GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

Very intriguing, well worth keeping an eye on

The 20/50 EMA crossover is a system I use on the 4 Hour chart that is described on this thread:

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/72042-most-profitable-trading-pattern-you-will-ever-encounter.html

Just reading the first page gives you all the details on how the setup works.

According to this system, it is getting close to giving a signal to go long on GBP/NZD, but it is not quite there yet.

The last time this system gave a signal on GBP/NZD was on 27-November to go short when the price was about 2.3000.

Thanks, Yohec!

Well, according to this

New Zealand Dollar: Three-White-Soldiers Could Signal GBPNZD Recovery to 2.24s

all the signs are that the three-wave pattern may be over and we may finally see the return of the bull trendā€¦

Best of luck to us all.

Iā€™ve been so tempted to take a long position on GBP/NZD. But Iā€™m going to hold on and wait for the EMA crossover system to give me a signal. It needs to retrace more before it triggers a buy signal.

The volatility is certainly there and Iā€™ve been burned before by entering a trade too early.

Indeed, Yohecā€¦

As one might ask: ā€œWhatā€™s the hurry?ā€.

Remember my motto?

Buddha Buttocks!

Sit

Sit

Sit

Wait

Wait some more

:slight_smile:

I jumped the gun after all. I did not get the buy signal but I had to leave the house this morning so I set a pending order to buy at 2.1900 and got filled.

Currently up 130 pips. Iā€™ve set a SL at +100 pips.

Even Buddha gets itchy ,

sometimesā€¦

:wink:

Closed trade for +150 pips.

Now Iā€™ll try the Buddha Buttocks technique and wait for an entry signal.

Was in the same trade more or less. Closed it out too as donā€™t want a repeat of last night where +100 pips disappeared up in smoke and stopped me out at B/E. With the market having a bit of a panic attack at the moment running this way and that Iā€™m taking profit on the day mostly.

I donā€™t know what happened with that candle at 01:00 GMT but I just had to get back in.

I entered long at 2.1940. Iā€™ll set TP at 2.2060 since it has not been able to get past 2.2100

What I just witnessed as China opened, would not have believed if I had not seen. At 20:15, New York -5 GMT, GBP/AUD trading at 2.0795, jumped to 2.0864 in about 15 seconds, and honestly telling you in less than 10 seconds, stopped me out at 2.0650 as the low hit 2.0638. The Chinese are hackers of the internet and obviously forex also. GBP/USD had a slight spike down, but left the NZD and CAD pairs alone. This was an eye opener of manipulation so fast, no human stands a chance at reacting.
Correctionā€¦as yohec has posted, NZD did receive a slight buzzer also.

Beware,
Tim

I see how both GBP/NZD and GBP/AUD had 200 pip candles at 01:00 GMT. I had not made the connection that it coincided with the open of the Chinese markets.

This seems to be what caused the 1am spike:

Currently 60 pips down on GbpNzd :frowning: Not concerned, itā€™ll come back

ā€¦and now its 40 pips up :slight_smile:

ā€¦Stir-Krazy?

:stuck_out_tongue:

What a cracking ride!

Strap your seat belts!

Positive NFP completed a bearish move from NZD/USD

with a final push, breaking below 0.66(!)ā€¦ In the hourly

chart below, you can see a nice volume spike on the NFP

hourā€¦

Overall, nine consecutive red (hourly) candlesā€¦ Ouch!

To witness a fall of 200 pips in a flash is not normal trading. This is injecting millions of units to one side or the other. Attempted to backtrack on Oandaā€™s 5 second chart, could only retrieve to 11:24 am, New York time, Friday. I really want to see how fast this occurred. Replaying in my mind, less than 5 seconds, possibly 1 or 2.
If the Chinese hackers can find their way into US government files, imagine what they are doing to the Chinese stock market and 3rd world countries. Someone is becoming immensely rich.
Did some backtracking on GBP/AUD through 2015 and found spikes of 200 commonplace from open price to tip of wick either way, largest being 259. Stop loss of 225 relatively would keep me safe, although 260 would make me cozy. The biggest winner of an overall loss or gain was made on August 24th, from open to top of wick, culminated in a 901 pip move.
Learning more and more in this journey and hope to reap the rewards before I die. Amen.

Na zdrowie,
Tim

So which is it, not normal or commonplace? If you follow forex for any length of time, you will see this time and again

If the Chinese hackers can find their way into US government files, imagine what they are doing to the Chinese stock market and 3rd world countries.

Why Chinese hackers? Are there no US hackers, British hackers, Nigerian hackers? Youā€™re starting to sound like Donald Trump. Keep race out of it in future, it has no place here.

Good points but let us not forget that algos/machines both squeeze volatility out of, and exaggerate moves within, the marketsā€¦ Humans could not achieve this in the very short time (=a few seconds) that these events occurā€¦