Getting out of my comfort zone

Hello babypips!

My name is Carla. I’m originally from Latin America and now based in the UK.

When I am not writing introductions of myself on the internet, I work as a Life Coach, NLP Practitioner and Yoga Teacher, helping others find clarity and balance in their personal and professional life using some tools and techniques I’ve learned and created through the years.

After reading a few books and being encouraged by my supportive husband I decided I wanted to learn more about Trading (by more I mean starting to learn about trading from scratch!). At the moment of writing this entry I consider myself a new egg. Very very newbie.

In fact this feels very different from what I’ve done in the past in my career / hobbies. But exciting regardless.

I used to tell myself “when Im older I will start learning more about this trading this”. But one day, a few weeks ago, I woke up realising that actually I don’t want to keep waiting.

I want to learn new skills, get out of my comfort zone and hopefully be able to help my mom when she retires. And sure there are other dreams and hopes, but maybe I will share those with the journal I write on everyday.

For now, I promise I will give myself a few days to read around some interesting topics and hopefully if I have any questions someone will be able to help me and if I can help anyone (once I get more educated on this new adventure) I will be happy to help others too.

If you are still reading me, thank you. I wish wherever you are that you are ok, that you drink some water and to stay kind to yourself and others. We are all doing the best we can with what we have.

Warm regards x

PS My english sometimes betrays me and I commit horrendous grammatical errors (especially after learning American english for 20odd years and then moving to the UK with my British husband…)

2 Likes

Hi and welcome in BP community :slight_smile: start from the education section and good luck in this long journey :slight_smile: Regards Greg

Have you done the whole color or colour type of thing? :stuck_out_tongue: Welcome!

Okay, Carla, this is the reality you’re facing. US statistics over the last 150 years show that 85% of newbies blow their accounts. Therefore you should learn how NOT to lose money otherwise you cannot trade.

You have at leat one bonus that is gold dust. Your lifestyle work structure is based on your great emotional control that you have successfully managed. You will need this every time when trading FX.

Focus on process, think in percentage terms, not money, and guard your capital as if your life depended on it. Okay, a bit over the top but you get the idea.

One thing to avoid like Covid. Social media marketing hype, which is mainly fantasy land. While there a few genuine gurus on YouTube, most just want your money for their courses and mentorship.

As for your language, it’s excellent and providing - in a sentence - difficult words begin and end with the correct letters - try it - people will understand. So color and colour doesn’t matter.

Press the green education button above. Best of luck on your journey.

Hi Carla! Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your trading journey.

Welcome to the forex world. Make sure you prepare yourself with the right education and practice the right strategies. Good luck trading!