GIVEAWAY: How long do you think it will take you to become a successful trader?

Hi, i’m Jaims from Nigeria
I’m a student and i love to learn things online.

Since i discovered Forex I’ve been having all round study about it online (youtube google and the likes) yet no indebt knowledge, Not until i found BABYPIPS.

Its been an interesting platform with explanatory guidelines so far. I’ve been making a little profit but i believe in the next 6months, i should have more profits over my loss.

Hello, my name is David and I’m student from London and I have been learning how to trade Forex for 4 months now from scratch however I feel that I need to demo trade at least 3 more weeks before I open a real account. In my opinion learning how to fully trade doesn’t have a specific time, some traders learn faster than others, but I’ll say 2 months learning and 3 months demo trading at least or until you feel comfortable, so 5 months at least. After that you are still learning from mistakes and vice versa. You really never stop learning.

Hey everyone! My name is abel I’m from New York City. I spend most of my free time looking at travel videos and doing my engineering schoolwork but I have a growing interest in the forex market.

I’ve never been live trading as I still have tons of things to learn and get into my head. I mainly have minimal knowledge but I’ve seen a ton of people recommend baby pips as a great first step and we’ll here I am. Since I just started I feel like it will take me 1 year and a half min to get the ropes and feel conftorable to go live.

Hi! I’m Nicodemus from Tanzania. The time bofore, I was struggling where I could complete acquiring knowledge about Forex because everyone is posting about Forex.But I really love the knowledge offered by Babypips community. I read all Lessson of Babypips for two months. I started trading demo for three months, I got my personal trading strategy that suit me. And now I have trading real account successfully. So in order to be a successful Forex trader that will take you from six months plus if you are careful to learn and practicaly flexible to test what you leant.

Hello everyone!! My name is Vincenzo. I am in the forex world since a few months now, I guess I am gonna be around here for long. As regards the answer to the question: I think one-year full commitment you can become a profitable trader but you have to build confidence and stick to the plan you created. The psychological part it’s the hardest to beat!!
Cheers, Vincenzo!

Hey there! I go by my online alias, Oxay. I am a college student currently studying Political Science in the United States. In my spare time, I like to play soccer and I occasionally dabble in video games when I’m not trading options. I’ve started to get into forex trading around 6 months ago and am still dedicating my time to absorbing information before I open up a demo account.

I think that everyone’s definition of being a successful trader is different. For me, being a successful trader means that I can trade full-time while being able to comfortably pay my bills on time, having at least a 6-month nest egg in case life happens, and also being able to set aside some more income in order to pursue other leisure activities or other business opportunities. Since my vision of success is pretty large, I think that it will take me around five years to achieve my definition of success, however if I devote all my effort into it, I think I could be a successful trader in about half that time.

My name is Scott and I live in South Florida. Please don’t that against me as my parents dragged me down here when I was 2. It “IS” very hot in the summer, hot in the fall, we have 4 days of winter and then gets hot again.

I enjoy traveling to foreign countries and experiencing their cultures and food and I have an expensive hobby - 1968-1974 American Muscle Cars - and I am looking for a way to fund this hobby.

I stumbled onto FOREX about 10 months ago and have been trading a Demo account trying various strategies, indicators, oscillators and the like. Some have worked and some have not. I enjoy Technical Analysis and treat each trade as if it were “Real” money. I read almost anything I can get my hands on with some exceptions - “How to Make 9547% on Every Trade” is not my preferred reading materiel. I stick to Non-Fiction not Fantasy!

My “Demo” account was funded at $10,000 on June 23, 2019 and I have 2434 trades to date. My account lost a whopping 12% from it’s inception. For the past 30 days my account is up almost 6%.

I think I can be a consistent trader within 8 months and once I break the $12500 on my “Demo” account I feel I will be ready for “Live” trading.

Hey,

My name is Eugene and I am from Estonia. I live with my wife my daughter and a cat :slight_smile: I am in trading business for about eight years now. I mostly trade a couple of currencies and I day-trade only. A successful trader is probably one that consistently making money? If yes, then I’d say a couple of years minimum. Of course, one can get lucky for a while but eventually, lack of discipline, greed and over-trading will ruin even a very solid rules-based system. At the moment I am polishing a strategy for a third currency that I plan on adding to my trading and thus decided to refresh my knowledge a bit. There is plenty to learn on the site. Thanks!

1 Like

Good dsy.
Im Rolen from South Africa.
I have been demo trading about 6 months using various strategies devised on my own from the help of babypips forums.
I see my strategies are being profitable.
I hope to be fully trading a real account in 6 months.
Thanks guys
Stay safe

1 Like

Hi I am Michael from Amsterdam. I am student at a Dutch university and obsessed with numbers and science . With that I mean mostly chemistry, maths and economics. I have also always been bad at languages.

To answer the question. The time it takes, is the time you need to get to know yourself, your goals and your motivation also you need to find out why you want to trade. When you find this out to the smallest details you will be a succesfull trader.

Hello,
My name is Casper. I live in the UK, with my family. I work full-time.

I am currently educating myself with Babypips Education and am about half way through.

Ambitious part of me would say I would like to become a successful trader by the end of the year. The realistic part of me says that after I have opened and practiced on my demo account successfully with trading plans and strategies, that time might be 18months to 2 years optimistically.

I look forward to the journey!

Hello my name is Mike! I’m a nurse assistant going to school to become a nurse and have been trading forex currency on the side for 2 years now. My advice for the newbies is to definitely take advantage of the website material here on babypips because it was very helpful for me and follow the email updates on forex news. This stuff is free and is very helpful information for new traders!

Oxay,

Don’t wait to open your Demo account. Do it now. There is no better practice then trading with your “Demo” account!!

Good Luck!!

1 Like

Hi I’m Rayner from Nigeria, I live with my family, I spend most of my free time reading and studying psychological books and learning new languages

I’ve been live trading for 4 months now, and I aim to be a profitable and disciplined trader , to get there I’m hoping to further tweak my strategy from my previous mistakes and spending more time understanding the market…

Hi there everyone, My name is Shihab and I am a novice in this sector. But this site’s content is easy to understand and precise. I need to learn more so, talk to you later.

Stay home
Wishes,
Shihab

Munguu,

Do you have a Demo account yet? If you don’t - open one. There is no better training that actually doing it. I am not a profitable trader yet but I do win more than I lose, unfortunately my losses are greater than my wins. I will correct this soon, I hope!!

Evening all, I’d been debating introducing myself and then saw this as the final incentive!

I’m Daniel and from the UK. I wandered across this site as a recommendation when looking to get into Forex Trading. I admit I’m feeling pretty old at 38 compared to some of you guys, but just as much a novice with online trading.

I have been studying Forex for around 2 months, completed the school of pipology (what a fantastic resource), and have my first demo account. So far after trying a variety of trading styles I’m finding that swing trading works best for me in terms of my ambition to use this to supplement my regular salary, and I’ve been trying to take advantage of the sad situation we’re all in to capitalise on some crucial experience in trading.

So far after 2 weeks of activity I am 20% up on my demo account starting value (£10k), so I’m just waiting for reality to crush my hopes and dreams any day with some bad trades (I’ve had a quite a few but I learn fast!).

Anyway it’s great to meet you all and to be part of such a welcoming community. I hope everyone is safe and well and hope you all earn some of the pips we’re all here to hunt for. :slight_smile:

Hello everyone! I’m Marvellous from Nigeria. I’ve gotten involved with forex actively for just below 4 months. I also am very grateful for the wonderful free resources here on babypips, it’s helped get my bearings aright amidst the ocean of instructional videos and tutorials online.

Quite frankly I’d hoped I’d be a pro trader like last month😀 lol but the more I learn, the more I find there’s more to know so, for now I’m just not putting any time or limit to my trading prowess potential. Basically just keep developing and improving as I believe the best is yet to come.
So stay safe! And best regards.

I’ve been looking for brokers to open demo accounts with, I currently use TOS for options trading but their Papertrading application doesn’t allow me to buy custom lots, which is a problem because I want to simulate what I can do with the initial funding of any future accounts I may open.

Hello, my name is Yassin from Morocco I have been trading Forex for a little two months or less and my motivation for trading was to refer someone to me on this really wonderful community BabyPips and I read all the stages and classes of the school up to the stage of graduation in a short time and started trading using the information of this community and its content Absolutely wonderful and thankfully now I think I got a profitable trading strategy from this wonderful community and the credit goes to God and to this truly wonderful community.
Good luck, God bless you!