did not hold as a support level.

Take heart, Yohec: the RBNZ rate decision is only thirteen trading days away!

A man named Joe Campbell shorted shares in a pharmaceutical company. The same day, his trading account went from +$37,000 to -$106,000.

Remember this next time one of your trades goes against you. It could be a lot worse!!

Joe Campbell GoFundMe page for E-Trade - Business Insider

I can see 1.2500 showing face again.

Assuming that 2.30 is secure, the slip below 2.32 today should not worry us… The BoE has better prospects for its currency than the RBNZ for the Kiwi; what is pushing the pair low is a temporary dip in the US Dollar’s performance across the board, including the Kiwi, as sentiment cools off a little, in anticipation of the year-long-expected December Fed rate hike…

As I explained in my video today, risk appetite is stagnant, which also drives some currency flows to slip off to ranging or to moving counter-trend…

I am convinced that the markets will realign, with the S&P500 losing a lot of ground and resuming a healthy (=inverse) correlation to the US Dollar, which will replace Gold as the ultimate safe haven for investors…

I think it has been a frustrating two trading months (September-October) for Kiwi bears, but the trend is strong and unless fundamental sentiment started shifting across the board to a US Dollar-negative stance, then there is no reason to back the Kiwi to the upside, long-term…

That is entirely my subjective view :slight_smile:

Is this it for the GBP/NZD bull run?

[B]http://poundsterlinglive.com/nzd/2962-new-zealand-dollar-weaknes-near-term-432434[/B]

Discussed on Power Trading Radio last Friday, from 2’50’’ on:

Power Trading Radio Video Archives | Friday, November 20, 2015

Hello traders!

In preparation for the Fed rate decision event (16th December),

here are the ‘high-impact’ news items affecting GBP/NZD in the

next three trading weeks, taken from Investing.com:

Remember that this Thursday and Friday there will be low liquidity due

to the US being offline for the Thanksgiving holiday…

I hope that this will help you planning your expectations, positioning, etc.

Take care and…

Happy Trading!

Hello traders,

it appears that economic calendars sometimes do not include events until the last minute!

Keeping my eyes peeled, I spotted this ‘high-risk’ event for the GBP today:

10am (GMT):

Pound pairs fairly quiet through the BoE testimony; here are the comments from the members: