GBP.USD & EUR.USD - Proof of Profits Verified

Sure is!

I am not so brave and am more looking at the scalping type in/out like this one just now:

Reminds of the old banking days, sitting in the evenings with feet up in the trading room just playing the market rhythms…up - down- up - down. And using intraday limits one could play good size…but that was then…sigh!

hehe…
I am also short on GBPUSD since yesterday, actually I have 2 shorts in place waiting for the push to the downside.

2 Likes

Yea, I needed that 30min candle to close much much lower if i’m honest - little room for error here and a big ask to break the low of the day, but at least it’s risk off now, can’t complain! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You must be well in the money then, nice one.

Indeed - it is quite strange to re-visit that intensity in ultra short term trading. Close stops, sharp timing, quit while ahead, etc.

In this case the intensity is due to the current ever-present risk of a sudden rumour or announcement and the price flies - one way or the other! And I am still a believer in latent underlying strength in sterling just waiting to break. My daily and even 4H charts are still in a stalled upmove - but where the near term bottom is, well, afterall, this is the pound we are talking about, not just any old currency! :rofl:

1 Like

Did I understand right that your EU trade is still open and with target set to B/E? Looks a bit threatened at present?

1 Like

Yea, it looks like garbage - it’s a loss in my eyes now. Sick of this, ha

Was 5 pips away this morning to hitting the BE target - not meant to be!

Two days of waiting to be thrown under the bus, great game this.

But…hello GU, what’s happening with that low…

Probably miss this by 5 pips too and get thrown under the next bus that’s waiting to leave the station.

Now, now! positive thinking is what we want here! You could possibly move your stop down now to secure some positive pips . just in case?

We only bounced off the weekly pivot, could go either way from here, but another down trial is the bias still, I think?

2019-03-20 W pivot

I’m greedy - always all or nothing for me :wink:

Or adding in, ha

Edit: ok enough teasing, TP level hit for about 50 pips

Now to focus on the big one in GU…

1 Like

Excellent, well-planned and executed trade - congratulations! :slight_smile: That is how it should be. Not gambling but calculated risk with a defined directional basis ( That’s posh talk for “great punt, the next round is on you!” :joy: )

1 Like

Let’s play the same set-up again but lower down the chart this time in GU.

Pending short order at 1.3220
TP is aiming for a double bottom at 1.3190
SL to be decided on PA at time of entry

Note: The above discretionary trades are in the discretionary account within myfxbook, not the weekly signal account which is totally separate!

Update: Week 12 of 52: GBP.USD - TP Level Reached!

2 Likes

See what positive thinking does for you! That is really something! I am so happy for you :+1:

Some days just go that way! Congrats once again. I have a vague suspicion that tomorrow morning just might witness a few symptoms of the night before? Well, if so, it is well justified! :smiley:

Just closed my triple trade for today and I am done for now. I’m feeling quite patriotic!

1 Like

Sounds good @anon46773462 - a decent day all round.

Dare I even say that is looks like EU may be throwing me a bone…

1 Like

I was just going to say the same about your EU.

BTW just to crown a great day, did you actually get 4 pips positive slippage on your fill? That is always such a feel-good factor (especially on a site that is generally filled with broker phobia!)

I don’t think so, I just had some positive Swap for two days? Unless i’ve missed something. The target was indeed 140 pips, I just pushed in a margin to cover me messing up on the exit.

Here is the play which is pending in GU - it’s a discretionary trade and can be seen in the myfxbook account “The Non Systematic Account - Discretionary

I’d say this is valid for the next few hours, until London comes to a slowdown and close.

but your table shows 144 pips? Your entry wsa 1,3310 with a TL of 140 pips at 1,31700 and you were filled at 1,3166 at 144pips?

Just wondering, it was a quick move and I had 1 pip positive slippage so I thought you had seen the same here…

1 Like

Yeah, I also closed my trades. Pretty good day, both trades combined 6% profit with 2% risk per trade. Congrats to you also! (and Manxx)

2 Likes

I had no idea actually, I was kinda occupied figuring out how to play EU - but good spot. I just saw the P&L change to the upside so assumed all was above water.

Still figuring out how to get out of EU, or indeed place a positional hedge whilst the bias is undecided. I have no doubt the FOMC news today will answer this question.