GIVEAWAY: How long do you think it will take you to become a successful trader?

hello Asif! I am also working on the demo account, did you find any particular benefit in using the demo for 6 months? Do you feel more confident now? I am planning to do the same, it would be nice to hear from someone with this experience!

Hi everyone, I am Obiagu from Nigeria. I live in eastern Nigeria, Aba to be precise. I found my way into trading after 2 years of unemployment. Starting my journey with babypips in March 2019 was one best thing I did in 2019. After finishing the course, I went ahead and demo traded for 6 months. I only recently went live February this year. I aim to be profitable as soon as possible. I believe being profitable is not time bound, rather it requires some rudiments, which when applied, results to profitabiity, even overnight. I therefore intend to continue with the right education, adhere to good risk management, remain disciplined and engage a accurate strategy.

Hello! I’m Simone, or Simon if you prefer! I’m italian but I live in Wales. I used to travel a lot for my job, as I am a freelance musician, but as I am grounded I am using these weeks to learn a new skill and to have a side income. I do not intend to become very rich, but in 4-5 years it would be nice to have enough money to invest in a flat to rent.

I think I am going to stay on the demo for about 6 months, and then go Live.
I think that it could take about one year to become steady profitable in the Forex (at least, that’s my plan!)
Nice to meet you all!

Hi all, I’m sunday from Nigeria, a student who live alone and spend most of my time online surfing for information about fx trading. I learnt about babypips through jaywayne of Team Take Profit, and since then I have learnt a lot.
I have been studying and practicing every idea I come in contact with, until last week where I have been able to develop my own strategy and good trading discipline, which has been profitable for me for being in the systems backdated February 24. 2020. I see my self in the next 8-10 months doing more better than I am now, avoiding some mistakes I find my self doing right now, and lastly to be able to impact people around me. Thanks

Hi my name is Skyler. I’m originally from Tennessee, USA but have lived in Oklahoma for the past few year since joining the military. For a few months I’ve been revisiting forex now that It’s plausible that I get started. I’ve learned a lot from BabyPips so far, and I hope to take advantage of my occasional telework weeks to actually trade. I wrk in cyber security, and love volunteering with youth. I recently got married right in the middle of quarantine and we live-streamed our wedding. It’s been a crazy year, but I’m excited to delve deeper into the forex market after hours of studying.

How long does it take to be successful trader?
Well, that depends on what you consider to be successful. For me, that would mean in a general sense, being profitable more than being in the red on a weekly or monthly basis. However personally, I’m striving for a supplemental source of income of at least $1,000 per month. If I can set aside the time and be disciplined, I still expect this to take 2-3 years once I establish an improved trading plan. To be successful, as in profitable, it will take a couple months of disciplined trading.
Thanks for the opportunity.

HI. I’m paul from Nigeria. I have always been looking for someone to guide me through FX trading but to no avail until I got to know about babypips this January from a friend. I’m still studying and running a demo account. I hope to be successful in 2 years time

Hi my name is Stephen from Nigeria. I have been practicing demo and real account for the past 8 months. Forex is an avenue to augment your revenue if you can trade with small lot.
I trade real account with $250 and blew up because of the high lot. My advice is to trade with small lot if you want to last long in this trade.

Hi, I am Paro from Austria / Europe and I stumbled across this great site by chance, looking for something new to learn. Now I am learning like crazy and my head is smoking: so much to learn, so much to read, so much to explore. Thanks for the good work you have put out and the opportunity you provide.

Oh, and by the way, I am 60 years old and hope I will get a grasp of forex trading within this crazy year of 2020. I gotta go now and finally open my demo account!

See you all on the trading floor, newbies. Cheers!!!

1 Like

Depending on where you live there are many different traders available - for instance look at the advertisements on Baby Pips to try to find a trader.

Hi everyone. I’m Mikhail from South Africa and I’ve been trading now for a about 6 months. Problem is though that I haven’t been trading with any sort of decent strategy and I joined babypips to change that.
I think that it will take about 9 months for me to become a successful trader. My plan is to graduate from the course by October while applying what I learn using a demo account while slowly adding capital to my real account before moving over to real money in January.
I hope everyone uses this difficult time wisely and we’re rewarded through profitable (and repeatable) trades!

1 Like

Hi my name is Tom from Singapore. I have been practicing demo account for couple of years. I can play well in demo account but come to real account I feel the pitch of money fly away that why lot emotion put in. Once your emotion put in is very hard to play. You will think twice before you place, but the opportunity chance is gone. You can start with small amount and fix yourself not to greed! If you can play well roughly 3-4 months is good for you to fly.

Hi all! I’m JFidelis, from North Carolina , in the US. I like to spend most of my free time reading and listening to audio books and of course spending time with my wife and my 3 dogs.

I’ve been demo trading for about 3 months now and I aim to be a profitable trader in about 4-5 months. Thinking on someday being able to make a living off of Forex.
To get there, I’m hoping to further refine my trading strategy and consistently devote more time to watching trading educational videos and courses!

Hello Everyone,

I’m Tim, a Vietnamese, living in CA, USA. Still studying hard in the Babypips education for 2 months. But I think it will take me longer, maybe 3 more months on studying, and around 2 months on demo to build up enough confident to go live. If everything is on the smooth path, I hope to become a profession Forex trader next year.

Great community.

Hi my name is franklin am new to this platform with a single goal “To learn and master the tricks in forex trading, thereby becoming a successful trader in time to come.” To become a successful trader it will take you atleast (six months) of learning and a minimum of ( One year) to become successful in trading.

Hello Lamondera

I would say trading a demo account is a must for at least a year before you try to go with a live account, I’ve learnt many things trading demo such as risk to reward, entries and exits, strategies to use in trending markets or markets that are consolidating, I’ve nearly finished the baby pips course and recommend watching some very competent YouTubers. Please don’t fall for people selling courses or signals you can learn all about trading from many free online sources and of course buy some books too!

2 Likes

Hi all pipsters & pipsterettes! Brian here - have two sons and a dog called Limey. I demo-traded for about 2 years and live trading now for only four months. Have been using BabyPips the whole time- what a massive help - so thanks So much for such a well put together approach to learning the greatest profession in the world! (BabyPips - you really need to do a podcast) only breaking even with the trading so far but for me all the research is super fun so I’m having a fantastic time with this and trying to continue learning something new each day. Oh and I want to be profitable right now!:joy: but will be realistic and set a target within this first year- thanks again for everything- I owe you one.

1 Like

Hi, I am Keya from Kenya. I have been demo trading for 5 months while using the resources from babypips. I will hopefully turn profitable in October. Thank you!

Hi everyone! My name is Caroline and I’m from Portugal.
I’ve always dreamed about being financially independent in order to enjoy life and own my time. I struggled for sometime since I didn’t know where to start and immediately fell in love with the idea of trading in the FX market the minute I came across it. I heard about babypips school through a podcast and jumped in immediately. Just ended all lesson a couple of days ago and have been demo trading for a month or so! I expect to demo trade for at least another 5-6 months and hope to get really good by then (meaning with a system that works for me and the right risk management in place).
I really enjoy the learning process but I can’t wait to flatten the curve and start killing it!!
Hopefully by the the end of the year I’ll start to become consistent, profits wise!

Hi, I am Daniel from Nigeria. I’ve been live trading for about 4 months now. Trading FX has always been one thing I so badly wanted to learn and I’m grateful.to babypips for making it a reality. I enrolled in the school of pipsology in October last year. I am still trying to attain a good level of trader discipline,once I’m able to do that and adhere strictly to my trading strategy, I can then call myself a successful trader irrespective of how much profit I would have made by then. So, I think before the end of this year I can refer to myself as a successful trader.

Hi I’m Barrington Virgo from The US. Pennsylvania to be exact I’m a real estate agent. I’ve been trading for about a year and a half in stocks and I recently switched over to forex about 2-3 months ago just dabbling but being serious in learning in 1 month. Especially after finding this site and those in the market. They are definitely both different what people think is you can easily learn them the same. That is not true at all stocks and forex both totally different.

1. I think it will take me about 2-6 months to be a successful trader because I am in my opinion slightly ahead of the curve and also because of the coronavirus if the virus was not around I would say 8-12 b