GIVEAWAY: What is your favorite trading psychology quote?

We’re overjoyed with the steady increase of our new traders, making the BabyPips community as vibrant and lively as ever! And with that, allow us to warmly welcome you all with a super easy giveaway that will give your trading journey a boost!

For this giveaway, we’re excited to announce that we’ll be giving away 10 digital copies of the trading book “Bulletproof Trader” by Steve Ward!

If you haven’t heard of Steve Ward,

Steve is the author of High-Performance Trading: 35 Practical Strategies and Techniques to Enhance Your Trading Psychology and Performance, Sports Betting to Win: The 10 Keys to Disciplined and Profitable Betting and TraderMind: Get a Mindful Edge in the Markets, and has written my articles for leading trading publications. He co-managed a team of 45 proprietary traders in London, was the consultant trading performance coach to the BBC TV series Million Dollar Traders, and spent a number of years trading stock indices and FX in his own account.”

Bulletproof Trader

If you’re eager to know what it takes to become a Bulletproof Trader, don’t miss out on this chance to get your hands on this book!

“Becoming a bulletproof trader is forged over time through experience, and by applying the latest insights from biological and psychological sciences, the best that practical philosophy can teach us, and a healthy dose of pragmatism – doing what actually works in the real world of trading the markets.

This book brings together all of Steve’s latest insights into how to deal with stresses and setbacks and sustain high performance in a comprehensive, accessible and unmissable book, so that you too can become a bulletproof trader. Don’t trade without it.”

To qualify, all you have to do is…

1. Reply to this thread with your introduction.
  2. Share your answer to the question:

What is your favorite trading psychology quote? What makes it your favorite?

After that, you’re all set! Piece of cake, right? Especially for future bulletproof traders like yourselves!

There will be 10 winners.

1. 2 winners will be selected by the BabyPips team.
  2. 8 winners will be selected randomly from the pool of posts created.

The giveaway period starts today September 28, 2020 and ends on October 05, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.

We will announce the winners on this thread on October 06, so watch out for that!

*The prize will be sent via email, which means we’ll have to ask for the winners’ email addresses. Failure to respond with your email addresses within 7 days will result in disqualification and selection of new winners.

Time to bust out the wisest quotes you’ve got and be well on your way to becoming a bulletproof trader!

Good luck!

** For more information on this book, click HERE.

5 Likes

Hi @Penelopip, My favorite trading quote is ‘It is hard enough to know what the market is going to do; if you don’t know what you are going to do, the game is lost.’ I love it because it reminds me to prepare ahead of the trading sessions.

1 Like

There is one old but gold:
“You will be much more in control if you realize how much you are not in control.”

It’s from the all-time classic “The intelligent investor” and I think it’s the most powerful one !

1 Like

Hi Penelopip.
Just one or two psychological hurdles to jump on my way to becoming a better trader. Steve Ward’s new book would be ideally suited right now.

And my favourite quote which is carrying me forward daily is:-

“Do more of what works and less of what doesn’t.”Steve Clark

1 Like

This got me looking up trading psychology quotes just because I realize I don’t know any. :sweat_smile:

“Trading doesn’t just reveal your character, it also builds it if you stay in the game long enough.” - Yvan Byeajee

I just thought it was interesting and very real since forex has that power to change your character, and I’ve witnessed this firsthand. :sweat_smile: But I guess, my all time favorite is “Sometimes, the best trade is no trade at all.” said by some of the wise men here. :blush:

2 Likes

Learn trading be smart be wise and be a winner

My trading strategy is based on price action and trend following, so my base trading psychology quote is:

The trend is your friend.

Been here a while and completed the excellent course! My quote comes from a real life trader who is on here, YouTube and has a Facebook group - The Scruffy Trader. Only trader to show his trades the same day/live and freely gives of his time to help others.

“Sitting on your hands is taking a position”

This quote has saved me and my account several times!!

1 Like

“If you cannot control your emotions, you cannot control your money.”

Warren Buffet

1 Like

The wait is finally over!

We now have our trading book giveaway winners!

Thank you to everyone who participated and shared their favorite trading psychology quotes with us! We hope you can further imbibe these wise words as you go along with your forex trading journey! But for now, it’s time to gear up and transform into BULLETPROOF TRADERS with your brand new trading book!

So, without further ado, here are our giveaway winners!

@bizdons
@Miree
@steve369
@ria_rose
@MaryamMillares
@TradingDave1
@NickQ
@cherie1076

Congratulations to all the winners! Each of you will be receiving a digital copy of the book “Bulletproof Trader” by Steve Ward. I’ll be in touch with you shortly to ask for your email addresses.

*Failure to respond with your email addresses within 7 days will result in disqualification and selection of new winners.

We’ve got even more exciting things brewing so better stay tuned for that!

6 Likes

WOW, this is awesome! I’m so happy to be part of the winners :trophy: Thanks @Penelopip.

1 Like

Whooohooo, thank you Penelopip, some more reading stuff is always welcome :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Awesome…Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Excellent! Thanks Penelopip and Babypips!!

2 Likes

OMG! :blush: Haha. I might be a bit late but super thank you! :smiley: Haha. It’s been a while since I won anything here so I’m super excited! :smiley:

1 Like

My all time favourite will be a quote by Yvan Byeajee, Reaching any goal in trading requires specific domain knowledge and technical skills. But then, after that, it’s all mindset management. Yet most people ignore that —they automatically think they have that last part all figured out, and it’s a mistake.