GBPUSD possible setups

GBPUSD has been consolidating for a while,It tested at 1.29692 more than 4 times and produced some fake breakouts. There is a possibility of a breakout after GDP news or a reversal candle stick that will stretch out of the consolidation zone going up then reverse to be a down trend.
Stay alert.

What are your thoughts?

My question would be: where is it going long term 1.35 or 1.20?

I believe 1.20(I believe it will touch a down trend resistant line at 1.2948 and proceed as a down trend)
In a lookout of a reversal catalyst candle stick. I stay corrected.2

I think that, in the near future, it is more likely to go towards 1.35.
In December 2019, we have two important events: UK elections (12th of December) and Interest rate decision (19th of December).
Without getting into details of it, the Conservatives should win the elections (positive for GBP). It is also likely that Brexit will be delayed again, with the withdrawal agreement ratified, or the article 50 extended beyond 2019 or even revoked. This should give the common sense to the BoE to keep rates at 0.75% for December, among the highest in Europe, with EUR at 0% (and planning to go negative for 2020) and CHF at -0.75%.
From a fundamental point of view, in my opinion, it is more likely that GBPUSD will go towards 1.35 for this end of 2019 / beginning of 2020.

1 Like

Have a look at the reviews around :slight_smile:

The GBPUSD brokeout of the consolidation and is currently and few candles closed beyond the consolidation stage on a 1 hour chart. did you pick that up?

Needs confirmation on daily id say

That’s what I am looking forward to.