Gilas Trading Journal

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/lawblow/trade-responsibly/3272674

2 week old account, started with 2K then added 1K last week to avoid margin closeout. Thankfully got out of the bad trades yesterday with decent profit. I hope I will always remember what it felt to be in 61% drawdown so I don’t repeat that ever again and stick to my rules.

Rule now is 1% max loss per trade and 2% max loss per day. If the account goes larger I’ll shift to 0.5% max loss per trade and 1% max loss per day.

Have been trading live for over two years, with a lot of failures. Sincerely hoping this time I finally find the discipline I need to be consistent. Fingers crossed.

Will be updating trades as often as I can. Comments and feedback, even if negative but constructive, much appreciated. Thanks.

10 Likes

Shorted UK100GBP (FTSE 100), bought SPX, shorted SG30SGD (singapore index), shorted DE30EUR (DAX), shorted GBPCAD and closed all for 155$ profit yesterday.

Shorted GBPJPY and DE30EUR (again) but fell asleep and was not able to close. GBPJPY now is in profit and DE30EUR is at a small loss. My TPs on GBPJPY were not hit due to spreads widening before the close. I think/hope GBPJPY will go down a bit more on Monday. Not so sure about DE30EUR, stocks in general have been bullish lately but I think we’ll get a pullback soon.

Beginning capital - $3,000.00
Current balance - $4,257.70
Current equity - $4,193.39
Realized gain - $1,257.70
Average gain per day (over 12 trading days) - $104.80/3.49% per day

Mistakes made were mostly getting out too early and not following my rules on tranche exits. Also entered too early on several trades. Violated my current max lot size (0.50 lots) on the open GBPJPY position and took 0.80 lots. Must exercise more discipline.

2 Likes

April 29

April 30 so far

Caught some nice trades yesterday and today so far. Was surprised that DAX (DE30EUR) suddenly fell, took profits too early and did not hold partials. Other than that, I don’t have any real complaints other than the usual missing out on some setups.

Trying to apply a concept a friend told me about. Set a base goal for the day, if it’s easily met try for a stretch goal, and if the stretch goal was still easy to meet reach for another stretch goal. The moment things become difficult or my mental and physical condition is not good anymore, be content with the goals met and walk away.

Current balance - $4,580.55
Current equity - $4,423.66
Realized gain - $1,580.55
Average gain per day (over 14 trading days) - $112.89/3.76% per day

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/lawblow/trade-responsibly/3272674

Am still heavily short GBPJPY. Here’s the chart on 1H.

If it can take out the 2 month lows, it will be quite a ride down.

Daily chart:

Closed everything, it seems I need to work on the other job.

$247 profit for the day. Hopefully I can short again later on a pullback.

Current balance - $4,625.51
Current equity - $4,625.51
Realized gain - $1,625.51
Average gain per day (over 14 trading days) - $116.10/3.87% per day

OMG. What a day. Whew. Stopped trading with 247$ gain. I resumed trading 4 hours ago and got stuck in positions 300$ down. Was able to get out with another 160$ish gain. Closed everything for about 400$ today. Am super euphoric, I think I definitely should stop trading. Thinking is impaired by emotions. Will post details tomorrow. Account is 59% up now. Cheers everyone!!!

Continued to trade drunk. Damn, should not be doing this. Got out with another 30$. Will stop for real now. Can’t risk blowing up again.

Here’s the record of yesterdays’s trades. I went in too early on GBPCAD, got stuck for a bit and so exited too early. Ah well. Must learn to control emotions better.

Sorry if I don’t post charts, most of the time when I spot a setup I have to get in fast and have no time to document it. If someone knows of an app or website that would convert the trade records into charts showing entries and exits that would be great.

I will probably do only light trading today, have had a nice win streak and don’t want to succumb to superman syndrome.

Current balance - $4,813.62
Current equity - $4,813.62
Realized gain - $1,813.62
Average gain per day (over 14 trading days) - $129.54/4.31% per day

Shorted FTSE 100/UK100GBP around 40 minutes before LSE opened around the red line. Exited a few minutes after open around the yellow line. 0.02 lots, made $45.67. Nice quick trade.

Going swimming with the baby and wife. Lots of markets on holiday so need to be very careful of price spikes and widening spreads. Will look at oil after EIA inventory data comes out later, SPX/ES and NQ/NAS100 after the US FOMC statement.

Current balance - $4,859.29
Current equity - $4,859.29
Realized gain - $1,859.29
Average gain per day (over 15 trading days) - $123.95/4.13% per day

Ended yesterday with $182 gain.

Up $152 so far today.

Should have closed more of the GBPCAD shorts, am stuck now. BoE rate decision risk later. Will try to get out as much as I can of my remaining positions before then.

Current balance - $5,148.29
Current equity - $4,912.62
Realized gain - $2,148.29
Average gain per day (over 16 trading days) - $134.26/4.47% per day

Interesting results, especially the drunk trading! haha

Care to enlighten us with an outline of your strategy?

Sure. I’ll post something more detailed regarding my strategy over the weekend.

1 Like

BoE was much ado about nothing, but traded nicely within a range.

Made $393.92 for the day. Have 1.1 lots still stuck in GBPCAD at -$180 but will leave it overnight.

Current balance - $5,389.92
Current equity - $5,222.13
Realized gain - $2,389.92
Average gain per day (over 16 trading days) - $149.37/4.98% per day

Can’t win everyday.

Woke up with a painful headache that just got worse and worse as time passed. Closed out all my trades because of it. Took a $29.36 loss. WIll no longer trade today because of the headache. Position would have made profit but I just could not continue to monitor the trade. Anyway, I’ve had a good run this week, up over $1,100, so I’m ok with losing a bit today.

Will have a long rest, thank goodness for the weekend. Good luck everyone on your trades today. I’m done for the week.

Current balance - $5,362.33
Current equity - $5,362.33
Realized gain - $2,362.33
Average gain per day (over 17 trading days) - $138.96/4.63% per day

Had a long chat with the wife. I moved the $2,362.33 in profits to a sub-account and will park it there for this week. I don’t feel confident enough to trade with larger size at this time anyway. Will continue trading with just the original $3,000 capital.

Also read somewhere that it’s important to pay yourself so the money feels real. I will make a withdrawal every month to cover my expenses and maybe treat myself every now and then.

1 Like

I promised you I’d give some explanation of how I trade. I essentially look for potentially developing ranges. I then tranche in and out of positions, leaving some on in case a breakout occurs.

Feel free to ask questions if you like.

Here’s another example. Wasn’t able to let it run all the way though, took my wife and son swimming. Ah well, it was a nice $45 profit after less than an hour. Important to learn to let those kinds of things go. Ranges develop all the time, except in strongly trending markets.

How many hours did you spend a day on these trades?
Might do the same if I (wish) had plenty of time.
Just curious what is your rewards:risks ratio?

I trade almost full time, spend about 6-12 hours a day charting, studying, reading, watching videos, trading. All my stats are in myfxbook and fxblue.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/lawblow/trade-responsibly/32726747
https://www.fxblue.com/users/pogilas

1 Like

Impressive Stats!
Can I say it’s a massive scalping in there, are you closing your trades when it crossed 10pips in profit (in general). On the losses as well? What I meant as soon as (within minutes) you realized the market is against, immediately you close.