GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

mine is at

Long at 2.3805

Spread was 9

100 pip jump takes me to 45 pip profit

and my main broker is ECN so much for lower spreads huh. I didnt check my oanda acct.

On this pair the spread jumps all over the place, currently varying between 6 and 11 pips.
Compensated by the massive moves, im now 130 pips up on the trade I opened this afternoon

I still have the trade from other day, but I just put pending order at 50 day high doch channel.

Stop hit, profit of 105 pips

ā€¦however, the pair has hit a supply zone at 2.40, and in the last couple of hours it has dropped nearly three hundred pips, with high selling volume behind itā€¦

This will either reverse quickly, or flush out more buyers in preparation for the RBNZ rate decision, for it to rally from cheaper levelsā€¦ Also we are quite far from the 100-day moving average, which could be as low as the pair may go if other levels should fail as demand zonesā€¦

Keep your eyes sharp.

Happy trading.

On Friday when pricecwas around 2.3950, I put a buy limit order on at 2.3820 which triggered this morning and is currently about 120 pips down.
Most of the drop has been on quite thin trading and price seems to be firming, up from its lowest point, as more buyers come in.
Iā€™m confident this will test 2.4000 again, so sitting back for the ride

350 pips down from 2.40,

and fallingā€¦

:open_mouth:

No 2.3730, so Iā€™m 90 pips shy of breakeven

Good morning , traders!

This pair has fallen over four hundred and fifty pips,

touching below 2.3550 this morningā€¦

In just over thirty-six hours we will have

the RBNZ decision, which will be a real

catalyst for this pair, in either directionā€¦

How will you position?

Happy tradingā€¦

[QUOTE=ā€œPipMeHappy;712096ā€]Good morning , traders! This pair has fallen over four hundred and fifty pips, touching below 2.3550 this morningā€¦ In just over thirty-six hours we will have the RBNZ decision, which will be a real catalyst for this pair, in either directionā€¦ How will you position? Happy tradingā€¦[/QUOTE]

Itā€™s weird how it has been moving wildly despite the lack of major news. If it moved 700 pips since last week, how much would it move after the RBNZ decision lol I remember the last decision made it move 500 instantly then another 2000 over the next couple weeks.

Iā€™d say itā€™s going downwards

Hello traders,

I havemade a new video in preparation for the RBNZ rate decision tomorrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6zUZcZYcKM

Do watch and let me know if you have any comments of your own, on the video or any of the topics discussed.

Happy trading.

Very interesting video.
My brain says that a possible Rbnz rate cut and promises of uk rate hikes should point to price rising, but a drop like weā€™ve just had makes me wonder if there could be a surprise

Anyhow, im long at 2.34535 but with a tighter than usual stop loss

I really cannot wait until we get an answerā€¦ Roll on, Wednesday evening!

Great bounce back today, Im now up over 300 pips after a horrendous start

Entered Long at 2.3965 and hedged a short that took me all the way down to 2.3540. Closed the hedge there and went long again. Currently ITM and trailing my stops at 2.391. What a ride!!!

Finally slipped back and hit my SL, leaving me 330 pips profit.

Im out of this now until the RNZD meetingā€¦probably

Forecast is that rate will be cut by 0.25%. So, if rate is reduced by 0.25% then do we expect volatile movement in price against NZD? Or is it only if rate is reduced by more than 0.25% which will trigger volatile movement against NZD?

I am currently long on GBP/NZD and had been buying on each pull back so need to make a decision about my open positions.

I am also short on NZD/USD.