GBP.USD & EUR.USD - Proof of Profits Verified

Some key levels approaching, could be a tough one, but it’s promising to see selling pressure into NYO. A break of these two listed levels and we should see a nice glide down to the TP.

I’m not into guessing, but lets have some fun…

2 Likes

20%+ month… Oh god haha

What am I missing? I don’t get the joke? Still trying to get everything straight in my head.

1 Like

He had a very good month.

Most succesful traders struggle to make 5%+ a month on avg consistently

Bacon makes nearly twice that on avg if I recall correctly.

He happend to post 4x this month. ( Hes now close to 22% currently for this month)

@frandlost

Gotcha! @Spicynote

Thanks for the explanation! I can be slow on the up take sometimes! :rofl:

KC

1 Like

No worries m8

Cheers @Spicynote, it’s actually been a poor month for the weekly signals which are listed in this thread with few being triggered (by a small margin too which has been frustrating)

But these phases are all part of the game. The bulk of the gains this month have been down to discretionary trades at what I considered to be appropriate levels of intraday supply.

And yes, I’m typically looking at averaging around 12% a month when risking 2% per trade (you can scale this up or down depending how much you would perhaps risk per trade as it’s totally flexible to ones risk appetite).

It’s also important to realise that on average I encounter two non-profitable trading months per year, which is why it’s not uncommon to occasionally achieve 20% months as they come along.

It’s still early days, so let’s see how this progresses, however this month has been a great start to the year.

1 Like

February Month End Summary

It’s the end of a trading month - well, at least for me until we welcome in the first Monday of March.

Here’s a quick update of where we are at so far - a nice +21.17% month

Drawdown - this increased from a watermark of -1.64% to -3.77% ( I know this doesn’t agree with the figure in the below chart, myfxbook uses a slightly different calculation)

Unsurprisingly most of the trades took place in GBP.USD this month, with an average trade length of around three days. This sort of holding period should indicate to you that I don’t trade hard and fast, also it should make sense why the number of tradable signals are kinda low when using the higher TFs for analysis - logical really.

Don’t forget that these are public stats on the account that i’ve linked up - here are the links >> (here)

Edit: Fundamental error in the account structure

After some thinking (yes, I can think from time to time) I’ve realised that the above account serves little purpose to the benefit of this thread as it not only contains the weekly signals in both GU and EU which I list here in this thread prior to the trading week, but is also contains a mix of the discretionary trades which I do not place here in this thread. Essentially what we’ve got is an account with both systematic and non-systematic trades. Therefore it’s an inaccurate measure of the signals which I am placing here at the start of each week, understood?

From here on in (March 2019 onwards) I’m going to add two accounts to the myfxbook link which I have provided. I’ll also stop using the account which we have been running for February 2019.

• One account will ONLY contain the trade signals which I give in this thread prior to the trading week in both GU and EU. The systematic approach

• The second account will ONLY contain my own discretionary trades which are not listed in this thread as trade signals. The non-systematic approach

So what’s the point in separating out these accounts? It’s so we can judge the systematic approach in isolation to any other discretionary trades skewing the actual returns. For example, in February just gone I know that over half of the gains were from trades other than those listed here in this thread. I don’t think that’s very useful.

I will have the accounts up and running in myfxbook before we roll into Monday 4th March!

3 Likes

Excellent results, nonetheless for Feb.

Have I missed this week’s trades?

No you’ve not missed anything. I’ll post them up later today. Thanks.

Week 10 of 52 - Trade Levels

GBP.USD - This week I’m looking for a long opportunity at 1.3122 with a SL at 1.3059 and a TP of 1.3245. The position size is 0.32 std lots which represents a 2% risk of account on this position.

EUR.USD - This week I’m looking for a short opportunity at 1.1376 with a SL at 1.1418 and a TP of 1.1290. The position size is 0.47 std lots which represents a 2% risk of account on this position.

Here is a screen shot visually showing the levels that i’m looking at this week

2 Likes

Well on the systematic account which mirrors the trade signals on this thread we can see that the EU trade was profitable - should it have been taken…which it wasn’t by myself because the signal was way too early in to the markets opening for the week. It’s one of those situations, I hate opening trades prior to at least four hours passing come the new weekly open. Could have, would have and should have…

We’ve still got the long position lining up in GBP.USD which looks alright on paper - on a more positive note I cleared a marginal 0.5% gain today in my discretionary account, it’s not massive but it’s better than nothing.

Hopefully the next update will be good news on the GBP.USD long :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Update week 10 of 52 - GBP.USD Long

Trade has been triggered today at 1.3122

BE set once price reaches a potential 1.3220

2 Likes

Your MA on the 4H caused some delay on the way down to your trigger level - let’s hope it is less troublesome on the way back up again! :+1: :wink:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @anon46773462

And yes, it’s been a slow burner on the way down to the trigger level - it’s still a risky long in my view but this is a systematic approach where I just take the trades at the calculated levels and sit back and watch.

If anything it’s nice to see a bounce at the entry level - if that counts for anything!

3 Likes

The EUR.USD trade which I did not pull the trigger on because of it being a Sunday open price is well on its way to the TP level I had marked out - typical really!

2 Likes

GU taking shape - lots of hurdles to overcome but it’s looking like the entry price was damn fine.

It’s going to be tomorrow that we finally get a result - for better or worse

2 Likes

I was also just admiring your choice of TP for the EU trade. On my price feed it hit it by 1 pip and is now bouncing off. Nice call!

2 Likes