GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

I had a longer term long position on AUDNZD & only just added to it earlier via a trend line on the 5mins chart. I was trading while at work & as such, I wasn’t even aware of the NZD release & had quite a tight stop. Needless to say that added position was a H-U-G-E earner for me.

NICE ONE BAZ!!!

Scotland 1, New Zealand 0

:slight_smile:

[B]ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Fetch the salts

I feel faint

[/B]

I meant a sustained rally beyond the initial euphoria.

I was expecting to see 1.1330 in the coming days, probably next week sometime but with that move, I think that we’ll be seeing it sooner rather than later.

30mins in & it’s still trying to push higher. I was contemplating a cheeky fade but I think that I might just sit on the side lines with my longer term long position see what happens.

Oh cool, sorry, just checking :slight_smile:

Well, the press conference looks nearly over…

All questions on currency depreciation, inflation targets, and dairy price fall

have been covered…

Do I expect the near-500-pip rally to continue?

Not necessarily: the FOMC rate decision and Yellen press conference are only a week away…

However, I have been waiting for something like this for months, so I cannot help but feeling

hopeful and perhaps a little more optmistic that, as Baz says, the bullish sentiment may have

returned more vigorously to this pair…

:51:

Baz described it perfectly. I took a “cheeky fade”. LOL.

Press conference over…

Now let us see what happens to all the Kiwi pairs in the next few hours,

going into the Asian session…

:slight_smile:

I was out of Kiwi pairs but made some pips on Aus.
Now short NzdUsd at .6647 with a long term view

Nice one Eddie!

SHORT SHORT SHORT!

[B]LET’S TANK THE KIWI !!![/B]

If GBPNZD can push back up above 2.1500, there’s hopefully a lot of breathing space for longs & Pip might even see the glory days of 2.46 again but that’s getting ahead of ourselves with wishful thinking.

My eye is on 2.1500 for now anyway & I’m thinking that it’ll be for a long but we’ll see what price does & what the candles say.

Statistically, an impulsive move is followed by a corrective move & then another impulsive move in the same direction as the first impulsive move so like Pip, I’d like to see the Bulls to show some strength.

Rising Risk RBNZ May Cut Rates Below 2% – Market Talk

9 March 2016, 23:23

2123 GMT - The Reserve Bank of New Zealand isn’t done cutting the official cash rate, Capital Economics says. Despite lowering the OCR to 2.25%, the tone of the RBNZ’s statement suggests further easing will be necessary to reignite inflation and bring it back into the central bank’s target range. “Interest rates will therefore soon fall to 2.0%, and we expect this will drag the New Zealand dollar down to around US$0.60 from US$0.68 now,” says Paul Dales, Capital Economics’s chief Australia and New Zealand economist. He believes RBNZ has clearly been spooked by the recent weakening in the outlook for the global economy, the unwanted strengthening in the New Zealand dollar and the plunge in various measures of domestic inflation expectations. “The first and last of those factors mean that the risks are still on the downside,” he says. Timing of the next cut of the OCR? Either of the meetings in late April or June, Dales says. ([email protected]: @dwinningWSJ)

My only concern with this pair is Gbp Brexit uncertainty, hence my Usd trade instead. The Tories getting their noses blooded today over Sunday trading might even encourage desenters in the Tory ranks to be more vociferous. Could be a difficult few months for Cameron

Well, I really cannot say that it is not a concern,

but everybody is painting this to be the end of

the world: it will not be.

In the end, business will continue, not as usual,

and there will be changes, but business between

EU and UK will continue, just like it would have

done between Scotland and England/Wales/N.Ireland

had Scotland left the Kingdom…So, if Brexit were to be,

then it will not be the end of the United Kingdom; if not,

then all the better.

I do not want to sound cavalier about it all, but I really

do not think the public knows what to do, and all polls

suggest an almost even split at the moment, so in such

a situation there may well be a ‘panic against change’ reaction

and people will be too scared to risk further economic damage

to an already fragile UK recovery…and vote with their heads :slight_smile:

I was hoping for 2.15 a while back for a shorting opportunity but wary now - interest rate driven moves can have legs. GBP/AUD short looks an easier proposition.

Theres 2.15 but I’m not playing in this market today :58:

I traded the bounce from 2.15 down to the 50% Fib (2.1335).

I wasn’t planning another long until a break & retest of 2.15 but I took a small position after the engulfing bar on the 61.8% Fibs so 2.1350 with a 70-pips stop. It’s not done much: up a wee bit & back down to around break-even. I’ll just let it ride with a 2.15 TP.

Yes, pretty pathetic today, really…the algos quickly sucked any volatility left from the ECB event yesterday and today nothing is really moving…

What a bore… :S

It’s normal after a daily move that’s overdone that you get a fairly quiet day with retraces and people taking stock of the potentially new lay of the land.

Still boring, though ;p