Getting started with Forex Trading

Hello there, my name is Baker from Uganda, am new to trading, more like one 1 day old baby. My goal is to become a professional profitable trader.

A quick one here. Must I first finish all levels in the School of Pipsology to start trading or practice it?

1 Like

Hello, Baker, and welcome to babypips. You do have to complete all the courses in the school of pipsology to acquire good foundation on which to launch out into the trading world in whatever direction of your fancy.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice

1 Like

Your question is often asked here and it gets a whole range of different answers, so it’s “opinion only”, really.

I’m strongly in the “finish the course first” camp. I think trying to practice before you finish the basic theory is a mistake, and leads to learning much less from the practice than you would if you finished the course first.

My view is that people who start trying to put it into practice quickly end up learning less, and being eventually the people who have one month’s experience repeated six times over while other people have six months’ experience, if you see what I mean.

Many people will disagree with me, but I’m well used to that.

And welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Thank you Jane

Hello and welcome :slight_smile: Start with the basics, open a demo account, and practice as you learn. This way, you’ll gain experience while building your knowledge. Good luck!

Hello Baker, welcome to the forum. It’s great to have you here among us!

No, there’s no rule that says you have to finish all the steps before you start practicing. But there is one crucial thing you absolutely have to do: practice on a demo account first. Only use your real money when you’re confident you’ve figured out how to trade.

And you will find that it takes years (on your own) to succeed. I found it 3 years to become close to being a break even trader, and another year trend trading to become a small profit trader.

It is like aiming to climb Mount Everest with a rucksack on your back. It just doesn’t happen overnight.

Best of luck.

Welcome to the community Baker! Remember to stay focused on your goals. Good luck on your trading journey!

Best of luck for your new journey. Try to finish the pipsology course and take lessons from your trading mistakes and follow risk management policy. I think it will make your journey smooth.

You don’t need to finish all levels of School of Pipsology to start trading. Begin with basic concepts, then practice on demo accounts. Continuous learning complements practical experience.

Hey Baker! Welcome to trading! You don’t necessarily need to finish all levels of the School of Pipsology before starting to practice trading. It’s designed to give you a solid foundation, but practical experience alongside learning can be very beneficial. Start with the basics, practice with a demo account, and gradually apply what you learn in real trading. Good luck on your journey!

Hello and welcome, Baker! How is it going for you so far? Hope you’re having a great time here! Good luck!