GFT CHAT... What a waste of time!

After some advice from some of you, I decided to get a GFT demo account. Great piece of software, but will take some time to master. But that�s not why I made this tread. I�ve been looking on their website for information about minimum deposits and minimum trades. Since I couldn�t find any, I decided to give the live help chat a try…BIG MISTAKE. What a total waste of time. If this is a precedent of future contacts with GFT I will surely find another broker.

See here a copy of my chat. The words in black are my remarks I�ve edited in after the chat.

GFT26: Thank you for contacting customer service. How may I help you?
you: where can I find information about deposits and minimum accounts and minimum trade ect I admit that the question formulation could have been better.
GFT26: Thats a great question, but can I please have your full name and e-mail information so I can further assist you better
you: Dankje XXXX <[email protected]>
GFT26: Thank you Dankje, do you currently have a demo account with GFT
you: yes
GFT26: how long have you been trading with the dealbook 360 demo
you: somehow this doesn�t seem a fair trade…It seems that I�m answering the questions to a (turns out half) automated system
GFT26: you can go on our website and choose click on the deposit tab
GFT26: and it gives you options to use to make a deposit
GFT26: can I have someone contact you directly that can walk you through the process and answer your questions?
you: aren’t you someone? Around this time I started to get pissed.
GFT26: yes i am someone
you: great, then maybe you can see that I asked about the specifics of how much money to deposit and how much money for minimum trades. The deposit button is clear enough to see
GFT26: how much risk capital do you currently have? are you kidding me? :mad:
you: funny question
you: has that anything to do with the minimum I�m aloud to deposit? or with the minimum I�m aloud to trade?
GFT26: How much risk capital you have to invest in the market is very relative to trading, however the direct answer to your question is the minimum to open is $250 yes; it took this long to get a part of my question answered. You might not see a time stamp but we�re 30+ minutes into our little chat.
GFT26: what markets are you currently trading. Yes, he can�t resist asking me another question.
you: relative to trading but not to my question. so $250 and what can be the minimum pip value?
GFT26: depending on the currency pair one pip is $1 USD plus or minus
you: ok…and to my original question: where can I find this information on your website?
GFT26: All of the information is in the Website, one of the easiest ways to lookup the information you need is to use the search feature on the top of the screen
GFT26: Do you currently have the Web Site up?I will show you And that was absolutely it for me. I needed to get out of that chat before I got really unpleasant.
you: funny, I thought the easiest way of getting information was to ask you. How silly of me.

I lost my last sentence, but I told him I could manage and said tnx. He closed the chat without saying anything.

Is it me? Maybe my questions were not clear enough for him to understand? And maybe my anger got the best of me and made me irrational.
I�d love some feedback from u guys.

The GFT chat is most definitely a waste of time.

I have used it myself and found that these people have little idea of what is going on.

For decent service I advise the use of Kinetic Securities of Sydney, Australia.
They are an introducing broker for GFT and will definitely not give you the run around.

The also give the the demo account indefintely providing you undertake to start a real account sooner or later.

The website is Kinetic Securities.com.au
Ask for Jay Pace and tell him Tymen sent you.
You will get excellent service.

In Australia, it is not what you know, it is who you know!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have to agree. GFT has some serious issues! I looked at them as a possible broker but way too many people (probably almost 30 different conversations) in various forums and chat rooms warned me that they’re accounts were not ‘settled’ properly.

EXAMPLE - You close a trade with a profit of 50 pips. GFT continues to “gamble” for you for another 3 to 5 days! Yes, the trade continues. If they profit more, you gain the benefits but if they lose, you lose. This is a policy that is expressed in their agreement when you click OK and sign up with them. They resist admitting to it and continue to deny this is true but it has been revealed.

UGHH! I do not intend to gamble when I trade! I make solid, high probability decisions, act on them and exit when appropriate! If I make 50 pips, I want 50 pips…no more, no less. If I lose 50 pips, I accept my losses but do not continue to trade for me.

Tymen is basically using a broker that has licensed the “Dealbook” software…and if you like Dealbook (personally, I think it is great)…that is probably the only way to go. I would not want to deal with GFT directly!

I tested the waters with them back in June/July and did not like their style. A bit of high pressure to give them more money. They did not want to give me a non expiring practice account along side my live account, unless I coughed up bigger bucks. I wanted to test them out with $1,500 but they wanted $2,500. Even if you could have given them $20,000…would you want to? They are treating people like dogs when others are more than willing to give you free, non expiring demo accounts. So much for good customer service. Too much arrogance over at GFT for my taste.

***Also, just to add some more thoughts…I think GFT is only interested in bigger fish. My impression from my own research leads me to believe they want to attract people with 20K plus to invest. I don’t think they want little fish. It probably does not advance their business models or help them meet their goals. This is not a good or bad thing really. Just observation. BUT if you are a little fish, GFT is probably going to treat you like garbage.

I told them to take a hike. The sales rep appointed to me is still trying to get my business. I am enjoying letting him dangle in the breeze!

I’ve decided to abandon dealbook all together. Looking into the MT4 options now.

tnx again

I laughed while reading this chat, wow this person (an operator) seems to be crazy. Probably Dankje decided to chat late at night and an operator was dreaming…sleepwalker or smb like that. lol