GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

Yes, I was about to post it here…

The funny thing is that both the GBP/USD and the NZD/USD rose against the dollar, so it could have gone either way for GBP/NZD, which chose to take its cue from the NZD rise…

Took my stop out, still got about 150 pips.
Back in again now it’s settled down

This pair is like Tech stocks!!

Ouch…

Are you stopped out, Eddie?

Three hundred pips drop, just like that haha

No, I came in after some of the drop, currently about 30 down although it did go a lot lower.
USD getting murdered out there

There was no fundamental reason for the drop earlier this afternoon, so I expect this pair to resume its upward trend, if not today then certainly early next week.
Happy weekend everyone

I agree 100%

You too

It looks like its been consolidating for the last 10 to 12 days, hopefully for the next move up

This pair doesn’t do consolidating, it just swings high or low. Lots of trading opportunities, long and short, ive closed 1 of each for good profits today and opened another long

Question:

Will the Gpb nzd pair move up to test the 2.40 area before the 2.35? It seems like it is still in a strong uptrend.

Thoughts?

I hope so, I have my tp set at 2.39950

Lol.

Mine is at 2.390

By the way, anyone notice it crept up 100 pips in the last hour?

Hey eddieb, is there a sharp fall coming?. 2.3734 ish?. Excuse me if not. I don’t use any indicators only price action and S/R and if I saw this setup on my usual pair I’d be looking to short.

All the best, Shyfx

I think it will either go down from 2.375 or wait for the 2.39 and short

Hello traders, tonight is the night: NZD employment/unemployment data will come out (10.45 GMT; 5.45 ET). Employment is expected to dip lower, and unemployment higher…There is also some UK data, but with the BoE inflation report later this week, there may be little GBP action until then (the PMI data yesterday morning had little impact on GBP).

Good luck, and be patient :slight_smile:

Back on course after 200 pip climb since this afternoon

Yes, after a lot of creepy behaviour (!) around 2.37, it finally shot past it and, in the last three hours,

continued in its once-customary ‘rocket style’ and blasted(!) through 2.38…

I think it is trying to front-run disappointing New Zealand employment data (tonight, 11.45pm for UK

traders)…

Caution is advised, as always… a volatile pair… and that 2.40 level is still a big obstacle…

Good luck, eddie and Shyfx.,

[QUOTE=“eddieb;714708”] Back on course after 200 pip climb since this afternoon[/QUOTE]

Good stuff!.

I read your post at 11pm ish last night and had visions of it taking everyone’s trailing stops out after what seems like a mega climb. Glad it’s back on track for you.

All the best,

Shyfx

Just took out my stop at 2.38100.
Nice profit.
Now I’ll wait for the next sizable drop for a re entry point, difficult now as the spread is widening