GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

I’m back long at 1.7300.

Long on GBP is gutsy bro, very gutsy. Best off luck. I don’t trade the GBP personally but would be keen to understand a bit more to your logic here.

I’ve been swing trading this pair for the past year. It seems that every time it hits a new swing low, it turns around and rallies a few hundred pips before resuming its down trend. I’m hoping to catch 100 to 200 pips here. I decided before the week’s open that if it gapped down I would enter a long position.

Stopped out last night. Hit adjusted SL at 1.7400 for +100 pips.

I would only consider going long again if it dips below 1.7200. Maybe.

Between October 3 and November 7, GBP/NZD dropped 700 pips. During that period, I placed 21 trades and made 1400 pips of profit. What is interesting is that all 21 trades were long positions. I was just placing my entries based on what I saw as support levels on the 4 hour chart and taking advantage of the volatility of this pair.

Here are the details of the individual trades.

Adj SL = Adjusted Stop Loss. This is when I move my SL to lock in profits.

Hi Yohec, that is most interesting! I thought you were going to say that they were

short trades! Well, that is very skilled!

The Pound has gone up and touched 1.25, but GBPNZD has kept at a staggering uninviting

1.69-1.71 range…and the Kiwi has hardly been a winner…

All the more cred to you for making this pair work for you, going counter-trend on short-term trades…

You are king…

Respect!

Im guessing you must have had a sharp eye on those

I added to my profits during the US presidential election.

I have an open order to buy at 1.6880.

great job yohec!

Thanks for that.

I have a sell order at 1.7120 if it reaches that high.

1 Like

Hi, this is a message for Yohec, tried to find a way of messaging you directly but I can’t see how to do it. You replied to a post I made on another thread - The most profitable trading pattern you will ever encounter, I can’t comment on that post again as I can only make max 5 comments on it due to being a newbie hence trying to contact you via a different thread.
I wanted to ask if you are still trading that pattern? Thanks, Rebecca

1 Like

“I wanted to ask if you are still trading that pattern? Thanks, Rebecca”

I don’t actively trade that system now because I have been busy trying other things. I still think that it has a lot of potential and may start trading it again.

1 Like