GBPUSD longer term trades (Weekly, Daily, 4hr)

Took the same short, but my entry not as neat as yours.

Thanks for the chart

I see a little downside potential on the daily and weekly. going short at 1.58 for about 50 or 60 pips
Think Iā€™ll put a pending sell at todayā€™s high alsoā€¦

LOL! I just went long :smiley: At 1.5805 on the hourly.

Really nice looking pennant there.

If our stops are right, weā€™ll probably both come out okay.

Iffy this one so not going to play. :smiley: Upside on the 4hā€¦ 30 pips for Asian. Downside looks more attractive. Best of luck guys. :slight_smile:

Stop is in place at B/E+1.

I could care less what happens now.

But looking for 19 more;)

Got out at +14.

That bounce was entirely Aussie employment news.

No need in giving any back:D

Canā€™t be stressing with it [B]MT[/B]. :smiley:

4h and up saves a partner or two along the ā€˜golden pip highwayā€™ in the grand scheme of things. :smiley:

But enough of the scalps.

For the bigger picture, I like the long side here.

Thereā€™s a nice channel forming upwards that started on Nov. 30th.
Nice momentum moves up, and a solid bounce happens at support on the TL at the bottom of the channel.

Great PA situation. Weā€™ll see how long it lasts:D

Ainā€™t DAT da troof! :smiley:

I donā€™t think that long move is done yetā€¦ That flag on the 4 hr still catches my eye.

Nice [B]MT[/B]ā€¦ where EU leads GU is surely going to follow. Long off EU at 1.3210.

funny, Iā€™m short EU at 1.3310

LOLā€¦ thats a longer term thinker at work! Ceiling is around that but who the heck knows? Pretty solid resistance? Iā€™ll wait see into the London openā€¦ if I can be assed to get upā€¦ what time is it here? OMGā€¦ 03:30 :eek:

Edit: And I have run out of ESB! Must be time for the wooden hill! :slight_smile:

If I was rich and didnā€™t have to work for a living Iā€™d be up at 3a.m. too LOL my EU hit TP while I slept through London open, my GU was close to TP so I closed it manually just now. 5:00am here and I just woke up, Iā€™m going to go back to sleep for another hour.

not much activity on the EU thread, think we can keep two ā€˜majorsā€™ threads going at the same time?

That worse than expected news pushed GU to the lo on the monthly, weekly and daily TF. Time for a long me thinks. :smiley:

Iā€™m not trading much this week and next. off for the Christmas holiday and too much going on. I need a vacation from my vacation.

Iā€™ll try a little long on this. aim for mid boll on the daily.

There is a thread hereā€¦
Cable Update (GBPUSD) - Page 17808 @ Forex Factory

seems to be some experienced traders, I follow along with it some. Donā€™t start at the beginning though, go directly to the end.

Spectator only here. Been an interesting 2 days this week so far.

And Talon, donā€™t get sucked into that thread too far, unless itā€™s humor youā€™re after.

That one, and the Euro one there are fairly entertaining. When you see someone come on a public forum saying heā€™s trading 25M contracts, and enjoys running stops on the little guys for 5 pip scalps, you know itā€™s BS.

if you watch that thread for a little wile you can tell there are one or two who know what they are talking about. more so on the GU thread than the EU one. but like anywhere you have weed out the wheat from the chaff

True dat.

But thereā€™s definitely more chaff than wheat there :smiley:

As I said, itā€™s fairly entertaining.

Comments like ā€œbears are here, but there can be no 1.5470 without 1.5510ā€ just slay me with their wisdom.

I do like the magical B/E hits though.

I gotta find me an EA that does that!

Hmmmā€¦ thats a long threadā€¦ I will need to change up to yearly TF to read that one! :smiley:

LOL!

Worse than Tolstoy ainā€™t they?